Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Ok, so today was awesome and not so awesome. Awesome for the obvs reasons and not so awesome because today was the day I finally got laid off. I knew it was coming but that somehow didn't prevent me from crying. I was like "Why am I crying?!" So yes, not in the very best of moods. Oh and that job that I really wanted, posted the ad to last week...the ad has been removed and no call to me so :( I think I see a Starbucks pickmeup in my future tomorrow morning. On the plus side, I've already applied to 3 jobs just tonight. Fingers crossed, man.

I just saw another girl tracked down Rob in a pub in London on Perez...grrrrrrr...I am definitely coming out to LA to do some tracking, Sam! :twisted: And if you like Michael Cera you like Arrested Development, right? Looks like the movie is going to happen! Very exciting.

Paulinha, it's okay to call it tracking since its just a Twilight related joke...well, I mean...okay. It's crazy. But I like it!

Ok, I give up attempting to post. Too exhausted from this mentally straining day.

Sorry for the crazies... :oops: :?

Oh and hey Okto! I dont believe we've met. I'm Kim, 22, Philly and slightly crazy. I think we'll forgive you for being 19 :) About Obama: today was a surreal experience. I still kind of don't believe that Obama is really the president. Here's to the next 4 years! Glad you're on the Tracking Team :)

Annnddd before I forget tomorrow is the deadline for the swap. Pay attention any newbs who want in!
You must PM or email me at [email protected] by January 21st 11PM EST
-The email must contain: 1) Your name, 2) address 3) List of interests or things you like ex: chocolates, books, yummy smelling stuff, things with unicorns etc...
-The swap has nothing to with Lush. You can get your Secret Valentine whatever you want as long as it's something it seems they would like based on their list of interests
-You will receive your Secret Valentine's info the following day Thursday January 22nd
-Your Valentine is a secret so shhh! Don't tell anyone who you have!
-Most importantly, enjoy and have fun!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Hi Kim! Phew! I'm so glad to be forgiven.

I'm so terribly sorry about your job, that must be unbelievably stressful for you... i wish you the best of luck on the job hunt!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

welcome okto... glad to have you.
my stance on the age thing is, well, as long as you don't come in here and turn this place into an **EEK, he's so cute! Totally dreamy! Like, totally!** type place then I think anyone should be welcome, just keep it real, and you'll be fine!
I guess that sounded pretty damn high school too, huh, so I don't have any room to talk.
:lol:
good luck on the job Cymbrelynn, I'm in the same boat!
And HECK YES!!! No More Bush!! Obama Rules!!
that'll be all...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Hi! I'm new to this.
I'm only 19..but I'll be 20 in 4 months.

Senorgimp-I agree Obama rocks!
My mom sent me a funny text today.
I hope its okay to say here..its not bad..just the wording..lol
But it said..

"Just a friendly reminder, shave your crotch, January 20th is the last day for Bush."
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Why is it whenever I have time to post no one else is posting, but every other time of the day the posts are coming in like crazy??

Paulinha- Booooo Booooo... Just kidding! ;) No need for ducking and hiding, what do you think we are going to do? I hope you know we are joking!

Anna Mae- Agreed. I think if I knew Rob was going to be somewhere, I might try to show up there also... but I don't think the chances of that ever happening are very high besides I'd probably be wasting my time... I would never have the guts to approach him or anything, I'd just be admiring from afar... well maybe that's not so bad after all :lol:

Catherine- :o :shock: Oh no! We're going to have to ban you from the thread... ;) Well I don't mind anyway, but we better see what Ninna says as she seems to be the one to rule with the iron fist. I think Eddie is also only 19, turning 20 this year if I'm not mistaken... or it could be somebody else... You'll be one of us soon enough so I think it's all right to get yourself acquainted with us a little early. Plus if you do that Puss-In-Boots face with the voice, no one will be able to turn you away :lol: That puppy chow sounds yummy (and funny)! I'll have to try that sometime, though I would probably be better off not subjecting myself to all that.

Cas- I really like the fanfic so far! I've never been really into all human stories, but I actually do like yours and I'm looking forward to more chapters... keep 'em coming.

Kim- Oh no! I didn't know you were getting laid off, for some reason I thought you were quitting :( I'm really sorry you didn't get the job at ESP either, that would have been awesome. There are tons of other historical places in Philly that could probably use your help though, I'm sure you'll find something good soon enough. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya. Sounds like you'll be needing a peppermint mocha in the morning. I also saw the post about how Rob played at an open mic night! I'm worried he won't be doing them in LA anymore as he's said it's difficult for him now that he's famous. I'd love to randomly see him out somewhere like these girls on Perez seem to be doing... unless they are really some sort of enemy Tracking Team or something... I really, really hope they do the movie. I think Jason Bateman has said he's in, but I think I just read an article the other day (Was it on Perez?) that Michael Cera hadn't committed yet. I think he will though right? I mean he has to!

Senor- Woops! I'm 23 and kinda tend to talk like that when it comes to Rob.... but at least I'm adding other stuff to the conversation, right? :oops:

Welcome Ashie! I've been hearing that around too lately :lol: I don't think it's too inappropriate, we're a pretty easy going crowd and I happen to find that very funny!

So some random things to add... concerning Rob, I just finished watching the Harry Potter movie he was in *sigh* I would love him in anything he does. I just can't get enough. I find myself liking the HP movies as well, I might even get around to reading the books someday.
I got a Facebook friend request tonight... from my MOM! A little weird, but cool I think. I know some friends' moms who are on Facebook or MySpace, just never thought my mom would get into it. I don't think she's technologically savvy enough to really do much with it, but we shall see.
Tomorrow I begin training the girl at work who has been hired as my replacement. This should be interesting, but I'm guessing I won't be able to spend all day long on the Internet if she will be sitting next to me :roll: Don't know what I'm supposed to do all day if I can't get on the Lex at all...
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Cymbrelynn

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Thank you, Okto, senor and Sam. I'm determined to stay positive. Unfortunately, a lot of rich asshats decided to really make life difficult for the rest of us.

Sam, you havent read HP?!? It's mandatory reading! You won't regret it. And better your mom openly friend you. My traitor sister gave my mom her password so that she could go on her account and stalk me down that way. Yeah, she's crazy. And no, I dont think Rob will be doing any open mics in LA. Unless he adopted an extreme disguise. If those girls are an enemy tracking team they are going down. :twisted: I think Cera said that he's just waiting for the script.There's an interview with him on the MTV Movies Blog. It doesn't make any sense that he wouldn't do the movie! C'mon! ;)

Haha. Love the text, ashie. I couldn't imagine my mom sending me anything like that! (besides the fact that she's a die hard Bush supporter)

I took some valerian root and now will disappear into a blissful slumber. Goodnight all!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I find myself liking the HP movies as well, I might even get around to reading the books someday.
BLASPHEMY!!
I can't believe you haven't read them yet, they are so excellent, like 14 times better than the movies, so you must!!
And don't worry about the Rob talk, I was just saying, as long as there's other stuff you talk about, not just gushing over guys all day, I know you girls are all head over heels for him, and that's no problem...
Just try not to let it be the only topic of discussion, and I'll stick around :D
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Haha.

CantBreathe- My mom is 50 and she has a Myspace. Along with a bunch of the older people in my family. And my uncle and aunt who are 40s, 50s have facebook.
Its just a normal thing in my family now I guess.

Cymbrelynn-Haha, yeah. My mom sends some quite interesting texts sometimes..and my boyfriend is like why is your mom sending you that? My mom never liked Bush though..and she didnt even vote for Obama. She didnt vote at all..ptth. But she did prefer Obama to McCain.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
Cymbrelynn

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Oh and a couple last things:

If any of you guys have last.fm please friend me:
http://www.last.fm/user/youresopretty46

And goodreads would be especially useful with you lot:
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1698941

Night!
EddieC

Post by EddieC »

Sam wrote: I think Eddie is also only 19, turning 20 this year if I'm not mistaken... or it could be somebody else....
I'm turning 21! >.< I'm not THAT young! <3
More Sam wrote:Eddie- Ooh I wanted to see that one too! I have such a crush on Michael Cera, he is like the cutest dork ever, love him! Sorry it didn't work for you. My new favorite comedy is Pineapple Express if you're into stupid stoner-ish flicks. Well I don't think it's stupid at all, but it does revolve around smoking pot. I just love the actors in it and usually all the movies with those guys are great! Ew I'm sorry you had to see your ex... I don't know if that's nice she's still trying to be friends, but doesn't sound like it considering all the jerk-y stuff she did to you. And yes we are Facebook friends :D
It was good! I need to watch Pineapple Express, but I'm in the mood for a really fluffy comical movie! XD

Not nepolean dynamic though, that was horrible.

Mmm, she's been sending me emails about getting together for chilling times, and I've made myself clear.

NO.

Is that too hard to understand?

And YAY FB!
CiaoBella wrote:Eddie- Nice to have you back! It’s unfortunate to hear that your ex girlfriend seems to be going a bit out of her way to have face-to-face contact with you. I hope you can continue to evade her though, I know I wouldn’t want to see an ex who did to me what she did to you… but at least there are other fish in the sea who are bound to realize what a catch you are ;)
I've been really wanting to get away from her, she just doesn't take no for an answer? And places at the Uni I just can't get away from her.

Needless to say I was in a horrible mood today, i wanted to get out, throw myself out the window, and give up on life, it's a minor depression stage.

I read something today, and this pretty much defines my life, almost. I see myself doing these things, but I don't know if I'm actually one of them

http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~jenf/writing/rant04.html

Can the girls on this forum tell me why is that true?
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic