Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by twilight813 »

hey everyone! i just wanted to stop by and say I am ok! I know I havent been on in a while but school just started so i have been busy with getting stuff together and working! but i am ok! hehe

i miss you guys! ill read some posts tomorrow!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Huh. What's with the silence? Silence of the lambs...
bad jokes are my biz... :roll: All the little Bellas (=lamb) being so quiet for a change.. Hiding out from Hannibal? I can't believe there hasn't been pages and pages full of posting these last 24 hours! :shock: So unnatural for this thread! :D Miss y'all!

What's everyone up to?

I had a bad mother-moment here.. *whistles* Gonna feel bad about it all weekend but won't bug you with it.. Now I really have to go clean up the kitchen before my friend comes. We'll eat some cake and she'll cut my hair and I get to hold my tiny little godson. It's been weeks since I last saw that baby and he grows so fast... She said she's gonna take me to lounch at my favorite chinese place tomorrow as a birthday gift! God, gotta love her. I've been wanting to go there for weeks. :P Hubs never wants to eat out..
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

I'm away and everyone posts and once I'm back - nothing! :lol: But I agree with CapuGirl, this silence isn't natural... Missed you all! *hugs*

Just wanted to stop buy and say: YEAH! Twilight ads everywhere (on all the homepages, tube stations,...) here in Austria! And Twilight's #1 in the Austrian box office! That made me smile today! Well, more than smile... I sat at my desk and was like "yes, yes, YES!". lol I'm a bit crazy, I know... Even heard some teens talking about Twiligth on my way to work today! Twilight all the way! There are lots of intervies on German and Austrian magazine homepages as well!

I'm back at work (since yesterday)... Well, I enjoyed London more than work but that's hardly surprising! ;)
My bf left a surprise present for me on our coffee table: earring with hearts made from Cubic zirconia. And there where heart shaped notes saying "for you" and "miss you". Awww! It was so sweet and made me think of the Eclipse quote from Paulinha about the heart Edward gives to Bella..."and it,too, is yours...". Yesterday on the phone my bf was like "what am I doing there (in Romania)?" and I just said "Come home". He's not going to come home but it's good to know that he wants to be home with me...

CappuGirl: enjoy your birthday treat.

MRK:Stay with us! You will still be a 20 something at heart! :D

CantBreathe: I'll just jump into the discussion. Reading all those pages would simply take to long (maybe I'll be able to do it during the weekend).

Tabs: I agree with you on the ID photos. Wingtear looks lovely. The last I took (in accordance with the new European norm for passport pictures) looked like a mug shot. Seriously! It was terrible... :? My face took up the whole picture and looked huge...

Whoever hasn't read HP: you should really, really read it!!!!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

Whoa, it has been pretty quiet on this thread over the last 24 hours *looks around suspiciously to make sure no one has kidnapped any of my 20-something Lex pals* :shock:

Samantha- I feel sad on behalf of your friend who didn't think Pineapple Express was funny! That makes my heart cry a little bit. (Okay not really, but I felt like being dramatic :lol: ) And other than the high five I gave you for being a fellow Cancer, I'd like to give you yet another high five for having awesome taste in movies! (If I can find what I'm looking for, I just might be sending you a Michael Cera related PM in a moment... ;) )

Tabs- I agree with a lot of what you said on the "nice guy" thing... and Shawshanking it! (P.S. I love that phrase, I may have to borrow that in the future).

Ninna- You look so freakin’ pretty in your ID pictures! (Something I had previously thought was impossible to accomplish, by the way).

Hello to everyone else, and happy-almost-Friday! :D
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@mrk, we share our bdaydate :)

About the age, well i dont care really what age ppl are who come here, as long as it stays the way it is. Not that i want a whole bunch of teens in here, but who cares if someone is 18 or 33 or something? I always hung put with ppl older than me, back when i was a teen. And im married to someone who is 33. I mean the 30's thread isnt that big and ours is. I just think it al depends on how you act and feel like, not just your birthday. Maybe we'll have just an adult thread someday, for everybody who is or feels older.

I wasnt feeling well yesterday, so i stayed home. I read some fanfic but my head wasnt really up to thinking about the lex. Im glad my collegue went to work instead of me, ive slept until 14:00 :shock:

another nice fanfic:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3870116/43/Meyer_University
Its all human though, but a nice story :)

oh my gawd...they just brought me my BDb books!!! *does a lill dance*
[edit]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Book one isnt here yet. *stomps her foot* :evil:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Yesterday I wasn't on the Lex due to minor mental breakdown related to job loss. It's all good today, though! Calm, cool, collected and on the hunt. Insted of being a Rob tracker now I'm a job tracker. Hardy har har.

I second jasmine, anyone who feels our vibe here should be welcome. Whether that be a pretty mature 16 year old or a young at heart grandma. It would definitely feel so weird to, like, my 30th birthday and I'm all "Bye guys! Off to the 30s thread!" I'd be all like "I miss the Gen-Ys" :(

Ninna, your photos look kind of like a modern art installment. You could definitely give it a fancy/artsy name and pretend like it's not just an assortment of various ID photos. And I know what you mean about the picture taken from below. When I studied in London the photo for my student ID was taken from under. I looked completely alien! And the photo I took for my travel card was also messed up. London was conspiring against me! :P

vamp_elf, welcome back! And I just have to say from everything you've written about him...Your boyfriend is awesome. I'm jealous.

Sam, I will definitely be enjoying the break. But after about a week I think I will start to go crazy. I like being busy. I don't use last.fm for social networking so much. It's primary function for me is that it takes the music that you listen to in your player and then plays back music to you that it thinks you will like based on what it knows you already like. It's a great tool for discovering new music. And we're musical soulmates??! Whhyyyy are you moving across the country? We could've been concert buddies :( I don't have any friends with the same taste in music that I have so whenever I want to go see a concert I have to go it alone. And I'd rather not do that so I end up never going. About HP: I'd go so far as to say move it to the top of your list. It's pretty much mandatory reading. And it's so awesome.

Eddie, I think a big problem is that nice guys are often pushovers. And I can tell you that is a huge turn off. One of the biggest turn ons is confidence. If I found a nice guy who was also confident and sure of himself I would probably be falling all over. Just some food for thought.

Have you seen the Dakota Fanning rumors? My biggest concern with Jane is that she doesn't age. Casting a teenager who will definitely age is :? But casting for this role is just difficult in general since the character looks so young.The best option wouldve been to find an adult who looks very young and could pull it off, I think. The aging of an adult is a lot less obvious than a teen. Hm. We'll see.

Weeee. I get to leave at 1 today. Woot.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Aww MRK, 30 isn't old! Besides that, you look very young, so you could have just kept us all fooled ;)

Hi Lily! *waves* We miss you too, come back and see us when you have some time :)

Cappu- I am starting to feel like I scare everybody away :( It seems when I come around to post, nobody is around. I actually like your "bad" jokes so keep 'em comin! :lol: Sounds nice you get to see your friend and your godson and mmmm Chinese food... Thanks, I'm definitely wanting some now! Have fun! I'll just be wasting the day away at work and then going home to do more packing... fun fun :roll:

Vampire_elf- It is good to hear Twilight is doing so well over there. How freakin cute what your bf did!! I just read that and sighed. You two are too cute! How long is he gone for again... 6 months? I just hope the time flies by for you guys. My passport and driver's license photos always look horrible too! What's your secret Ninna?

Kiella- I don't even consider that being dramatic. I was literally quite upset that he didn't like Pineapple Express... not that it was anything to cry over, I just couldn't believe how someone couldn't love it, let alone not even think it was funny. Woo *double high fives* Of course I'm stuck at work and have to wait to get home to watch the videos, but I'm anxiously awaiting so they better be good :lol:

Jasmine- I totally agree with what you said regarding the age thing. I actually think the Gutter and the Heavenly Hash threads are considered for adults in the more general sense, but I've never really explored them. I'm quite happy here and not sure if I could keep up with any other threads :lol: Are you feeling better today? I hope you're enjoying your day off and also that you get Book 1 of BDB soon!

Kim- So wait are you still working at the job or done? I was just wondering where you're leaving from at 1 lol Glad you're feeling positive about it today. I know! I wish we had known each other sooner. I love all the venues in Philly, I will miss them. I have been to a lot of good shows there, but sometimes it is hard to find someone with the same taste. Actually Regina Spektor is a perfect example. I believe she was playing in AC sometime last summer but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to go with me :( I consider myself pretty independent but I would probably never go to a concert alone. I think I would just feel lonely and not have as much fun... I dunno. My officemate and I were just discussing the Dakota Fanning rumors. I'm willing to give almost anyone a chance although she is not what I pictured at all. I want them to choose someone who looks pretty young, but the actor aging is definitely an issue. I guess there are older actors out there you really look young. I'm just trying to put faith in the powers that be that they will make the right decision.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Nice guys... Well, I can honestly say I've always given nice guys a break. There was just one 'bad guy'-type of guy on my teens that I had a crush on (at14) and I even got something back. So I was really interested but just because I thought I saw a bit of a nice guy lurking in his eyes. :lol: I made friends with his sister and him... and he was constantly asking for my virginity. :roll: I wasn't gonna give it up but GAWD, the guy even had his 12 year old sister telling me I should do it! o.0 "really, you should. I can wait at the fire escape!" So bad guys are really bad guys. Stay the hell away from me... All my boyfriends have been nice guys. Honestly some of them have been a bit rough on the edges but I'd still call them nice guys.
OK, there was this one guy that got afraid that I'm too much in love with him and broke up. And a week later he wanted back together because he missed me but he was acting very distant from that moment on. So a couple of months later I told him I wanna break up, because I ain't a fan of such behaviour. And he was really relaxed about it, talked a bit about how he's scared of my feelings again. To his credit he did say something like "but the sex was awesome, you've got the moves..and I could hardly say that you've had a baby!" So er.. atleast he tried to boost my selfconfidence.. Then he said he was planning to smoke some pot later that night; that he hadn't done so in months. That made me jump up and through him out. :lol: I've always been very anti-drugs and man I'm not gonna have someone like that around my babygirl...
Hubs was the nicest guy ever. God, he was so cute and shy when we started up. That's what made me fall for him. After that I've done everything I could to boost his selfconfidence and sometimes I'm thinking I did too good of a job on it. Sometimes he really don't feel like a nice guy anymore. But it's still there. Just needs a bit of shaking from time to time to get it show. ;)

Oh man, I did it again.. shared too much.. well, maybe you'll find some humor in my life. One friend of mine said once that my life is like a soap opera! :lol:

I've lost half my hair since my last post! :shock: A bit shorter than I meant but I like it. I'll dye it black next week. then it really looks like an Alice-hair. =) My accidental Alice-hair. :lol:

Oops. Forgot another subject.. TWILIGHT THE MOVIE. Of course when I spend two weeks without checking the website for our movie theater, that's the time they finally advertise for the movie. And naturally, when I funally go there I find out that the last showing just ended. I could have seen Twilight for my birthday! Oh f... This is worse than crap on a wall! :evil:

Talking of which... There was this one little dude running around just a quarter ago. And then something fell off the hem of his pants.. :o Well, at least nobody plaeyd with it! IT was pretty easy to pick up and all I had to wash for five minutes was his legs and hands... Then to my suprise the little dude (yes, it was doublepoo-pup) ran to bed and said he wants his good night kiss. And he really did fall asleep in a minute. A weird but happy suprise. =) Nice change to have him do something today with such lovely attitude. It's so appropriate to call him a pup.. He's been marking his territory all day...again! He just hates the potty... :roll:
Last edited by CappuGirl on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

yeah i feel better, but then again, so was i on monday. I still think its the flu thats going around, trying to get through my shields.

I like nice guys....as friends, guys have to have a lill mystery about them. We have a saying here ''big guys, with little hearts''. Stupid really, because it means they have a-big- heart underneath it all.
Anyway, ive dated a nice guy, for over 5 years, but i missed something. And i finally knew what that was when i met my beloved. I missed mystery and passion. Well..since my guy's a real ''leo'', hes all that and more. And ofcourse it was superweird he was interested in lill shy me, with all those girls hanging around him. I now understand that, although i loved my ex, we should have been just friends, and nothing more. We were real close, but more as best friends then lovers i guess. Me and my beloved are way closer, in every way. He even reads my mind, seriously. Its like you're really connected. Anyway, i couldnt date a nice guy, at least not one who is only nice. Nice is a lill....boring. Dont get me wrong, i wouldnt want a guy that flirts around and cheat on me, but a guy has to have some mystery about him, and welll....a lot of ''bad'' guys have a really big heart behind it. (like all my best friends had, they were well known in town, but they were really kind persons if you got to know them.)
If a guy is just being nice...then it doens t really make him interesting, he doesnt sweep you of your feet, he doesnt dazzle you. A lot of nice guys who pretend to be bad guys on the outside, CAN dazzle you.
Like for instance, when he kisses you hand the first day you meet, or lays his hand on your lowerback to help you through a door(and ofcourse holdong the door for you), thats just.....awesome :mrgreen: Thats not behaviour all ''nice'' guys have(they are too much into being your buddy), and it puts something mysterious around such a guy, he becomes interesting because of it.
Oh well, thats just my lill rant. I guess im not seriously into bad or nice guys......im into mysterious gentlemanlike guys ... :mrgreen:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

CantBreathe/Cam: my bf is a catch! ;) I'll try to hold on to him (even my grandmother told me to do that)!

I would say me bf fits in the nice but confident guy box. Which is exactely what made me fall for him. I probably need a nice, patient guy but not someone who tolerates whatever crap I come up with. He's patient and tolerant (eg when it's the time of month to get all cranky and I lash out at him he just laughs and says "oh, right, THAT time of month. In a few days you'll be your sweet and nice self again" and accepts it. All in all he is the right mixture so it doesn't get boring. And he's really sweet (just talked to him!).
Bad guys have their appeal, I don't demy that but they are not made for the long run (at least not for me).

Cam: sorry you lost your job! *hugs* I'm glad you're feeling better now! I won't ask what happened because I assume you already posted it. I'll catch up during the weekend. What kind of job are you looking for now?

CantBreathe: You don't scare anyone away! You just live in a different time zone... :( I feel the same when I go online before lunch time. Today there was just one other person loggd in! :shock:

Jasmine: get better soon. Everyone here seems to have the flu too (came back to the office yesterday and two of my colleagues were there although they are both ill....). I finished the first book of the BDB on Tuesday (on the plane). Now I'll have to see whether I can buy the other ones in abookstore here. If not I'll probably order them.

CappuGirl: another poo story! Poor you! Alice hair! Yay! 8-)

Dakota Fanning rumor: I think she could do it. She's the right age (for now - but we alread know that's a problem that's difficult to be solved and I dare say a younger actress might age more noticable in a way...?) and could pull of the angelic face. Don't know about the dark side since I only saw her in War of the Worlds. I heard that she didn't even audition but was simply offered the part!
This rumor is way better than the Leah/Vanessa Hudgens one. Out of the two I'll take Dakota! ;)

And I go with Cam, HP is a must-read!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter