Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I don't think they could cut the Birthday Party scene as that is the catalyst for making Edward's decision to leave. I have a feeling they are going to condense the time that Bella spends with Jake-maybe enough to convey their growing friendship and his falling for her, but concentrate more on the events with Alice, the trip to Italy, and I wonder if they will show the ending when she goes to the Cullens to have them vote on her becoming one of them....

*sighs* is it November yet? ;)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

I'm worried that they won't do the woods scene justice when Edward leaves Bella.
I mean look how they butchered the meadow scene in Twilight.
Both scenes are really unforgettable in the books and crucial to the story.
I do worry that they'll try to rush the birthday scene and make it all hasty.
Image Image
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I don't want them to cut out certain scenes. Like, I just hope that they don't cut out any of the good scenes...
Espically the ones in the middle of the book. With Jacob. Like the motorcycles or the Meadow and Laurent or when Jake and Paul get in the fight pr the cliff diving. And espically anything that has to do with Alice coming back, Italy or the Volturi.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I am worried about them adding more Edward through the movie than what is actually in the book just so Rob has more screen time. We need to feel like he's gone.

I also hope the werewolves aren't ickey like in HP. I hope they have better special effects just for this reason!

I'm not too worried about the sparkly effect because in NM we don't see him sparkle again right? Bella stops him before he can. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I hope they really show the pain that Bella is in when he leaves and the shock! (I really hope Kristen can pull it off. There were a few times in Twilight I didn't think she reacted at all where she should. Like the when Edward first tells her he's been watching her sleep. And Mikes comment about not liking them dating b/c Edward looks at her like she's something to eat.)

And then basically from when Alice shows up to the end they had better do right! I love that part of the book & am really hoping they don't cut too much out of this section. It's all important & great.

That's all I can think of for now.............
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I actually thought that the special effects they have in HP are really good... :(

It kind of worries me how they have only a 7 month time span to complete the movie. I mean they don't even start filming until March!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Emmett+Me=Magic!!!
Settled in Forks

Post by Emmett+Me=Magic!!! »

I thought the Twilight movie was awesome and I am concerned about the new director's point of view. The way I see it this movie is goin' to be awesome or it will go down the drain.
rebecookie
Settled in Forks

Post by rebecookie »

wait? in fandango.com they have a page that says all the up coming movies. and it said new moon will be out in november 09! :|
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I think Fandango is wrong, its Nov. 20.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ScreamingFanGirl
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by ScreamingFanGirl »

pennybug84 wrote:I am worried about them adding more Edward through the movie than what is actually in the book just so Rob has more screen time. We need to feel like he's gone.

I also hope the werewolves aren't ickey like in HP. I hope they have better special effects just for this reason!

I'm not too worried about the sparkly effect because in NM we don't see him sparkle again right? Bella stops him before he can. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I hope they really show the pain that Bella is in when he leaves and the shock! (I really hope Kristen can pull it off. There were a few times in Twilight I didn't think she reacted at all where she should. Like the when Edward first tells her he's been watching her sleep. And Mikes comment about not liking them dating b/c Edward looks at her like she's something to eat.)

And then basically from when Alice shows up to the end they had better do right! I love that part of the book & am really hoping they don't cut too much out of this section. It's all important & great.

That's all I can think of for now.............
Yeah, I REALLY hope they leave edward out of it for most of it.
sadly I've read a few places that they're planning to do just the opposite.
RPattz doesn't need anymore screen time
he already doesn't like the publicity
Taylor absolutely loves it
he deserves it more.
and its going to kill the whole point of the movie.
if we know what edwards thinking, then it will ruin the effect
it should be how edward wanted it, like he never existed.
myabe thats just my take on it.
but yes
Skank Pack:Tay's Left Thigh/Tongue | Dork Squad | I'm on The List
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

The scene where he's describing the meteor that is Bella would be pointless if we already knew he was dieing inside from being away from her. That scene must be swoon-worthy. If the movie has already shown him curled up in a ball, then all that night back in Forks will achieve is making Bella look like an idiot.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|