Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by CappuGirl »

Blah, I just read three or four pages and don't remember much.. Should have taken notes or something..

I'm all 100% for Dakota being Jane. She'd be great. Especially when I think how she was in Uptown girls. She'd make a good Jane. :D She can look pretty lively and all when needed, but in Uptown girls she was this depressed little girl that felt unloved and unwanted; and it made her look like I'd picture Jane.. *whistle* And her skin is so white she already looks like a vamp.. That older lady really was too old.. I think Dakota is about 14 or 15 now and I think she has the body and talent to be Jane. And she hasn't changed much even if she has grown a bit. If it has to be someone else, that girl Senor Gimp mentioned, might be good too. :D

And someone asked if the 12yo sister was really rooting... yes she was...

God these early-teens nowdays.. My niece just about made me cry. She wants to grow up too fast... Gives in to pier pressure too easy and does stuff... Ugh.. makes me wanna scream.. I wanna protect her from all that stuff but don't want to alienate her from me so I try to find ways to talk with her about this stuff so she'd have one save adult to spill her guts to and ask questions.. who cares if it makes me cry inside; as long as I can help her somehow.. Um.. sorry, this was pretty vague.. don't wanna tell too much about her but needed to vent...

The kids were pretty nuts today. The house sure looks like that! :lol: Have to clean a lot this weekend.. like any other weekend.. it clean, clean, clean all the time with these kids.. *whistle* And I'm a lazy cleaner.. But that's parenthood for ya! Just remember the good moments... They're rare but they're there. =) Like doublepoo climping on top of me when I was lying on the sofa watching Brothers Grimm. He fell asleep there, using my right boob as a pillow! :lol: It always feels very heart warming when a child falls asleep in my lap. <3 All my nursing-instincts kick in full power and my chest feels like my heart is gonna burst. =)

I love walking these days. I've now walked three nights this week. I think the total is about 20km this week. Pretty good for a first week. Next week I'll walk even more. I'm really enjoying it now. Can't remember the last time that happened! =) And it's really taking away my blues. It's really hard to stay grumpy when you have "runner's high"! =) And the fresh air helps too. I'm kinda amazed that I'm not having any muscle pains or that my lungs don't sting when I walk very fast.. So it seems my body not only needs this, but also wants it so bad it doesn't want to argue. ;D

I was just talking with my friend A.. I'll go visit her some day really soon and she'll cut my hair even more. My hair looks kinda unfinished now. I just sent her a picture of Alice. :D Honestly I was thinking about something like that before I even saw any pictures of Alice, I swear! =) But of course it's not a bad thing to have Alice hair. I'm adding my own little twist to it. I'll dye it with the darkest brown I can find (black is a bit too dark for me, don't want it to suck all the light and look dead.) and a few flashy-red highlights. =) Can't wait! *hops up and down*
And as long as I'm already writing about looks.. Gowd, how shallow I must seem right now.. I've never been into makeup. On my teens some people asked me about it, but I told them I don't want to spend too much time infront of a mirror. If I can't find a guy that likes me for who I am, I'll be alone then.. That's what I told them.. I've always been very lazy about my looks. I don't even know how to do my hair. It's always just open or on a ponytail. I love to have a perm, it's so easy to look good then. =) But I'm rambling now.. So I meant to say that in the past year, I've been paying a bit more attention to my face. Skin actually.. It's gone a bit dry now and I've got couperosa.. so I've been kinda experimenting with makeup but I still think it's not for me and feel like an idiot trying to put some on.. So I just ended up to put on some creamy-stuff that gives a bit color covers the couperosa. I think the english term for it would be foundation.. A few times when I've gone out for a party, I've tried to put on more but eye makeup is really hard! makes me wanna stop in the middle and wash up.. So the point to this little ramble.. I was shopping with hubs today and happened to come across some make-up... I bought a new mascara and a liquid eyeliner. I've been thinking if a liquid one would be easier to put on. Anyone got any experience? Jeez, last time I tried to use an eyeliner-pen it felt like I was using a blunt scalpel to cut of my own eyelids! I don't get it how some people can make eyes look so beautiful.... *whistle* I'm really not born to be a girly girl...
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Cappu- me and you will be cleaning together lol...I just did all the wash today only after my husband gave a big dramatic sigh yesterday when he went to get a towel for his shower...ok sorry you may work 2 jobs, but I'm in school full time, have 3 kids 4 and under and cook, and clean...grrr....

But you're right nothing is as alluring as a SLEEPING child lol...makes my heart strings hum :)

Right now I'm avoiding my draft thats due Sun. and everything else...Ive gotten into a banner making mode, so I am randomly making them for people I see that don't have one on the lex and 'gifting' them lol poor souls!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

you could gift me one if you want.
I could use it..
Maybe a Jasper one, or else Jacob, whatever you can come up with that you think would fit me.
Or you could do your homework, I'd probably encourage that first.
But if you really wanted to make me one, I wouldn't mind at all!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Cappu, it definately takes practice to get liquid liner down, I'd been using pencil for years and still had to learn how to do liquid. 8-) Did you get a pen one, or one that's more like a paintbrush? (If it's a pen you need to pump it a couple of times on the back of your hand to get it going.) One method is to kind of draw little broken lines across, then join them together, instead of one long line. Just keeping your arm steady really helps, lean with the elbow. And keep practicing, one day it'll click and be easy :D (Oh, and cotton buds in a little makeup remover to fix the wobbly bits really helps :mrgreen: Also, be careful when you blink till it's dry, ask me how I know :D :lol:
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

SenorGimp wrote:you could gift me one if you want.
I could use it..
Maybe a Jasper one, or else Jacob, whatever you can come up with that you think would fit me.
Or you could do your homework, I'd probably encourage that first.
But if you really wanted to make me one, I wouldn't mind at all!

K, I'm game! :)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

right on. thanks!
oh, and it looks as if we'll probably need a new thread by the time the day is done!
anyone want to request one?
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Hey Everybody!

Senor, you’re right. I was worrying about this too. How do we ask for another thread? Can we do that? How long does it take for the moderators open a new one? Don’t want to miss everybody!?!?!

MRK – I would love a banner too! Something colorful, with no actor’s pictures… just sentences or words… and maybe slimmer but wider. I hope I'm not being too picky… I can PM you some of my signatures if you like. Just say the word.

*hugs*
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Paulinha- I know what you mean about certain words together... they're just beautiful like. I love Donnie Darko, one of my favorite movies :D I know what you mean about SM. She can be a bit predictable at times, but still doesn't stop us from reading AND loving her stories, does it? I don't want to say too much but I was quite pleased with the end of The Host... except for the fact that it ended of course :lol: I couldn't definitely go for a sequel.

Senor- I know I PMed you back to tell you to keep me updated so don't forget me! I'm excited to read the conclusion of your little story ;)

Anna Mae- I agree with the publicity BS also. I think those were the same motivations for the Taylor Lautner returning for New Moon or not drama. I feel like rumors are thrown out there just to keep everyone thinking and talking about the movies. Is it Summit themselves? I dunno, but I don't bother getting worked up over anything until I hear an official statement from someone official :roll:

MRK- I hate to further dissuade you from getting your work done, but I am so glad you decided to procrastinate and make me a new banner instead ;) You are like Superwoman!! Or perhaps just a vamp who never needs to sleep...?

Cappu- Anna Mae pretty much said it all about the eyeliner. I prefer the paintbrush style myself, but with a bit of a stiffer brush to provide more control. I normally don't have a very steady hand but somehow manage to pull off the liquid eyeliner. I like it better than pencil- I think it generally looks nicer and lasts longer, but yes do let it dry before you go blinking.

Someone just needs to PM a mod to let them know we need a new thread, but I think we can wait till we're at least on 99 if not 100 to let them know. I think they are pretty quick at these things? Anyway, TGIF everyone!!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Uhh. Parents are so frustrating. My mom calls me tonight and is all over me about going out and doing something. She's worried about me just working and sleeping, she thinks I don't do much and am turning into a recluse.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

Oh god, I just wrote a whole reply then closed the browser without posting. Now I have to write it all again. :cry:

I think I'll paraphrase. MRK, I'd love a banner. I have no idea how to make them. I also might ask you to make me an avi at some point if you do those, I've just been too lazy so far to worry about it. I'm an Edward fan, and also an enormous Jasper fan, so anything with either of them would be cool. Thanks!

Dakota Fanning - I think she'll be good. I always pictured Jane as blond for some reason, and Alec a bit darker. No idea why, it says clearly Jane has brown hair. :) But if I think of New Moon with the scene in the square, where Jane shows up and everyone just gives up and goes along with her, and Bella can't understand why because she's so sweet looking. I think it'd be perfect. I can imagine Dakota appearing out of the shadows looking all innocent, and everyone surrendering. Just looks right in my head. But the publicity stuff sounds right. Bleuh.

Oh, and I don't know anything about makeup either Cappu. I've got three brothers, and my mum was not girly. So I'm useless. I'm thinking of going and getting it done at the departments stores here where they tell you what colours you should wear, and how to apply it and stuff. I'd love to be able to do it well.

My news - I finally sent off my paperwork to get my US visa going, and sign up with this company that help me find work, accomodation etc. Yay! And I know when I'm leaving now. My brother's fiance is coming to Australia for two weeks at the end of February, so I'll be heading back about when she does. So latest March 20th. Yay! See you soon Sam, I'm so excited to meet you. :) Oh, I also applied for a Canadian working holiday visa. Just in case I feel compelled to go there sometime during the year. :) Everyone was asking me why, and I was like, I dunno I just have always wanted to go to Canada. :)

Oh, and the sweetest thing happened yesterday. I have cousins in Melbourne (opposite side of Australia to me) that I visited last year when I broke up with my boyfriend, and they have children of their own. And on of their daughters, whose nine wrote me a letter saying how much she misses me, and telling me what she got for Christmas and asking if I'll go back and visit them. :) It was so lovely. So now I have a real live penpal. I can't remember the last time I wrote or recieved a letter that wasn't business related. :)

Hey Cas, don't fret. Parents are just like that. My mum used to worry because I had a slight binge eating prbolem and put on wuite a lot of weight, and she was always watching what I ate, and it was endless. Then I started going to the gym, eating healthier and lost all of the weight, and now she endlessly worries that I'm too thin, and not eating enough, and exercising too much. :) And I'm nearly 29 years old. It never ends. If you were going out all the time and living it up, she'd be worrying that you weren't sleeping enough, or concentrating on your work enough. I think it's like inbuilt. :lol:
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.