Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Nikki Reed did an amazing job for this Rosalie Hale character..She pulled this off really! You know, the cold-shoulder-over-Bella-thing, great great!!

Nikki Reed forever! :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
MelBelle22
Settled in Forks

Post by MelBelle22 »

Because I watched Twilight before I read any of the books (which soon changed...I devoured all four of them in less than 8 days!!) I had a different way of thinking about the way the characters were cast in the film. When I saw the movie, obviously, I really had no expectations. But that soon changed. I soon realized that the only character I had any real "problem" with was Nikki Reed being cast as Rosalie. When I started to read the books and get more into Rosalie's character, I just kept getting these conflicting images in my head between the Rosalie in my mind and the Rosalie I'd seen on the silver screen. I understand that Catherine Hardwicke (spelling?) worked with Nikki on the movie "Thirteen" and obviously had a good relationship with her to choose her for the part. What I didn't like was that she has very dark skin and is not a natural blonde...so they had to put so much makeup on her to make her look pale and the dye job they did was hoooorrriiiibleeee. I guess from the books I got this image of a supermodel, drop dead, blonde bombshell vixen.
On the other hand, Nikki is a PHENOMENAL actress! She absolutely NAILED the part of Rosalie when it came to the acting, emotions, and expressions. Awweeeesoome job! She and Kellan had GREAT chemistry on set together. She also has some serious curves which make her sexy, just like Rosalie should be! And Nikki is very beautiful - just maybe not in the way I pictured Rosalie. But when you think about it...I don't know if anyone could have found a girl who would compare to Rosalie, considering she is the most beautiful woman/vampire to walk the earth. Those are some pretty HUGE shoes to fill!
I honestly think...that if they do a better dye job on her hair for the next movies...I will be a happy camper =] Haha I think that is pretty much the only thing that really bugs me is that you can see atleast an inch of her dark roots!!
Way to go, Nikki, you rock!
"For it was not into my ear you whispered,
but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed,
but my soul." -Judy Garland-
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

MelBelle22 wrote:What I didn't like was that she has very dark skin and is not a natural blonde...so they had to put so much makeup on her to make her look pale and the dye job they did was hoooorrriiiibleeee. I guess from the books I got this image of a supermodel, drop dead, blonde bombshell vixen.She also has some serious curves which make her sexy, just like Rosalie should be! And Nikki is very beautiful - just maybe not in the way I pictured Rosalie. But when you think about it...I don't know if anyone could have found a girl who would compare to Rosalie, considering she is the most beautiful woman/vampire to walk the earth. Those are some pretty HUGE shoes to fill!
I honestly think...that if they do a better dye job on her hair for the next movies...I will be a happy camper =] Haha I think that is pretty much the only thing that really bugs me is that you can see atleast an inch of her dark roots!!
Way to go, Nikki, you rock!
I know what you mean. My friend showed me a picture of her and I was all "that cannot be her!" She looks so different with her tan skin and brown hair, I almost couldn't recognize her as the girl from Thirteen. >_< I really hope they try to make her look more natural in New Moon...if that's possible, haha. But I do agree with the curves part...I couldn't stop staring when she was wearing that baseball outfit. -melt- haa
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
TeamEdward1628
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamEdward1628 »

I totally noticed her curves in the baseball outfit. I just pictured Rosalie to be a little more blonde! Her make up was almost too pale. I hope in New Moon they make her look more natural.
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

I just saw the movie again tonight, and I was finally (after five times) able to look past Edward, Jasper, and Carlisle to see the vampires of the feminine persuasion.

I've never felt that Rosalie was cast correctly.When I was imagining Rosalie from the books I pictured some tall, waif-ish supermodel type that treated every walk like a cat walk.

But then I got to thinking. Rosalie comes from a different era whose opinions on beauty differ enitrely from our current ideas. Rosalie, and Nikki Reed, are classic beauties. Like a Marilyn Monroe or an Audrey Hepburn. They have grace, curves, and flaws. I am in NO WAY saying that Nikki Reed can come close to these women in beauty or in poise, but every once in a while you can see the shadow of their existence in Nikki.

It's taken almost half a dozen times to see it, but maybe they weren't completely off the mark when they picked Nikki.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
edwardlikeshaystacks

slightlyobsessed wrote:I just saw the movie again tonight, and I was finally (after five times) able to look past Edward, Jasper, and Carlisle to see the vampires of the feminine persuasion.

I've never felt that Rosalie was cast correctly.When I was imagining Rosalie from the books I pictured some tall, waif-ish supermodel type that treated every walk like a cat walk.

But then I got to thinking. Rosalie comes from a different era whose opinions on beauty differ enitrely from our current ideas. Rosalie, and Nikki Reed, are classic beauties. Like a Marilyn Monroe or an Audrey Hepburn. They have grace, curves, and flaws. I am in NO WAY saying that Nikki Reed can come close to these women in beauty or in poise, but every once in a while you can see the shadow of their existence in Nikki.

It's taken almost half a dozen times to see it, but maybe they weren't completely off the mark when they picked Nikki.
It was because that beauty mark on her face, isn't it? Yes, sometimes I forget that she isn't supposed to be a sun tanned beach blonde with a barbie like body. I'm kinda glad that they chose someone with THOSE kind of curves. :) hehe
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^Loving this argument! :) She's definitely not what I pictured, but she's still so so so beautiful!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
edwardlikeshaystacks

This is one of the girls that they considered to play Rosalie:
http://i29.tinypic.com/20p3l7o.jpg
I mean she is stunning, but I don't see the "evil look" that Nikki is able to convey. What do you guys think?
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Another thing - I feel like if they really did cast someone who was stick thin and beautiful and all these things, we would hate her because of that... not because she's kinda standoffish during the first two books, ya know? Bella never hated Rose because of her looks. Sure, she was insecure about the situation, but she was never mad. So I think it's good that they went outside of the box with Nikki.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
rosalierox
Settled in Forks

Post by rosalierox »

I really think she did awesome. she acted exactly how i would think rosalie would act. after they gave the makeover she looked about how i imagined
morgan-fanpire 4 life