Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by 4everklutzy »

I think that Dakota Fanning could be a good Jane--she has the acting chops and I could see her as Jane, maybe. It would be nice to go with someone less known. Someone suggested Frank Langella, Peter Cushing and I think it was Alan Rickman as the Volturi--all very good choices. I was watching Death Race with my husband and, how about Terrance Stamp? He was also a villain in one of the Superman movies. Just a suggestion.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

lilmisstrouble wrote:I am Team Dakota as Jane. Please don't throw rocks at me. :oops:
I'm with you. I really didn't like Jane in the first place. Her character irked me the whole time I was reading. I know that if she was real, she'll be one of the little girls I would want to slap in the face. LOL. :lol:

I found this article. Looks like Dakota Fanning is (most likely) Jane. Sorry everyone who didn't want her to play Jane. http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... -deal.aspx

I said it before and I'll say it again. Maybe the reason why Summit "offered" her the role is because she's a summit actresses. She's in the movie Push, which is from Summit! Therefore, she's not that expensive. And it's almost close to shooting NM. They need to find someone already.

Jodelle is good too. I actually wouldn't mind either one. They're both (Jodelle and Dakota) 14 years old anyways.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
bunnykisses
Settled in Forks

Post by bunnykisses »

^^^
Wow I'm so excited! Dakotas perfect. She's so pretty in push!
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

GRRR, is anyone angry that Dakota fanning got the part for jane!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (still in talks, but still.)
I swear New Moon is going to be the worse movie ever!!
All it is, well the reason they got Dakota is a publicity stunt, to make the movie sell (more) with Dakota fanning's name on it, to replace Robert Pattinson.
Dakota is ridiculously over populated :!: :!:
They should stick with new faces!
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

DumBumm wrote:GRRR, is anyone angry that Dakota fanning got the part for jane!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (still in talks, but still.)
I swear New Moon is going to be the worse movie ever!!
All it is, well the reason they got Dakota is a publicity stunt, to make the movie sell (more) with Dakota fanning's name on it, to replace Robert Pattinson.
Dakota is ridiculously over populated :!: :!:
They should stick with new faces!
As far as Dakota Fanning goes....I do not agree with any of that. Remember people, it is a BIT part, a cameo. I bet you a trillion dollars they won't even show her face in the trailer. Think Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder. No one even knew he was in the movie until the movie was seen.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

I'm absolutely THRILLED that Dakota Fanning might play Jane.
For the first time, the person I had cast in my head whiel I was reading New Moon and Eclipse is being considered. She's a great actress...
"and the boy loved the tree"
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

Yeah, I also pictured Dakota as Jane when I read the book or shortly after. But I mean, it's such a small part, who cares?

Let's worry about more pressing matters: Rob Pattinson chopping his pretty locks off just before filming begins. Hmmm... What are they going to do? Phony wig or hair extensions? lol
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

lilmisstrouble wrote:Yeah, I also pictured Dakota as Jane when I read the book or shortly after. But I mean, it's such a small part, who cares?

Let's worry about more pressing matters: Rob Pattinson chopping his pretty locks off just before filming begins. Hmmm... What are they going to do? Phony wig or hair extensions? lol
I know, why did he do that! First of all the hair was so sexy and so Rob and for the second, what will they do with his hair for the movie...
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

lilmisstrouble wrote:Yeah, I also pictured Dakota as Jane when I read the book or shortly after. But I mean, it's such a small part, who cares?

I am sure his hair will be grown back out in enough time for the movie. He probably got tired of all of his hair flying all over the place. I remember him saying in a interview that he doesn't have the best hygiene in the world and sometimes went days(I think) without washing his hair. Eww!!

Sorry, but a 'greasy' Edward/Rob is NOT appealing to me.

No opinion on the whole Dakota as Jane thing - yet.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

Dakota Fanning also brings a little credibility to the movie (I think that was said). Some of the people that have been talked about playing Aro or other members of the Volturi (as well as the pack), have been long shots. It would be cool if they did, but they probably wouldn't take a small role like that. Well, if Dakota will take a tiny roll in the Twilight movies, then others might jump on too. I am not talking about other A-listers, but maybe some newer actors who weren't sure about Twilight. Does that make sense? :) Not only that, but the more big names they get in the movies, the more money they WILL have for the following movies. Bigger names bring bigger money. GOOD!!!! That is what this franchise needs. I always use Harry Potter as my example, but look how much better the movies look now, as compared to The Sorcerers Stone. If the credibility goes up, the higher quality they will become. Maybe someone "big" will put their foot down about Melissa Rosenberg. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: