Funniest Twilight Saga Moments

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Funniest Twilight Saga Moments

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

FanMNM, that reminds me....

who_needs_fangs, a moment I remember finding really funny at not such a funny time, or "random hilarity" as you put it...was when Alice suggested Edward slap her in Italy :lol: I don't know why, it was a really tense scene, but I almost lost it the second time I read that, haha
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

ok, i already posted a couple pages back, but i have a couple more moments to add:

(some of them I don't remember word for word; i don't have the book in front of me)

1) " 'Bout time somebody scored around here!" -Emmett

2) "You should have seen the look on Charlie's face when I started undressing in front of him!" -Jacob

3) I heard the sound of resistant metal being bent out of shape (something like that) ...Rosalie brought out the metal bowl, but the sides had been folded down so that it resembled a dog bowl. Ha ha. And, I got to hand it to her, she really paid attention to detail - in the side of the bowl, the name Fido was scratched.
-Jacob's POV

4) "See, now that's not so bad, is it?" Oh, no. I was talking to inanimate objects. I figured I really should get out of the house now, before the inanimate objects started talking back. -Bella

:lol: It's just such a funny series! SM has a great sense of humor!
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
~*teamswitzerland*~

oh yeah, and I already kind of posted this moment, but this definitely is my favourite random-moment-of-hilarity-in-the-middle-of-all-the-tension scene:

The Volturi have just made their decision to leave the Cullens and Renesmee alone, and they have all left now. It is all tense, and at this point, we expect everyone to start bursting out cheering and embracing, but this is the first thing that happens:

(Vladmir or Stefan, I forget which one): Of all the rotten luck!

and then later...

(Bella talks about how everyone starts making out with their mate and hugging everyone and celebrating, and then this: )
I looked over at the Romanian vampires. Vladmir scowled, and Stefan spit on the ground.

Vladmir and Stefan are hilarious!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:FanMNM, that reminds me....

who_needs_fangs, a moment I remember finding really funny at not such a funny time, or "random hilarity" as you put it...was when Alice suggested Edward slap her in Italy :lol: I don't know why, it was a really tense scene, but I almost lost it the second time I read that, haha

The first time I was reading the book I was like "What?? How could Alice suggest he slap Bella???" I was too tense and couldn't see the comedic relief in the moment...I got it on the next read through though...it was pretty funny :)

I also liked the part where Rosalie makes the dog dish for Jacob. I really liked the reluctant friendship you could see growing between Edward and Jacob in the scene where Jacob throws the dish and hits Rose in the head :)

Thank you Naureen!!
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

~*teamswitzerland*~ wrote:oh yeah, and I already kind of posted this moment, but this definitely is my favourite random-moment-of-hilarity-in-the-middle-of-all-the-tension scene:

The Volturi have just made their decision to leave the Cullens and Renesmee alone, and they have all left now. It is all tense, and at this point, we expect everyone to start bursting out cheering and embracing, but this is the first thing that happens:

(Vladmir or Stefan, I forget which one): Of all the rotten luck!

and then later...

(Bella talks about how everyone starts making out with their mate and hugging everyone and celebrating, and then this: )
I looked over at the Romanian vampires. Vladmir scowled, and Stefan spit on the ground.

Vladmir and Stefan are hilarious!
A very good one :lol:
fanMNM wrote:I also liked the part where Rosalie makes the dog dish for Jacob. I really liked the reluctant friendship you could see growing between Edward and Jacob in the scene where Jacob throws the dish and hits Rose in the head :)
I loved that too. Edward and Jake's views of each other changed so much during BD
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Sorry to be adding even more...lol...but I was just rereading some of Twilight and I came across the scene at the very end of Chapter 18...when Edward asks Alice if Jasper can handle taking Bella on the run from James. When he asks Alice if she can handle it, "graceful little Alice pulled back her lips in a horrific grimace and let loose with a guttural snarl that had me cowering against the seat in terror."

That was another randomly hilarious moment that helped break up a really tense scene!

~Michelle

Thank you Naureen!!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

*deep breath*
brace yourself :]

Embry and Jared in NM betting on Paul and Jacob. And when Embry says, "I'll bet she's tougher than that. She runs with vampires."

When Bella beats Emmett at arm wrestling in BD.

"Stupid, shiny volvo owner" in Twilight. Man, that was gold. :]

Eclipse when Bella punches Jacob.

Alice's constant impulses to give Bella makeovers. :]

All of Jacob's smart-butt comments and remarks. "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" is one of my faves.

In Eclipse when Bella is "translating" what Alice said: "Don't try to pull anything funny jus because Edward's gone"

In Eclipse when Alice is first kidnapping Bella.

In BD Leah and Jake are just funny in general. :]

Jake's blonde jokes. LMAO. :]

Alice in NM: "How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto" and "I think she's having hystarics. Maybe you should slap her."

Emmett in Eclipse: "I'm so happy Edward didn't kill you. Everything is so much more fun with you around"

Bella in NM: "Bite me!" ROFL. :D

Emmett's sex jokes in BD

Emmett at Bella's b-day when he installs the stereo.

Bella and Edward in BD: "Why am I covered in feathers?" "I bit a pillow or two."

Bella and Edward in BD; the whole headboard thing. :]

I thought it was hilarious when Bella killed her first mountain lion.

When Bella freaks out in Twilight because she finds out Edward listens to what she said in her sleep.

In NM when they get to the airport and Esme is like, "Don't you ever scare me like that again!" and Edward's like, "Yes, Mom."

In Twilight when Edward says "Do you honestly think I could walk outside on a sunny day without causing traffic accidents?"

Bella and Edward in Twilight:
"Do you want me to bolt the doors so you can massacre the unsuspecting townsfolk?"
"And where do you fit into the scheme?"
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course."
"Anything to get out of dancing."
"Anythig."

Jacob and Bella figuring each other's age in NM.

Jacob, Bella, and Mike at the movie theater in NM. :]

Bella in New Moon: "Carlisle sews faster than any other doctor I've had."

When Edward "Goes into shock" in BD when he finds out Bella is pregnant. LMAO. :D Hilarious.

Bella in NM: "When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie's tree?"

In Eclipse when Alice and Bella are pretty much asking Charlie if Bella can stay over at the Cullens' and Alice keeps stomping on Bella's foot. And Alice just seems to act so overdramatic.

And that's "all" I can think of at the top of my head, but trust me, if given the time I can think of much, much more. :]

EDIT: I've thought of more

Edward and Bella in Eclipse: "Would you please stop trying to take your clothes off?" "Do you want to do that part?"

In BD when Rosalie makes a doggie dish for Jacob.

Edward in Twilight: "The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."

Edward in Twilight: "Breakfast time for the human."

Bella in Twilight: "Well it's no irritable grizzley..."

In NM when Jake throws the can-opener at...I think it was either Paul or Jared.

In Eclipse when Bella and Edward are passing notes about the plane. I die laughing every time. :lol:

Bella in BD: "You nick-named my daughter after the Loch-Ness monster??!"

Alice in Twilight: "Oh, you do smell good."

In Twilight when Edward knocks Bella onto the couch.

The whole Emmett-and-Rosalie-smashing-houses thing. ;]

Alice in Twilight: "It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share."

Bella in NM: "I did drown! Crap, crap, crap! This is gonna kill Charlie."

Edward in NM: "You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a joke."

The Romanians right after the "battle" ends in BD. I forgot exactly what they said, but I remember it was funny. :P
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

maybeshescrazy wrote:I love how after that bit, when Edward arrives, even Charlie gets nervous.

It had gone quiet in the front room, and I wondered when Jacob would bolt. I smiled a grim smile,
imagining his discomfort.
“What happened?” Edward demanded, his voice going flat.
“I punched Jacob,” I admitted.
“Good,” Edward said bleakly. “Though I’m sorry you’re hurt.”
I laughed once, because he sounded as pleased as Charlie had.
“I wish I’d hurthim. ” I sighed in frustration. “I didn’t do any damage at all.”
“I can fix that,” he offered.
“I was hoping you would say that.”
There was a slight pause. “That doesn’t sound like you,” he said, wary now. “What did hedo ?”
“He kissed me,” I growled.
All I heard on the other end of the line was the sound of an engine accelerating.
In the other room, Charlie spoke again. “Maybe you ought to take off, Jake,” he suggested.
“I think I’ll hang out here, if you don’t mind.”
“Your funeral,” Charlie muttered.
“Is the dog still there?” Edward finally spoke again.
“Yes.”
“I’m around the corner,” he said darkly, and the line disconnected.
As I hung up the phone, smiling, I heard the sound of his car racing down the street. The brakes
protested loudly as he slammed to a stop out front. I went to get the door.
“How’s your hand?” Charlie asked as I walked by. Charlie looked uncomfortable. Jacob lolled next to
him on the sofa, perfectly at ease.
I lifted the ice pack to show it off. “It’s swelling.”
“Maybe you should pick on people your own size,” Charlie suggested.
“Maybe,” I agreed. I walked on to open the door. Edward was waiting.
He kissed my hand softly. “I’ll take care of it,” he promised. And then he called, “Jacob,” his voice still
quiet and even.
“Now, now,” Charlie cautioned.
I heard Charlie heave himself off of the sofa. Jacob got to the hall first, and much more quietly, but
Charlie was not far behind him. Jacob’s expression was alert and eager.
“I don’t want any fighting, do you understand?” Charlie looked only at Edward when he spoke. “I can
go put my badge on if that makes my request more official.”
“That won’t be necessary,” Edward said in a restrained tone.
“Why don’t you arrest me, Dad?” I suggested. “I’m the one throwing punches.”
Charlie raised an eyebrow. “Do you want to press charges, Jake?”
“No.” Jacob grinned, incorrigible. “I’ll take the trade any day.”
Edward grimaced.
“Dad, don’t you have a baseball bat somewhere in your room? I want to borrow it for a minute.”
Charlie looked at me evenly. “Enough, Bella.”
“Let’s go have Carlisle look at your hand before you wind up in a jail cell,” Edward said. He put his arm
around me and pulled me toward the door.
“Fine,” I said, leaning against him. I wasn’t so angry anymore, now that Edward was with me. I felt
comforted, and my hand didn’t bother me as much.
We were walking down the sidewalk when I heard Charlie whispering anxiously behind me.
“What are you doing? Are you crazy?”
“Give me a minute, Charlie,” Jacob answered. “Don’t worry, I’ll be right back.”
I looked back and Jacob was following us, stopping to close the door in Charlie’s surprised and uneasy
face.
Edward ignored him at first, leading me to the car. He helped me inside, shut the door, and then turned
to face Jacob on the sidewalk.
I leaned anxiously through the open window. Charlie was visible in the house, peeking through the
drapes in the front room.

Ahahahaaaaaaa :lol:
love it. :] I think this is the funniest bit in the whole series.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I'm almost positive this has been mentioned before, but I just reread (again!) and laughed!

In Eclipse, right after Jacob confronts Edward and Bella at school, E & B are passing the note back and forth about what happened with Victoria. They then start going on about the plane crashing because of Bella's bad luck....the interchange between them just cracks me up! :lol: :lol:
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
~*teamswitzerland*~

HAHA YES! I love the plane crash scenarios, and the whole Bella-punching-Jacob thing!
Also, that whole scene when Bella first meets Quil and Embry (don't have my book with me, but this is as much as I remember) :

Quil: -staring at Bella the whole time-
Bella: Jacob, how much would a mechanic charge me if I brought the bikes to him?
Jacob: Yeah, I guess you are getting a deal...
Bella: Not to mention the free riding lessons!
Quil nudged Embry then, and whispered something I didn't quite catch.
Jacob: -smacks Quil on the head- That's it, get out.
...(Bella leaves)...
Quil and Embry: Woooooo!
I heard a smack, followed by a "Ouch!" and a "Hey!"
Jacob: If either of you sets so much as one toe on my land tomorrow...

LOL!!