Singers raise your voice.

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Singers raise your voice.

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

Eeep. So earlier I said that I didn't think I was going to audition for the Young Americans... I ended up doing it. I'm so nervous. I should be getting a letter in the mail with in a week or two telling me that I did or did not get in. And that letter is basically going to set my future. If it says yes, I'm going to do it automatically. If it says no, then I'm going to go to college as I had planned...

I'm nervous.

Anyway, I know what you guys mean when you hate it when people talk while people are singing and stuff. It's so rude and annoying!

Hopefully Musical Theatre next semester won't be like that.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

*crosses fingers for PiXiE_Shopaholic1025*

Well tonight I had a choir concert, it went really well. I loved every choir's pieces. I'll put some videos on youtube soon. Then a sweet little link here. If anyone wants to hear it. =]
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Post by silverstar »

My choir didn't perform at the band concert last night.

And I found out that I do indeed now sing soprano.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

i have been a singer since 3rd grade. its my life! i was in a childrens choir that wasnt affiliated with anyschool for 7 years but quit when i made Canterbury Belles at my high school. my high school has the best music program in my city and Belles is the pride of it! i love it so much. i have wanted to be in belles since i was little. and this year we were selected to sing in all northwest.....its a HUGE deal...we were pick out of choirs in like 5 states!

but my dream is to sing on broadway someday...unrealistic i know!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
goymer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by goymer »

I think my voiceis a bass, but I have no idea really!

I really want to start/join a band, but the only people I know who play instruments have already got their own band that's been going a while. 'Til then, I have my own myspace :D linky
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
EdwardsPrincess
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EdwardsPrincess »

Music is my LIFE. It's literally oxygen for me. :D

According to my family, I was singing before I started talking. In 1986, When I was 5 years old I had my First LIVE performance at a local fair singing Holly Dunn's "Daddy Hands". I was a spoiled child so I loved every minute of being in the limelight. From that point on I was singing anywhere I could...apparently when I asked what I wanted to eat for dinner I would always sing the answer to my parents. :ugeek: :lol: In school, I was an Alto-Soprano. I would have rather had music classes than any others. In fact, my senior year was compiled of Women's Chorus, Concert Choir, Symphonic Choir & I was a member of my schools Show Choir.

As for playing an insturment, I started playing guitar when I was 12. As years went by I wanted to learn more insturments so I took a shot at the flute, clarinet, saxophone, & made a FAILED attempt to play trumpet(didn't work well since I had braces at the time! :lol: ).

Even today, you'll find me humming away at the most random times.

My Dream Roles for a Broadway Career would be:
Lucy Harris in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS4jsfb7zLM

Elphaba in Wicked!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-vnfzltFE

(I absolutely adore Coleen Sexton(who does the vocals on both of the link I provided).
TwilightObsessed321
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightObsessed321 »

I'm a singer! I've been in my school choir since 1st grade (7th now), and I love to sing. I'm practically obsessed with my iPod, and I also play the piano. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are two of the best video games EVER, and they're awesome. Oh, throw Wii Music in there, too. :lol:
Hugs,
Cara
Image Twilight Is Timeless Image
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I'm not really a singer, like I'm not part of the choir, but I do sing sometimes.

I'm better at low notes, so I have a more bass voice? I have no clue really :D
I used to play the flute, many, many years ago, but I gave up at grade 3, and have forgotten most of it now.
I like listening to music though.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
HipsAndHearts
Learning to Love Green

Post by HipsAndHearts »

Okay, so I've been singing forever. I did my first public performance in Grade 1. There were about 500 people there. I wasn't really nervous either.
Tomorrow I have my school talent show and I'm singing SOS by Abba. I love going RETRO for stuff like this. I'm not that nervous, even though close to 600 people may be there. My mom will even be coming.
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

woiot woot....i love to sing... in ym room to my ipod... duh!!!
nut my dream is to be a singer.... not like a girly singer but someone who makes big bucks and gets alot of attention from the public....
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake