Just Vent!

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Just Vent!

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

I hate this headache that I'm having right now.
I need some diversions
I missed the nightlife
I can't decide on some things
Ugh! sometimes i hate being an adult! :(
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

It's been three days...

And I'm still listening Sk8er Boi.

WHY?

It's not even a good song!

*headdesk headdesk headdesk*
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

So someone told me that Obama is trying to pass something that will make the school year 200 days long. Why, why, why! What is wrong with these adults in authority. I just, I don't know what to think of this anymore.... There's almost absolutely nothing that can describe my bewilderment.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

What's wrong with the school year at the moment? How many days is it now?
200 sounds way too much.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

-Jasper wrote:What's wrong with the school year at the moment? How many days is it now?
200 sounds way too much.
I don't know what's wrong with it! I think it's perfectly fine the way it is now! Well, I'm not sure if it applies to the entire country (though I'm pretty sure it does), but right now it's 180 days. If they make it 200 days then our summer vacation will last for a month and a half. (Or so I think. I'm awful at math.) Then there's our lovely state trying to make the school days last till five o' clock! I'm pretty sure I'm already insane, but if all that passes then I won't be in the right mind at all anymore.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

What? FIVE O ' CLOCK?? Some people have an hours bus journey home already, then only have a few hours free time. Us school kids are working hard enough already, it would be like a 9 til 5 job. Does this extend to people in their first school too?
Surely he can't pass that law if hardly anyone agrees though.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!

Post by Carrisa »

I think it applies to everyone no matter their grade. Though, I'm sure the preschoolers and kindergarteners don't have to worry about it.
I don't know who agrees or who doesn't or anything of that matter. I just heard about it today. As for the state, I heard that they tried to pass it before and it failed so that may be a no go. But with Obama..... *sigh* I can only hope it won't pass.
"Got it memorized?"
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I hate when people say, 'She didn't even feel bad' HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?! YOU AREN'T ME!
How do you know how I feel?! Unless you can read minds, or you can morph into my brain, don't say ANYTHING, because you don't know how I FEEL.
:? :? :?
ImageImage
E<3B
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Gaaaaawd. The school systems in America are really pissing me off.

Everyone is complaining that kids are doing worse and worse each year (dropping out, failing, etc... ) so what do they do? They tighten the reigns thinking they're going to raise our test scores. NOT. Hello. The only reason so many kids are skipping school is because some of them have to wake up at 5 am to get there on time! That's ridiculous. Instead of school starting at 9 am (like so many used to) 50 years ago, it starts at 7:50 (my school did) and kids aren't showing up anymore. I just don't get why people aren't seeing that.

Kids need sleep. Especially teenagers. The school can't expect us to get home from school at 4/5/6 pm, go to bed at 9 so we can get the full eight hours, and then start the whole thing over again the next day. That only leaves 3/4/5 hours to do homework, visit with family and hang out with friends. And if we stay up later to do those things, we get sleep deprived. That's not right.

What's even worse than that is what some school systems are going to start doing with the class of 2015. As soon as those kids get to high school, they will need to talk to someone about whether or not they will be going to college. If they will be, they can only take college courses. If not, they can only take the general courses. If a kid changes their mind for any reason during those four years, their parents have to get a lawyer to say that kid will/will not be going to college. What in the world?

I have a rant about the OGT too (Ohio Graduation Test). We're required to take it our sophomore year and we have five chances to pass each section or we can't graduate. That's retarded in and of itself, but what's even more ridiculous is the fact that we take it as sophomores. Now, I passed all five sections the first time... so what were my other two years of high school for? XD
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
crazycarrie22
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by crazycarrie22 »

Oh. My. Goodness, how i need this thread quite so. I don't even know where to begin! Today has been a absolute ROLLER COASTER! Okay, lets start with the fact every friggin muscle in my body hurts from stupid gym yesterday. I could barely walk this morning, and I thought it had it bad then! Tonight I had to work consession stand at the high school basket ball games, to raise money for my bro's marching band thingy. Well, hell, i have NO clue what the heck i was thinking. Standing on my feet 99% of the time, while I'm already so sore. Right now, it hurts to type but I must vent. Or else I will fall the heck over. And, jeez, it was bad tonight. My brain totally flopped and I could absolutley NOT handle the change and stuff. Some people were understanding and some people were frustrated. Seriously, it's not my fault i can't do math. I geuss my teachers didn't teach the way so i could understand. That's not my fault! Totally out of my hands! Today I got a lunch detention because i didn't finish my math work because I. DID. NOT. GET. IT. And once I told my math teacher this, she replied "Don't tell me you don't get this, I've taught it a million times!" !!! Grah. Oh, and apperently i did not get the memo that my brother and his girlfriend of 5 months broke up. They were really close. !!! He was really upset about it, and it was awkward at the game seeing her like O.o oh hey. And by really upset, i mean REALLY upset. He NEVER talks about anything at all, basically. The whole ride home from the game he vented about it. She cheated on him 2 times, she's cheated on every guy she's gone out with, how her new bf is such a "queer" and then he was saying about how he was the best thing that's ever happened to her. And he was right. My brother is not conceited at all. She was apperently raped twice as a young child so she feels shoot and is crappy at relationships, so my brother forgave her BOTH times she cheated on him. He said she was worth it and it wasn't her fault that happened to her. And what'd she do? Dump him for a senior with no life at all, who drinks beer and watches family guy ON A MONDAY NIGHT! He drinks beer on a Monday NIGHT!!! Oh, and get this? he hits her, he never sits with her at lunch. What, may you ask, does he do at lunch? He goes around the caf. flirting and giving hugs to all the girls. She claims he's "friendly". -.- I claim she's a "bad word" and I'm dang right. Ah, and the last event of the day (hopefully.) My nephew had to go to the doc. earlier because my ****** cat bit him, and it got infected. So they gave him antibotics etc and sent him home. Well, later this evening his temp. reached 100 so they called the doc and he said to take him to the hospital asap. His hand is quite swollen and what not. My mom promised me that once we got off consessions, we'd go to the hospital but NOOO, here i am typing this being hella worried. She wont let me go. I'm sooo nervous and i just want to see my nephew! I thought about this the other day, he's basically the reason im alive. He saved me and a bit over one year old. He's the coolest kiddo in the world.

*deep breath* alright, glad i got that out.
-I'm on The List-