The Dating Thread--take 2

Conzoni al vento

Re: The Dating Thread--take 2

Post by Conzoni al vento »

psugar-
Happy Birthday!!!

Marie-
he does sound like a creeper. hahaha. oh my gosh! You do Zumba!!! I lvoe you! Get sexy! Oh, and it's good that you and Daniel are talking to each other now. it's a positive thing.=]

Genny-
You know what this means? You have to make up for the fall and be super fabulous tomorrow and pretend like it never happened or laugh it off! Then everyone will eventually forget. success.
Ethan and Amber aren't persay officially "going out" but they were more or less. So yeah...

Christine-
as for your question.. and that's a bad thing? hahha. He doesn't do that anyway so whatever.
And what is it with all these boys all over you? Can yougive me your secret!?

moi-
just to clear things up..
I don't really care that he sees me as his sister. Well the whole eventual incest thing becuase of the roadtrip might complicate things a bit. . . hahaha. oh classy. Plus if his parents adopted me it would be akward that I used to like him, but I would be rich.
Today I walked into one of my classes and this random girl goes:
her- is that your sweatshirt?
me- yessss. ..?
her- oh. I thought it may have been Lu's.
me- *WTF?* nope.... but i just b!+ched at him in the hallway.

But like.. where does that come from? NO. I am not wearing his sweater. (though it would smell amazing).
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Hey, haven't been on since December. Basically, Tribal was a pants monster, and once he saw my friends it wasn't even my pants he wanted to get into, but my FOURTEEN YEAR OLD SISTER'S, yeah. This would be the TWENTY-SOMETHING year old guy I met on mypace. I know my sis is gorgeous, but pleae. Could people (especially guys I might possibly like) please stop stooping to pedophilia. Besides, she's a lesbian so it doesn't matter.

Yeah. That's what's up with me. How is everyone else?
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Landiana- Yuck! I hate awkwardness in any kind of relationship. Sometimes it helps just to say "Let's just forget this."

Conzoni al vento- That is totally NOT okay, I agree! I don't know if him saying you remind him of his sister means the same thing as I think you are like a sister to me. I know plenty of boys (including my boyfriend) who have many things in common with my brothers and I tell them. If he likes his sister, then that's good!

Lovemesomecullens- Gah. I know....read more below to further support your theory on kismet. I hope it means we're meant to be best friends. I could use one right now. Yikes...I hate when teachers would load on homework because they realize you're behind because of snow days. You have those days in June anyway! Jeez! It sounds like you're just as confused in the guy department as I am...

psugar- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I never got my locker decorated or an announcement at lunch! You have some pretty awesome friends! Your friend is jealous.

Wolf-girl90- See that's what I think of American accents because I'm used to them. I'm assuming you probably have an English accent. But it's much different from in the states. I want one...hahah! And believe me, I'm trying VERY hard to list those things...it's hard though. I hope you didn't get hurt too much. If you get amnesia, consult your physician! I also agree that he seems to like you...keep us posted ;)

Blasphemous_contessa- Seriously?! That sounds horrible!!! I'm Kristen by the way, I'm new to the thread so I'm catching up!

UPDATE: So it seems the men of our lives are behaving badly lately! Seriously...I've heard so many horrid stories this time around. Yikes. Anywho, so another act of strange coincidence occurred last evening. At UNH, they force us to move our cars out of the parking lots we have permits for and move them to another lot across the street so they can plow the snow away. So anywho, I go out last night to move mine and I drive...relatively fast. So i'm zooming along with "Supermassive Black Hole" pumping out of the stereo at incredibly high decibel levels and it's great! The parking lot is coming up and I can't really see behind the giant snow bank blocking my view, so I trust there is no one coming and I just go. NOPE. It doesn't work that way. INSTEADDDDDD, I almost hit B. Seriously. Are you kidding me? I don't know if he saw it was me, but he was really really scared. For some reason, I thought about it all night long. Gah! And this morning when I went to get my car, I saw him, hid behind a tree, and waited until he passed to go get my car back. I didn't want to talk to him because #1 it was 6:45am and I had just hopped out of bed so I wouldn't get a ticket for being in the wrong lot and I looked a fine mess and #2 I didn't want him to berate me for almost killing him. Oh, and did I mention that he's in almost all of my classes? Yup, so I get to stare at him in my classes and potentially talk to him. Oh, and the greatest thing of all is that he looks so similar to my boyfriend, Evan. They even have some of the same interests. So when Evan moves to Oregon in a few months for a few months, I am going to be royally screwed. This is my life. :) Sorry for the long post.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Hi Kristen. I'm Sami. I've been around forever, just not regularly. I love Muse, my Twilight hating friend wasactually quite pissed when SMBH was on the Twilight Soundtrack. It was amusing.

Anyways, It's not so bad that this guy I thought I might ended up liking was perving on my baby sister. Two of my friends started dating two of his friends (we aranged group midnight bowling because of the whole met on myspace thing) and I got the phone number of the really cute guy who works at the bowling alley's snack bar. He's nice, we are totally just friends though. We have way too much n common to just date.

So I have a question.

When it comes to dating are you guys the opposites attract type or the friends first kinds?
Me, I've gotta like the person, be able to hang out with him. But we have to hace some friction too or it bores me too easily. So I'd say, in between.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
keds723

Post by keds723 »

Nice to meet you Sami. Muse rules my life. Haha!

In response to your question: I tend to fall for the guy who has a big personality and is easy to talk to. I have to think they are attractive first and then I get to know them. The one time I didn't, it ended up very very bad. So now, I make sure I know them on a personal level first, but I will never date a good friend, because I don't want to screw things up...in case things end badly.
ALL4TEAMEDWARD

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Hey guys, srry I've been gone for a few days :)

Blasphemous: Hey another Firefly fan! Nice to see some others around here. Loved Serenity btw. :)
"I aim to misbehave." ~Cap'n Mal~ lol

*+*Update*+*
We had another snow day today. :) And I'm at a friends house right now. But we're watching Tropic Thunder, which is srsly hilareous. :lol: See u all later!
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Kristen B is popping out of everywhere! It's slightly weird! I was thinking of telling you to try and avoid him but I have this feeling that avoiding him might not work! :lol: You should try and see a lot of your boyfriend at the moment! It sucks that he's going to Oregon! If B does look like Ethan then it sounds like you have a type! You are, in my opinion, in one of those tricky situations which I enjoy reading about but have rubbish advice to give! If anything springs to mind though, I'll let you know! :D And yes I do have an English accent! It's not even an exciting one either, although it does have a Southern lilt now and again!

Christine It sounds like you're handling the whole Andy thing really well! I'd be getting seriously frustrated if I was you! He must seriously like you though if his feelings haven't gone away in a year, especially with another girl in the mix! (I can't believe I just put "in the mix"!) Can you see yourselves getting together in the future if it didn't work out for him and Cara? Some more personal questions! :) I am quite bad at it!
Also today, I was in the canteen in school and we were discussing the weather and about how it was quite bad and I suddenly went "Well, I know someone who lives in America and is experiencing and ice-storm!" They all looked at me a bit funny and were like "Cool. Do you even know what an ice storm is?"
I didn't have an answer to that so I just went: "Of course I do!" and then went for another cookie! (I need to cut down on the cookies!) Anyway, that was a pointless little anecdote for you! ;)

Lena The sweater things extremely random! The road trip, I might add, sounds extremely cool! me and my friends should make plans like that! And yes, the incest thing might be slightly dodgy in the future! :lol:
As for the looking fabulous thing, I DIDN'T FALL OVER TODAY! And to be honest, I have having a relatively good hair day as well! Well, until second lesson when some Year 9 got me right on the head with a snow ball! :x I'm still very upset about that! :D

Marie Travis sounds a bi of an idiot at the moment! Hopefully he'll calm down a bit and get back to being nice again! I totally sympathise with you as well about the whole Daniel thing as well and missing him as a friend! If I fall out with a girl I normally get over it, but if I fall out with a boy, or drift, I always really miss them. I hope you can become friends again! I also find at amazingly cool that you can dance! The only dance I can pull off is the big fish/little fish dance! :lol: Oh, and what's a Zumba? I really want to know!

up-date Most people were back in today so it was cool and I didn't have to sit next to O! I didn't fall over either! It wasn't as slippy today because it's got warmer and most of the snow has melted but my friend still managed it! I nearly fell off the cross-trainer laughing! I burnt off......wait for it...294 calories on it!! It's a bit of a culture shock really because I never really do anything in P.E! I'm so lazy!
O came to sit by me again today! Yet again it was uber polite! He randomly asked how my Gran was! He goes:
O: I haven't seen Gran and Pop for ages!
Me: Yeah, they ask about you sometimes!
O: I should go and see them really!
I was like, WTF?! You can't just turn up to my house when I'm not there to see my grandparents, unless that was a cue for me to invite you over!
He is the most Hot/Cold person I've ever met! We have barely talked for nearly a year.
Oh yeah, Sophie stood Chris up again! He told me he'll ring me tonight so my night will involve me reassuring him that he is 1) Good looking 2) Friendly 3) A good kisser.
Joy. :lol:

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Genny, O is totally into you. And if not, he needs to watch it because he sure is acting like it. =O Guys don't usually give a guy that much attention if it doesn't mean anything. It's kind of weird that he wants to visit your grandparents though. LOL :lol: That's not a line you usually hear. Haha, yeah, I'm hoping Daniel and I can start over as friends. I can't just erase him from my life. And YES. I love to dance! It's probably one of the only things that I am better at than my friends (who all seem to be great musicians, athletes, or geniuses).

Sami, welcome to the thread!! :D There are SO many newbies lately! Awesome. ;D As for your question, I'm definitely a friends first kind of person. I think it's important to develop a foundation. In some ways I'm an opposites attract person, but there are a lot of things that me and any guy I date have to agree on. I could go into detail, but it's not that important. Lol. You get the idea. ;]

Keds, ROFL. I'm sorry, but you almost hitting B made me LOL. It's not that funny, I guess, but the scenario looks pretty ridiculously funny in my head. So B is basically an enticing clone of your boyfriend?! That's tricky. Just remember, when a guy looks too good to be true...he probably is. XD

Con, Zumba is AMAZING. We belly-danced last night. Haha. And it's no lie, I feel super sexy every time I come out of there in all of my sweaty glory. XD And ROFL to your comment about being rich. Why marry for money? Just become Lu's sister. :P Also...that girl sounds nosy. Whatev. You're way too smart to wear his sweater, unless it's because it smells good.

Christine...that's too bad about Taylor's situation! I swear, sometimes I wonder if boys are even worth the risk. I know anything could happen, and anything could turn out to be AMAZING. But...boys just seem to be more disappointing than anything else. I think only sociopaths cheat. :| How do cheaters even sleep at night?! Ugh. Chocolate is my lover!!

Me:
I'm really stressed. I have so much to do tonight...
But I e-mailed my confirmation teacher and told him that I'm sick (which isn't entirely true, because I'm not really sick anymore...), so I can't come to the meeting tonight. I didn't do ANY of the homework he assigned us, because I'm so overloaded with my REAL homework that I just forgot about it. So whatever. I'll do it this weekend. (I feel like it's a huge sin to lie to a church teacher...HEHE). I think he's a creeper anyway though.
My single lady friends and I are going to see He's Just Not That into You on Valentine's Day. That's what I'm talkin' about. Who needs a boyfriend?!
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Everyone: Thanks for the birthday wishes, my mom got the cake I wanted(not with the usual icky store icing) and I just had a slice for my after school snack(and I wont gain a ounce 8-) ) it was delicious still.

Wolf~Girl90: Good job with not falling down and lilt is such an awesome word(I have never heard of it before) can I use it? Oh I'm going to England this summer(sorry,random spazzing, and I didn't take my meds). O sounds super annoying, sorry I'm no help.

StupidxLamb: That was so funny, by the way do people call you something different like a name cause I never noticed.

Update: I have a concert tonight that I'm in, singing Far From the Home I Love(Fiddler On The Roof). I hate the musical but the song is goodish. It was a good day all in all, we had a two hour delay, except I had a sub who used an obsessive amount of make-up and musky perfume. My spanish teacher didn't hate me. Oh and we finally switched seats in English and I didn't tell you about the idiot who sat next to me. It was this guy who I so don't like(he has no style and is so not me-ish) yet he had a huge crush on me. Constantly during class he would talk to me about some show were people blow up stuff(may I say, immature) and when my english teacher comes over(she loves me, I introduced her to Twilight and I'm her best English student) he blabs about that, he is not a good student. He stares at me all class and once in SS(which I also have with the fool :roll: ) we were doing a hands on thing and me having ADD had to get up to do it, so I go back to my seat after taking down the notes we did(we walked around the room to take down the notes on poster boards we did earlier) and stear away cause guess who is in my chair, him, he stares at me with a grin(stalker much?), I go over to my friends desk the rest of the time. Yay, he is gone!
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

LENA:
My secret... Hmmm... Haha, I wish I knew! It's a secret even to me haha. ;] That whole sweatshirt thing is totally weird! That's such a random question. Ah well, I hope you're having a good day. :]

SAMI:
Hey, welcome back! I'm sorry Tribal turned out to be a skeezball, but at least you didn't go out on like an official date with him or anything! The group of friends bowling idea was very handy! Hope you're doing well. :]

KRISTEN:
Yeah. Confusion sucks. But MAN, all of that is TOTALLY kismet! That is insane! The universe wants you two to be best friends for sure. So, while avoiding him is an option haha ;], I would recommend just getting to know him on a purely friendly basis, no flirting or anything. Then you can figure out if you're even attracted to him or anything and whether or not he's any real threat to your relationship. Getting to know him as a friend is good, though, and obviously the world wants you to, so do it! Haha. :]

When it comes to dating are you guys the opposites attract type or the friends first kinds?
Friends first. Definitely. And obviously you don't want someone who is too similar to you, but you need some kind of similarities in order to have a good connection.

CHELSEA:
I LOVE Tropic Thunder! Seriously, one of my favorite movies! Glad you're enjoying your snow day. :]

GENNY:
Well, the Andy situation IS frustrating, but I'm trying not to let it get to me. That has been failing recently, but I'm trying to fix it haha. And I could totally see us dating. I really hope we get the chance to. We're just so compatible. Haha. ;] And haha, I'm glad you could tell your friends about my ice storm! They probably only asked you if you knew what it was because they don't. ;] Hahah. As for O, he's being totally weird. Randomly talking to you, and about your grandparents no less? Sounds a little fishy. It's cool to be friendly to him, but I'd keep a watchful eye out, just in case! As for the Chris thing, I have to do that with my friends all the time... Haha, hope that goes well! :]

MARIE:
Chocolate is a magnificent lover, indeed! Haha. Your V-Day plans sound fantastical! I hope you enjoy the movie! And I'm sorry school's so stressful. :[ I hope it lightens up a bit... That or your get used to the workload! Haha. :]

PSUGAR:
Glad you're enjoying your burffday cake. :] And that stalker-creeper-guy sounds totally weird! I'm sorry you have to put up with him on a daily basis. I mean, sure someone having a crush on you is flattering, but only to a certain point... Haha. Try to steer clear from him in all future cases! :]

Update:
I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST! But just barely. Apparently I do turnabouts backward... But the guy just kept yelling at me and telling me I was going to fail and he made me cry... But at least I passed! God, those stupid DMV people... If you hate your job so much, GET A NEW ONE! It's called Monster.com.
As for boys, well, not too much I guess.
My friend Patrick told me he missed me yesterday. I miss him, too. I never see him anymore. He's directing a play for our New Works Festival, though, so hopefully he'll cast me haha.
I had a TOTALLY weird dream about Andy, Cara, and I yesterday when I took a nap. We were on that old reality show called "Temptation Island" and Andy and Cara were there as a couple (obviously) and I was like one of the single people. Well, Cara caught Andy and I kissing at one point during the show so she slapped him and then sailed off in a canoe... And the WEIRDEST part was that Joey was our host and he sailed away with her! Haha. So yeah, I told Andy that and he was like, "Oh d@mn..." And then he randomly changed the subject and said, "I know this is random, but you looked cute today." Hey, who cares if it was off-topic. I'll take it. Haha. He was pretty normal today, so that was good. I'm actually devising a plot (not that crazy of one, but hey.) Not next week, but the next week our class workshop opens. We have two different casts (we're doing The Laramie Project, if you know anything about that. It's about Matthew Shepherd.) He's not in my cast, but I want to go see their performance, which is on that Wednesday night. (The 18th, I think.) And I'm plotting to ask him to drive me home because I haven't ridden in Georgia (his car's name) in a long time, and I miss it. Haha.