Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sunshine
Settled in Forks

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by Sunshine »

I think she could write a sequel to The Host, but with different characters and a different setting. I feel like the story is over for Ian, Wanda, Jared, Mel, Jamie and the others. The ending she wrote was great and the characters already had their ending. To me it wouldn't make sense to write a sequel. However, the souls are still on earth. She should write something about how the humans get the souls to leave or something along those lines.
I'm also very sad to hear Stephenie's put Midnight Sun on hold, but I can understand why she did it. I can only imagine how betrayed and shocked she must feel.
My Heartlight
Settled in Forks

Post by My Heartlight »

sweetness1901 wrote:I am so devastated about the recent Midnight Sun news. I am not sure if this is where we are meant to discuss it, I just couldn't find anywhere else.
It is so unfair that someone has ruined this book for all of us. I cannot even begin to explain how much I was looking forward to this book. I have been hanging for it since I read the first chapter last year. Now to know I may never read the whole book or have a bound version beside my other books, is just heartbreaking.
I feel so bad for Stephenie too. She must feel so betrayed.
However, I cannot help but feel a little annoyed that all of her dedicated, honest fans are being punished for one persons deception. Now, because of one horrible person, we all miss out on one of the most anticipated books in the series.
Then there are rumors on the net that it was deliberately leaked! That cannot be. Why are people so horrible??
Hopefully, Stephenie can rise about all of these negative events and Edward can finish his story. We are all behind you Stephenie, no matter what!
I totally agree. But make that THE most anticipated book of the series, for me, at least. There's also a disscussion going on about this in Quenching Your Thrist>Sequels, and again, I am SOOOO devastated. Heartbreaking is an understatement to how we all feel right now.
~*You are my life now*~
My Heartlight
Settled in Forks

Post by My Heartlight »

Likeasunburn wrote:
Soubiluv98 wrote:Stephenie really DOESN'T care about us the fans, if she doesn't take this back.
SHE DOESN'T CARE.
I'm just so upset right now.
Who else feels like she just gave ALL OF US the finger?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, that was just chock full of crazy. Is it naptime by any chance?
C'mon, give Soubiluv98 a break. We're all upset, and it DOES feel like she's abandoned all of us for what one person did. Although that was a bit harsh, I have to say, I've been resisting the urge to give her crap myself.

OK, so I know that's not going to help anything. But still, that is what it feels like.
~*You are my life now*~
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I know what you all mean. I can't wait for MS. I read the first chapter on her website...and now I am like "oh man now I have to wait for the rest of it!"
But I think it is worth the wait!! She a great writer!!
ImageImage
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Stephenie posted 12 chapters of Midnight Sun on her website. www.stepheniemeyer.com it is under Twilight Sereis: Midnight Sun
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

Thanks edward x lover...I knew some one else said something about there being 12 chapters... I only had read the first. Yippy!!!! I get to read more!!!
ImageImage
needwingstofly
Settled in Forks

Post by needwingstofly »

I don't really think the word "yipee" comes to mind for me. Directly before the link is a comment that she doesn't actually WANT her fans to read this rough draft. She only posted it so that her fans don't feel guilt about reading it from another source. I read that first chapter that was originally posted and was hooked. Who knew how much more complex it could be - the same story from another character? I was already planning on buying it when it came out and was looking forward to the rest of it. Now that she posted the link, I was curious but not enough to ruin it. If she doesn't want us to read it, then I don't want to either. I'm just not interested - I hope she changes her mind and decides to publish it - sooner rather then later. It's hard to not read it because I've read the Twilight series three times through already (and I just discovered her books a month ago) and I'm dying to read this book.
Ashhh--
Settled in Forks

Post by Ashhh-- »

Im really excited about Midnight Sun. The Host was awesome too.. i could probably read it again. Breaking Dawn was amazing too. I dont know where she comes up with these ideas. But they're awesome.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I was originally upset about the leak and never planned on reading it but I am ADDICTED to the series and everytime I went on my computer I had to fight the urge. So I caved and from what she has wrote I think it is the best one yet, If it is ever published I think it is going to be my all time favorite. I think once she gets over the shock and betrayed feeling she will start working on it again. SM is not one to leave her fans hanging like this.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

needwingstofly wrote:I don't really think the word "yipee" comes to mind for me. Directly before the link is a comment that she doesn't actually WANT her fans to read this rough draft. She only posted it so that her fans don't feel guilt about reading it from another source. I read that first chapter that was originally posted and was hooked. Who knew how much more complex it could be - the same story from another character? I was already planning on buying it when it came out and was looking forward to the rest of it. Now that she posted the link, I was curious but not enough to ruin it. If she doesn't want us to read it, then I don't want to either. I'm just not interested - I hope she changes her mind and decides to publish it - sooner rather then later. It's hard to not read it because I've read the Twilight series three times through already (and I just discovered her books a month ago) and I'm dying to read this book.
I'm with you. I read the first chapter of Midnight Sun she originally posted but I will not read what was leaked.

For me, it's more out of respect to SM. I love the Twilight Saga and I've read it so much that I've lost count, but the fact that it was leaked and has made her upset... I just hope she knows some of her fans wouldn't hurt her like this. Though I'd love for her to just continue writing and publish is soon, I think I'd prefer her to rest, take a break and hopefully with some time she'll decide to get back to it. I have a small shred of hope. I refuse to think and believe she wont continue it.
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."