Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Black »

Small, laid-back, close-knit (everybody knew everyone else). In fact, I could first and last name every single person in the school. I think there were around 1,000 kids in all four grades combined but when you're around them every day year after year, you kind of catch on.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

mine sucks, massively.
i used to go to a normal, everyday, government school, where i had the best friends ever.

now i got in to the best school in the country, (australia) and everyone's so stuck up and fake. the teachers are all like, "you are the future of our soceity, the future doctors and lawyers, blah, blah, blah", and i can't stand it. we have all these stupid rules to keep our image up. and it's so competitive. no one gives a crap about anyone else.
lies,lies,lies. it's so quiet and strict here. at school dances, the boys and girls line up at opposite sides of the room. i don't care about getting a perfect score at the HSC, i just wanna be a teenager. i miss laughing for no reason, and just being completely stupid and random.
all the other highschools hate us because they think we're stuck up nerds without lives, and they're right.

Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

That's what I loved about my high school. The teachers weren't afraid to be people. They didn't mind sitting back and just hanging out with the kids during class.

And we were still one of the best schools in the state so I guess it worked. :D
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Well.. um.. lol.

My school is pretty crazy. We have had 3 fights just this week.. everyone there thinks slang is proper english. I can barely follow along in a conversating. But I have caught on recently. Most kids are way too old for the grade they are in... I signed in a kid the other day, he was excused because he had an appointment with his probation officer. The school is graded with like a D or C :). Every year! Most names are un-pronouncable..

Ra'Kiya, Ra'Promise, Shaquita, Sherica, Sherika, Ranisha, Dequiesha, Janavia.. the list keeps going.

~Syd
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Sydflower wrote:Well.. um.. lol.

My school is pretty crazy. We have had 3 fights just this week.. everyone there thinks slang is proper english. I can barely follow along in a conversating. But I have caught on recently. Most kids are way too old for the grade they are in... I signed in a kid the other day, he was excused because he had an appointment with his probation officer. The school is graded with like a D or C :). Every year! Most names are un-pronouncable..

Ra'Kiya, Ra'Promise, Shaquita, Sherica, Sherika, Ranisha, Dequiesha, Janavia.. the list keeps going.

~Syd
XD. Isn't it sad that I don't even have to ask you if the majority are black?
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Black wrote:
Sydflower wrote:Well.. um.. lol.

~Syd
XD. Isn't it sad that I don't even have to ask you if the majority are black?
LOL! XD I promise I'm not racist though.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

sarah! wrote: LOL! XD I promise I'm not racist though.
I wouldn't want to be in a room full of black people not because of the color of their skin or where they come from, but because of the way they act. They bring their reputation upon themselves, I think and then get mad and call us racists whenever we try to call them out on it. :roll:
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by CarissaCullen »

We're small, 800 kids, in a small but growing town, and I love it. We really suck at sports, except for Wrestling, which we totally own! A lot of people say that they hate this town, but I love it, its still small, but we're close enough to a medium city and a big city to do whatever we want, beach and mountains are only a couple hours away.

Our school is really ALL about the arts. We have a 400 seat theatre that is one of the best, or THE best in Southwest Washington. People come to see our shows because they know what we can do, not because they're our family or whatever. Our director gets phone calls from people in Portland wanting to see our shows, its sooo cool. Our whole department is pretty much a family and our director is absolutly AWESOME. He is the kind of teacher that you totally respect, but you're super close to. Right now I'm assistant directing Beauty and the Beast and running lights for a Missoula Childrens Theatre play that the elementary school is putting on. Last year for the musical we did Into the Woods (Sondheim is a GOD!!). We do 2 whole school plays a year, the musical, an advanced acting play, a panther player play, and the 2nd year acting kids put together a kids show for the elementary. Its soooo much fun.

Plus we had an equestrian team that I'm on, and thats way fun.

Theres a bit of a pot problem, it's almost difficult to name off people that I know for SURE that haven't smoked it, but I think our town has always been that way, lol, its just NOT for me!
"Between the pain and nothing, I chose nothing"
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I am in ninth grade, and I am in Jr. high... Unfortunately at my school all the teachers are old and crazy except for a handful... a very small handful... Our school in this area is known for its homework.... we get a ton of it everyday... and it seems as if the teachers don't think we have any life at all....
Most of the kids at my school are the same religion as I am... there is about 700 kids in the school...
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
livelove&twilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by livelove&twilight »

im a senior in high school so none of the teachers really care what we do haha so school is sort of like a hang out for us to go to... i mean we get work but you can give a teacher some dumb excuse and theyd give you another week to work on it... its pretty awesome. im in a bunch of music classes so thats fun cause we all just sit around and talk about twilight haha its like our own club during class :D
peace.love & twilight
lovin them cullen boys :D