What are you reading?

Rainbowfairy
Settled in Forks

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Rainbowfairy »

My Top 5 Young Adult Series are:

1. The Wicca Series by Cate Tiernan - there's 15 in all, this will always be my favourite series ever.
2. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.
3. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.
4. The Secret Circle Trilogy by L.J. Smith.
5. The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce.
Image Image Image
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

addictedbooklover wrote:I've read City of Ember too! I can't wait till the movie comes out.
I'm reading How I Live Now, which is a wartime love story. It's kind of weirdly written, but it's good.
Just finished Double Cross, which I think was the worst in the Noughts and Crosses series :(
There's going to be a movie??? Yay!!

edit: I just found it on IMDB, it was released in October.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970411/fullcredits#cast
Last edited by UnfreakinBelievable on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Just read 'Pretty Little Liars' today and I'll start 'Flawless' right now.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Well, yesterday I went to my cousins' and they sent me back with a nice stack of books. I read The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom yesterday, and it was terrific. I cried...a lot. I was sobbing during the last chapter or so. I loved it
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Wolf-Girl90 wrote:
oleander wrote:I just finished Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima and i've started The Wizard Heir (the 2nd book in the series). They are great books. I think these ones are geared more toward boys, but just they same, they're fantastic.

I'm also going to be starting Kyrian's book in the Dark Hunter series tonight.
hose books sound interesting!
Do you mind me asking what they are about?
xoxo
Wolf-Girl90, i'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. This little blurb is taken from the author's website. Any explanation I wrote was giving away too much.

The Warrior Heir: One March day, Jack Swift, a high school student in a small college town, forgets to take the medicine he’s taken daily since he was an infant. There ensues a cascade of events that puts him in mortal danger.

The Wizard Heir: Sixteen year old wizard Seph McCauley has spent the past 3 years bouncing from one exclusive private school to another. Orphaned as a baby, Seph was raised by Genevieve LeClerc, the sorcerer owner of a Toronto bed and breakfast. LeClerc tried to protect Seph from the treacherous world of wizardry by keeping him away from others of his kind.

But now LeClerc is dead, leaving Seph on his own and without the training he needs to control his growing power. He prowls the illegal clubs of Toronto’s warehouse district, plagued by magical accidents that are increasing in frequency and severity. Worse, he’s beginning to realize that the stories he’s been told about his parents’ life and death are fabrications—that the people he most trusted have been lying to him.

They are really great books and I devoured them both so quickly. They stressed me out at times, but I like that...it's a sign of a good book. :)

Hope that was helpful.
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

i just started talons book in the DH series...so good!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Ohh! I like this top 5, but I think I'm going to have to bump mine up to top 10 :P

1. The Twilight Saga
2. The Historian
3. The Time Traveller's Wife
4. The Princess Bride
5. Atonement
6. The Secret History
7. Me & Emma
8. Philip Pullman's Northern Lights Trilogy
9. Harry Potter Series
10. Memoirs of a Geisha

Read them all!
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Has anyone else read Sovay, by Celia Rees? It's a historical book, about a young woman who becomes a highwayman. I really recommend it! The only bad thing is that there are so many guys who like her, but she chooses the worst one... :(

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I've finally started The Host. I've had the book sitting in my room for the past month and never got around to it, mainly because I started The Black Dagger Brotherhood right before I got it and the brothers kept me busy for a while.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I really liked The Host. I am still plugging away at the Dark-Hunter series. However, a friend of mine just read The Wizard's Daughter by Catherine Coulter. I didn't know she wrote more than just her FBI series. Which is funny since most of her books are romance and I only know her drama series! :lol: The story sounds really good! Has anyone read it?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!