General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tooly_xx
Settled in Forks

Re: Sequels

Post by tooly_xx »

It would be really good to have the books in Alice's point of view, but after reading the draft of 'Midnight Sun' on the Stephanie Meyer website, I found that it gives a much bigger insite to the story. I'd really like Stephanie to write the whole saga in Edward's point of view ... Does anyone know if she is?

:)
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

tooly_xx wrote:It would be really good to have the books in Alice's point of view, but after reading the draft of 'Midnight Sun' on the Stephanie Meyer website, I found that it gives a much bigger insite to the story. I'd really like Stephanie to write the whole saga in Edward's point of view ... Does anyone know if she is?

:)
As far as I've read anything she's mentioned about this, she's practically finished once Midnight Sun hits stores. She did say there was a chapter of New Moon that she wanted to write Edward's PoV for, but it would be like an Extra posted on her website.
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I just wish she would do all 4 books in Edwards POV event though she wasn`t planing on doing it, she could just surprise us as a "thank you" to all the fans.
A girl can dream right :oops:
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
SaraCullen4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by SaraCullen4ever »

Yes, from what I've read of Midnight Sun, it would be so cool to get inside Edward's head about certain things going on in the book. You hear everything Bella thinks, but Edward has totally different thoughs. I would like to hear them so bad!
♥Sara♥
TEAM EDWARD!!!
Sleepwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Sleepwalker »

^if Meyer did everyone POVs, she'd have to make them during different time periods, because i think I'll get sick and tired of reading about things that only happen during the years bella stays in Forks. ( yes i know all 4 books to place in forks)I hope she'll branch out into different centuries or decades, esp for carlisle since he's the oldest of them all. A mini story featuring the volturi would be fantastic. I can't get enough of them!
SaraCullen4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by SaraCullen4ever »

Hearing some other time period would be interesting. When you read the series, you only hear about the Cullens in Bella's point of view. What would they be like before Bella arrived? Would Rosalie be a nicer person? It would be very interesting.
♥Sara♥
TEAM EDWARD!!!
azerigold
Settled in Forks

Post by azerigold »

I'd love for her to continue her writings on the Twilight saga. The ending was a happy one, BUT, with the Volturi still out there, and so much undiscovered country, well I think she could be even more creative. Especially with Renesmee. The Volturi really aren't happy? Would they really hold back? Would they really just let the Cullens be? Hmmmm...

I agree that doing POV on more than just Edward for what has already happened...would really get old. I have read most of what SM has posted on Midnight Sun, and OMG I just love it! That is one I am sooo anxious to get when she does release it. The only reason I haven't finished what's up is that I bought Breaking Dawn, and just finished it Friday night.

It's hard to let go of this series, it's hard to think 'this is it' after such a wonderful ride. It's all sort of depressing. In fact, I was sort of 'down' after I finished Breaking Dawn, because I knew, outside of Midnight Sun...there just wasn't anything else to read to continue on Bella and Edward... I'd love to be wrong tho'
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

More accurately a prequel, but I would LOVE to know Alice's story... how she ended up in the institution, who the vampire was that was so attached to her, how James found her and the hunt that resulted in her vampire changing her and then being killed by James, why she smelled better to James than Bella did, what it was like for Alice and Jasper before they found the Cullens and then finally what it was like joining the Cullens...

There is so much there that I would love to know the answers to!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Yes I agree! A prequel series would be the BOMB!

I just finished watching the first 2 underworld movies to prepare myself for the 3rd so I was thinking somewhere along the lines of that would be great. Someone mentioned writing the stories but in different time periods and centuries, that's a good idea. Like if the books progressed by going back and forth, back to centuries with Carlisle and the history surrounding there, then jumping forward to the future with Jake and Nes...then going back and filling the blanks, etc. Does that make sense? Not sure if I am explaining this right.

So that way we don't get bored with the same storyline over and over. Even tho I would love all 4 books from Edward's POV. But fresher, newer plots and stories are good too.

The stories woven through a prequel series could show us snippets or more detailed accounts of Carlisle's life, Alice and Jasper's love story, also their live before they found the Cullens, Leah and Seth and the other werewolves, etc. There is so much possibility there!
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

azerigold wrote: It's hard to let go of this series, it's hard to think 'this is it' after such a wonderful ride. It's all sort of depressing. In fact, I was sort of 'down' after I finished Breaking Dawn, because I knew, outside of Midnight Sun...there just wasn't anything else to read to continue on Bella and Edward... I'd love to be wrong tho'
I felt the same way when I finished BD. I really went into a funk. I was looking for Edward in every face I saw and thinking about the series all the time. It took me about a week to realize that I should just pick up the books again and dive right back into that world. I have never been one to read a book twice. Once it's read...it's read. But the only thing to get me out of my little depression was to read them again.

I've read each book at least 8 times now. Plus, sometimes when something pops into my head, I'll just go to a favorite part and read that.

So, pick em up again. :D
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!