How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

Wow, I am seriously impressed with how many times some of you have read the series! I thought I was pretty obsessed with the books but I am nowhere near the double digits for any of them. Though, this is probably more because I feel guilty if I read one book series too much, so I force myself to read a designated amount of new books before I can return to it. A little weird, I realize.

I've lost count on how many times I've read Twilight...but I feel safe enough to say it's under ten times. I usually like to return to the series every few months....unless I'm really experiencing withdrawal, in which case I'll get to it sooner. I've been having a really hard time lately--now that the series is over--but I've been getting my fix by obsessively checking up on the movie's progress lol.

New Moon I think I've read only 3 times...I didn't actually own a copy of the book until this past Christmas. I think I was waiting for it to come out in paperback (I have Twilight in paperback and I have this weird thing about mixing paperback and hardcover in series) but then I decided to give up. So for a while it was weird because I had Twilight and Eclipse, but not New Moon. Anyway..

I've only read Eclipse twice, which I was really surprised to find out when I thought about it. I read it when it came out and then again right before Breaking Dawn. I guess I got really busy with college, or something.

Finally! I've read Breaking Dawn twice. First time was a 12-hour marathon read in one sitting. Then I forced myself to wait a day before reading it again, that time slower. Sigh.

I realize this post is full of useless information that no one cares about....so, sorry about that lol.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:Wow, I am seriously impressed with how many times some of you have read the series! I thought I was pretty obsessed with the books but I am nowhere near the double digits for any of them. Though, this is probably more because I feel guilty if I read one book series too much, so I force myself to read a designated amount of new books before I can return to it. A little weird, I realize.

ahah yeah i get what you mean. sometimes i want to just give myself some time or read other books before re reading the series again.
i dont know, i guess i just want myself to feel the magic again, if i could forget(but not really forgetting) some parts of the books.
hahah not making much sense am i.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Wow, I just finished reading the series yesterday and I started last Tuesday (so once for each book) but I just actually got into Twilight so maybe that's not so bad. Right (thinking to myself and hearing all the hisses coming my way).

I think that I'm probably going to re-read them in the next coming weeks but I want my mind to be clear and pick up on all those things that I know I missed.

I just never imagined that I could actually like the characters and get into the plot line because of all the negative things I've heard about the series and boy those nay sayers are wrong and don't know what they are missing.

I'm getting excited again about re-reading them.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

Twilight-15
New Moon-11
Eclispe-17
Breaking Dawn-13
yeah i am in love with these books
[Image
cedeesss
Settled in Forks

Post by cedeesss »

mm straight through:

twilight- 6
new moon- 4
eclipse- 5
breaking dawn- 6
midnight sun (first 12 chapters) - 2

*started reading the twilight saga july 08, btw

yes, i am obsessed
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

I have started my third round...... on Chapter 17 of Twilight at the moment.
MySpaceHeater
Settled in Forks

Post by MySpaceHeater »

I honestly don't know how many times I've read Twilight, New Moon or Eclipse, but I've read Breaking Dawn twice :)
I havn't had a chance to read The Host yet :cry:
"Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?"
"I don't have any leeches on my speed dial."
"You should've seen his face when I started taking my clothes off, though. Priceless."
"Sure sure."

Ren-who? Jacob's mine
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

I've re-read the books a couple of times each but I tend to just re-read parts, like I've read the Volturi vs. uber Bella and Co. lots of times, too many to count.
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
smurnane
Settled in Forks

Post by smurnane »

Twilight-5
New Moon-5
Eclipse-5
Breaking Dawn-I'm on the 3 time through now

I've listened to the twilight audiobook once and I am currently listening to the New Moon audiobook.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I've read the whole series once. I just got them a few weeks ago. I'm on my second read through. Just finished Twilight, and about to pick up New Moon again.