Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Harry Clearwater

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all things Harry Clearwater, tribal elder and father of Leah and Seth.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Harry Clearwater

Post by samajama »

We don't officially meet Harry, do we? He seems like he would be a very nice, likeable guy, though. I was so sad when he died. Not because I knew and loved him, but I saw how sad it made Charlie and his death affected many characters. Seth and Leah, fatherless. Sue, a widow. Charlie lost his best friend. The tribe lost an elder, as did the pack. I wish we could have known him, but his death was essential to many plot lines.
Poor Harry.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

He was at the Black's house once when everone came over for dinner. When Bella meets Seth (he is hanging with her and Jacon). He might have been at other dinners there, but I don't remember.
It is sad that now Sue is alone with two children who are werewolves and has to go through that without knowing what is going on. He would have been very helpful since he was an elder. Poor Sue, Seth, adn Leah. And Charlie and Billy lost a great friend.
ImageImage
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

trhmllr wrote:He was at the Black's house once when everone came over for dinner. When Bella meets Seth (he is hanging with her and Jacon). He might have been at other dinners there, but I don't remember.
It is sad that now Sue is alone with two children who are werewolves and has to go through that without knowing what is going on. He would have been very helpful since he was an elder. Poor Sue, Seth, adn Leah. And Charlie and Billy lost a great friend.
Oh right, right.
Still, he seemed pretty cool. :( Poor, poor Harry!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

It was funny the way he wasn't really a character, he was just for the plot. He didn't have a personality that we heard about or anything.

Why am I having so much trouble attaching the name 'Harry Clearwater' to a Native American?

All I can think of is HP with grey hair and fishing gear.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

I know that we never find out a whole lot about Harry, but he really is important to the whole story. Amazing for someone who isn't in the books very much. However, I was kinda sad when he died because there were so many lives left that he touched and so many lives that had to deal with the pain. It was like when my dad died, you could just see how many people were affected, more so than just his immediate family. Death has a domino effect.
EdwardCullen4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardCullen4eva »

harry Clearwater plays a very importent role in New Moon.
If harry hadn't have died, then there would be no thing about a funeral, and Edward would not have tired to kill himself!
*poof*
that whole part gone!
That part really showed how comitted Edward was to bella and it also showed that Edward still really cared for bella, which was really sweet and sad at the same time!
I cried (how embarssing!)
lol!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

If harry never died . . .
Charlie would be alone without sue for cooking! :o

I'm off to post that on the twilight speculation thread!
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

Harry's death was neccesary for the twilight saga to continue...^_^
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

The Clearwaters are Native Americans? I picture Leah like Hollister-Abrecrombie and Seth a small blonde kid. Well anyways, I was devastated with Harry's death. It was necessary for the plot, otherwise Edward didn't hear about a funeral and try and kill himself. I hate Sue! She's with one of Harry's best friends! How would that make Harry feel if Sue betrayed him for Charlie? :(
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl