A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
saturnsugar16
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by saturnsugar16 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
No, the sight/smell of blood does not bother me.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No, I wasn't afraid for Bella. Edward was aware of the blood typing going on, and he has trained himself to be able to ignore the smell of human blood. Since Bella's blood seems to be Edward's only weakness, and she never stuck her finger, I figured she was safe.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I definetly agree that she seems older than she is. She has had to be the grown up in her family for most of her life so she is much more mature.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I thought Edward was much more open to the idea of having Bella around. Before he was careful to stay away from her so he didn't hurt her or get her into something she wasn't prepared for. This chapter shows he is finally ready to admit he cares for Bella.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Not really. Though I can smell it.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Didn't Bella say that to Edward? Either way, they both seem to be more mature than the other kids.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He was very pro-Bella, obsessed with her you could say. Open, obviously this is something the other kids don't see from him. Completely interested and concerned for her.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

Not really, a little blood does not bother me at all.

No I wasn't afraid at all. Edward only seemed to be really affected by the smell of her blood and she never pricked her finger.

I comepletely agree that she is mature beyond her years.

He was much more willing to be around Bella. He seemed to have decided that he could be friends with her.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

Nope!! It doesn't bother in the least.

No and there was no blood around except Mike with his pricked finger.

Wee I supposed it is because she seems so mature.

He was lightening up a little.
BiteMeRob
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeRob »

No... Blood doesn't really bother me.. Unless it's spilling all over the place, like in the Saw movies, or whatever, lol.

No, I wasn't afraid, I was sort of expecting Edward to turn up as soon as she left class and I knew there was no risk in it whatsoever.

I agree with this. Bella is very mature.

He was much more interested in Bella, open to talk to her, and I loved the fact that he was so protective. My heart skipped a beat when he picked her up off the floor :)
Because of Edward Cullen, human boys have lost their charm.
Thanks Stephenie Meyer! Now I'll never find a man.
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

Yes I do. I always feel freaked out when I give myself a cut and I hate it when other people bleed.

No I didn't. I could tell that Edward was worried about her by the way he was calling her name so I knew she wasn't in any danger.

I agree to a certain extent. You can tell that Bella is very mature for her age but at the same time I know some people at my school who act very mature for their ages. Therefore I agree that Bella is not a typical high school teenager but I don't think she is totally unique.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?[
He seems more affectionate towards Bella and seems to open up more. In the previous chapters he seemed wary to talk to her but in this chapter you could tell he was getting more comfortable with her.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Nope

Nope, and yeah

I agree

I thought it was sweet, he actually showed he might like Bella
**Kathryn**
keds723

Post by keds723 »

Not at all. I only get quesy on HOW the blood comes out IE needles or something like that.

No, I didn't really think that Edward was that sort of vampire, and I can't really remember if I knew him too much at this point. Rereading this, I was really impressed. He seemed to laugh it off, and nowhere did Bella say he looked intense or whatever. I thought it was funny when he was like, "Bella, leave, trust me!" Haha

I totally agree. He seems like he is so much older by the way his character was written into the dialogue especially.

I thought he gave up a lot this chapter and let himself go around Bella. It's where you first start seeing the real Edward emerge. It was nice :)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? Nope

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? Nope. I thought it was sweet of him to help her.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? Yes. She seems very mature for her age.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters? I like how he seems to be more open w/her & can joke around w/her.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

Ohhh yes.
No I wasn't afraid for her but I was very happy for her, it was very chivalrous.

I most definatley agree with that assessment, I think all of the years she spent taking care of Renee rubbed off on her.

I loved how he was, I had butterflies the whole time I was reading it.
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella