Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Casanova
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

A New Guy.

Post by Casanova »

How did you pick your screen name?
- I've played a few Vampire games, Casanova was always the alias I went by in those instances, just sounded like a good vampire name.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
- I was at the Customer Service desk in Barnes & Noble reserving a book when I noticed her wearing a button that read "I was *bitten* by Breaking Dawn". I asked her about it as well as a few other employees and they said it was amazing.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
- So far, Edward, I haven't finished the first book yet but he is just the way he displays his vampire strengths while at the same time showing this infinite love for someone he can barely resist, it just amazes me.

Who is your favorite minor character?
- Not quite sure, I mean like I said I haven't finished Twilight. None of the other characters are as likable to me as the Cullen family. I'll just say Emmett (and I might get flamed for saying he's a minor character), he's just this bear of a man that fears nothing.

What are your hobbies?
- Strength and Conditioning, Yoga, Film Acting, Video Games, and Reading.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
- Michigan

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
- Early 20's

Anything else you would like to share?
- (Might contain a minor spoiler if you haven't read the first book) Heh, yes in fact. I only really started delving into novels a few years ago. That being said, I restricted myself purely to medieval fantasy novels, R.A. Salvatore above all others.

Don't get me wrong, I loved ninety percent of the novels I read, they excited me and stirred emotions of all kinds, things I didn't think a book could accomplish.

Now I've always been a sucker for love movies (I know I'm a guy and that's weird), but nothing prepared me for what was waiting behind the cover of "Twilight." When I first started reading it, I didn't think much of it, mainly because it was written in the first person and for a younger audience, so it seemed simpler than the books I'd been reading. However as I read on, I began to really feel for Bella's story, finding a particular interest in the Cullen family and why they acted the way they did. Then, I read as Bella and Edward revealed their feelings for each other for the first time. The love between these two was so passionate, so strong, that it stirred my heart in ways nothing else has. How many of us long to find our Bella/Edward? Longing to love someone so deeply and to have that love returned equally.

This book was so good that I almost finished it in one sitting. I can only hope that the rest of the novels are just as good.

I searched for this forum specifically to find people like you guys; like minded readers who aren't afraid to jump into books like these and surrender their emotions to the fate of the pages.

I'm looking forward to this community.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: A New Guy.

Post by Elizabeth »

Hi Casanova! Welcome to the Lex! If you email the administrators, you can get the TwiGuy rank, guys are outnumbered here, but definitely welcome. Where are you from? If you wanna chat, send me a message. See you around the forums!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed. We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal.

Make sure you check out the Newcomer's Guide. It will help you navigate the site. Meyer's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the Timeline was really interesting too.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Sophie Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sophie Cullen »

Welcome to not only the Lexicon, but also to the Twilight Universe!! You really do need to read Stephenie's Personal Correspondence. She explains so much in that, it's really incredible how much detail there is. ^_^
~Supporting Stephenie Meyer 100% Of The Way~
~Midnight Sun Virgin~
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad that you got into reading Twilight. It amazes me every day how I simply cannot get over my obsession!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Welcome!! It's always great to see new TwiGuys coming in. I couldn't agree with you more about Twilight... I had been hearing about the books for a while and finally picked it up as a spur of the moment buy. I'm in my early 20's also so I felt a little bit embarrassed to be picking up a YA novel, but wow was I surprised when I not only liked it, but LOVED it. I've always been a reader, but nothing has ever affected me like this, even remotely. I'm curious to hear how you will like the rest of the books. PM me if you'd like to chat. See you around the boards! :D
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Casanova
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Casanova »

Hey! Thanks for all the responses! I feel welcomed already. I noticed a few of you mentioned Stephenie's Personal Correspondence. Is that a novel that I can go out and buy or a correspondence she left online somewhere?

Heh, I've PMed the admin about my TwiGuy rank, we'll see how that goes!

Thanks again everyone.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

It's right here on the site: http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?page_id=17! Some pretty good stuff in there...
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

R. A. Salvatore? Have you read any of his Star Wars stuff? Those are the only books by him that I've read!

Welcome to the Lexicon!
-EB-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -EB- »

It's awesome how many guys are starting to join the fandom.

Welcome and I hope you have fun exploring (and finishing the books!)
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image