The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

okay i have this huge crush on this girl in my class and im not sure how she will take to me liking her... so i wasnt going to ask her out but maybe to grad.... do you think this will reck my friendship with her cause shes like my bff...
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Dunner, your friendship has already changed when you realized you liked her. You should talk to her about how you feel. If she returns the feelings, great! If she doesn't, give her the option to still be friends. But, talk to her. Tell what's been going on. Best of Luck! By the Way, I'm Jennifer.

Well, Did anything interesting happen in the last 25 pages of the last thread, cause that's about where I am catching up to you guys. hahaha... =D I love you all too much to stop reading now. So I'll finish over my three-day weekend.

Well, I have some news; this does mean something about Brad.
Today, I was giving out baggies of Valentine's day candy to my friends. (I think I gave out about 25 and I gave one to Mike too, I'll get to that in a minute) So, Brad is in the choir that I did not get into and today they were going to sing in a different town leaving before I normally see him. This morning he was talking to one of my friends after I gave her a baggie and talked to her I turned and gave him one too. Just being my usual shy self (Which I am shy with people I don't really know. Contrary to what some of my friends think), I turned and mumbled something along the lines of, "Brad, here's one for you" and Well I stand there awkwardly dangling a baggie and he opens his hand and I drop it in. My, my, my, he has beautiful hands. I have never been attracted to a guy's hands like this before. :oops: Then I scurried off to my other friends. When I turned back he isn't there anymore. Gosh, why am I so dang shy? I think I'll see him tomorrow at school for a fair the high school is hosting for elementary school kids. I get to work the registration tables because of my amazing bilingual-ness. *thumbs up* Oh, I added him on fb. And guess what book he likes that we all like here? One guess only! *wink*

Then Mike, oh dear dear Mike. Yesterday I had not one, not two, but EIGHT boxes of fruit and chocolate to carry to my car because of my amazing fundraising skills. So I am walking carrying two boxes and my friend is helping with another three when we run into Mike and two of his friends who I happen to be in a class with. I pled almost beg them to help me. Well Mike acting like a weak man takes my boxes whish were the lighter ones and goes with my friend to my car. So today, while I was giving out baggies I hand one to him saying thank you for helping yesterday. i think it freaked him out, which I thoroughly enjoyed, because he thought he was the only person to get one. Of course that is until he started talking to some friends that he realized two others had gotten one too. It was priceless. :D

So that is all my boy related news for today. =] I'll go back to reading all of your posts. HEART! And a HAPPY VALENITINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!! =D
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Christine...HAHAH. What Joey said made me LOL. That's so weird. And kind of crude. Haha. Jeez. Do boys really think that romance is all about sex? That's sad, and kind of really funny. Haha. Dakota is just a case of sour grapes. These boys you know are extremely forward. Haha. They really don't care if you know they like you!

Jennifer: Hehehe, I love how Mike freaked out. Nicely played, m'dear. ;] BRAD SOUNDS GREAT. Seriously. He likes Twilight? That's so cool. And I TOTALLY know what you mean! I love nice hands on guys. I'm not sure what it is, but hands and smiles are just two things on guys that can make me totally swoon (figuratively). Schmexy!

So, Britney is making me ask Rory out next weekend (he's skiing this weekend). :O I'm nervous. I brought up the possibility of me asking him out to her, and she said, "You have to do it. I am making you. If you don't, I will hit you...but not really. You still have to." Haha. So I will tell you how it goes. :O
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
lovemesomecullensss

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

DUNNER:
Welcome to our thread. :] I've had situations like yours before where my close guy friends have liked me. And honestly, it didn't change anything for me. I'd say just tell her how you feel about her. Be honest. If not, you'll only be tormenting yourself and you'll also never know if she secretly liked you or if it could work out. So just tell her how you feel. If she feels the same way, that's great. If not, don't get too discouraged. Tell her you wouldn't want to risk your friendship anyway and that you're fine just being friends. But yeah, just go for it. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :]

JENNIFER:
It's okay. Being shy around crushes (or people in general) isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it makes you more mysterious. ;] But at least you put yourself out there and gave him a V-Day baggie, right? That's worth something. So keep up that kind of behavior and you'll loosen up before you know it. :] As for Mike... LOL, poor guy. Haha. :]

MARIE:
I think asking Rory out is a great idea! And you wouldn't want to ask him out this weekend anyway, since it's Valentine's Day and that might be a little weird. So next weekend sounds perfect. ;] Don't worry about it too much, just be very casual about it and don't forget to report back. :]

Update:
Well, I think fate hates me.
So Andy can't take me home from the show tonight. Which I had already figured. So I didn't think I was going to be able to go. But my mom said if I could get Patrick and Sami to go to the matinee, then I could go. So I texted him last night to ask if he could possibly go to the matinee, and seeing as Patrick is the greatest person in the world, he said yes. So I'm still going to see Andy today.
BUT I've decided that I need to resign myself to the fact that Andy is CARA'S. I mean, obviously I already know that, but I've never really cared to acknowledge it. I've always rather wanted to just pretend that Andy was going to break up with Cara any day now. But obviously he's not. He LOVES her. And that's that. So I'm going to stop harassing him with so many text messages and trying to make him love me more. Because that's just not going to work. It kind of sucks, yeah. But if I really want him to be happy (and I do) then I need to just let him be happy with Cara and not worry about it.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Marie Britney's right! You have to ask Rory out ASAP, and then tell us everything that happens! :D

Christine The whole Dakota conversation is really werd! I can't believe he said that to you! Mega weird! And that Joey needs a bit of a kicking too! I hate it when boys make sexual jokes when they're not geting any! The worst one's are "Your mum" jokes! Have they crossed the pond yet or havn't you heard of them? It would be shockingly cruel if you're alone with Andy on Valentines Day! Would you turn down the oppurtunity though..... :lol: Think about that! Happy Valentines Day gorgeous! :D

Sam I' sorry about your cousin! That's seriously sucks! And your latin test sucks as well! At least you know you studied! Oh and by the way, it is you that posted that picture on the "What color are you eye's thread" I'm going to look like a goon if it isn't you! I left a reply though saying how much I liked them! :lol: Weird I know!

I'll up-date later! I have to go walk my dogs! Don't get too excited though!
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

up-date Okay, so I said I'd up-date although there's not a whole lot of need for one! The only romantic relationship I am having at the moment is with my fridge, or rather the contents of my fridge!
We've finally broken up from school which is a relief although I have this Mozart piece to learn for my music exam and it's going pretty badly! Anyway, I did have another one of my awkward meetings yesterday with my ex. I was in Tesco's (the social capital of my town) buying a DVD and some Tic-Tac's on a self service till and for the first time ever it messed up for me! The DVD was a 12 and I was supposed to have confirmation to buy it but I was in a rush so I didn't ask for it so the ****** till got all effed up! I got really frustrated and was huffing and puffing until I heard a voice saying "Do you want a hand with that?"
I turned and it was him (Tom) so I went red an go; "No, it's fine thank you!" But he just laughed at me took it off me and BOUGHT THE DVD FOR ME! No joke! I tried to give him the money but he wasn't having any of it!
It was really embarrassing! He then gives me this kind of squeeze and tells me I look super cute and then rode off on his bike! (In the direction of his "super-hot-senior-I'm-not-quite-sure-if-they're-going-out" girlfriend's house!)
Man it was annoying! I hope he doesn't think I can't work those tills! I am the master! :lol:
Anyway, sorry for the boring up-dates guys!
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
chr0matica
Settled in Forks

Post by chr0matica »

Haha, for once I will start actually commenting on people's posts...

Dunner: That's the same way I felt about my (almost) boyfriend Blake. My friend Chelsea (All4TeamEdward) finally told him I liked him even when I was afraid he would reject me. It turned out he liked me too, and I'm so glad she told him. I think you should think about all the consequences of asking her out... which would be better? Having her know you like her... or not?

That's all I really remember I wanted to say anything about, so I'll just wait for some more updates from people until I share my thoughts again.

Hmmm... my update... Valentine's Day passes by uneventful again. Not that I'd really care though, but my birthday is tomorrow :) 14! Yesterday Blake and I got into this huge discussion about why Valentine's Day is not as popular as holidays like Christmas... it was very interesting. :)

See, I've sorta been having doubts about liking Blake. I've always been sort of a philosophical person, and some days Blake can be really immature, and I was kind of worried that he didn't have the same mindset I do. I think I'm not even really looking for a "boyfriend" in him, in that sense. I just want somebody I can tell my thoughts to and have them understand.

Most of the people I associate myself with are just... empty shells of people. All they care about are materialistic things, like makeup, dates, homework, etc... I question a lot of things, and I didn't want Blake to just be one of those shells. I'm not looking for my soulmate in him, but... just being able to be comfortable with a guy would be a big improvement for me.

So we'll see. I was kind of hoping he'd ask me out by the end of the day, but maybe it's not the right time. Chelsea and Joe keep bothering him about me, so I actually told him that I was sorry they were doing that and that I didn't ask them to, and he was like, "Yeah, I kinda wish they would quit..."

So, as a note to Chelsea, please don't do that. o_0
lovemesomecullensss

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

GENNY:
Haha yes... We DEFNITELY have "your mom" jokes here... There was a whole TV show about it... Lol. Haha your tills story was very interesting, actually! I wonder what made him go up and just buy that for you? Totally random! You must have been looking REALLY cute today hahah. ;] But really, I wonder what that was all about... boys are so confusing, eh? Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! :]

ABBY:
I totally understand your logic. Having people truly understand you, people who value ideals and intellect, that's hard to find. It's good to have someone you can talk to about anything and everything and who will understand what you're trying to say. And I hope you find that person! Even if it isn't Blake. Which it may not be, and you can't MAKE him that person, no matter how much you may want to. If he isn't that person, then that's that. So I hope Chelsea lays off the "encouragement" haha and I hope you figure out exactly how you feel about Blake. :]

Update:
Our Town was pretty good. Hanging out with Patrick was really fun. We always have some type of weird/witty banter. Which I love haha. Sami was MIA, so we don't know what happened to her... And we waited afterward for Andy and Maggie... Maggie just blew right past us and didn't say anything. And Andy went out the back door. At first I thought he didn't know I was there, but then I texted him, "Thanks for disappearing on me," and he said, "Oh yeah, sorry, my mom hurt her ankle and I had to go." WHATEVER. That is such a lie. I know when Andy's lying and THAT was a lie. Even if his mom really HAD hurt her ankle, she's not the type of person to demand that he come be by her side right away, especially after a performance. And even if she HAD done that, he should have at least come out to say, "Hey, my mom hurt her ankle, sorry, gotta go." You know? Whatever. I'm... totally not happy with Andy right now. I just don't know what to think. Hope he's having fun with Cara tonight I guess...
I'm going to dinner and the movies tonight with a group of friends that will probably include Joey. So it should be pretty funy. As long as Joey doesn't do anything weird/creepy/awkward... Which he probably will. *sigh*
This has all just reminded me why I hate Valentine's Day.
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

*sigh Sorry I'm so late people. That bad link on the last thread didn't help much, but December fixed it! :D So I am now here. Oh and Happy V-Day to all!

Abby:Yeah I really am sorry about that...I still wish he would call you since he has ur number and all... ;)

*+*Update*+*

Well, being single sucks, but it's been a good day overall. I talked to Abby a while ago, and I mostly just watched TV, and rode my bike for a while. I sat by Tyler the other day at lunch, but he didn't really say anything. He's not much of a talker. But he doesn't really know anything about me, so I understand. I'm thinking about asking him to the Valentines Day dance we're having on the 26th(I know, super-late :roll: )but I don't know. We're having it late because we missed like a week of school because of all the snow. Also, we're having a field trip on Fri to go see a movie that I ,fortunately, get to go on. :) That'll be fun.

I have a question. Is it ok if I post a poem on here about Valentine's day? I think people might like it. ;)
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Ugh. Again, I'm sorry for not commenting on everyone. I'm tired..and it's been a long day. I'll edit this in the morning and comment on everyone else. Sorry :/

Logan: Hmm.. that's tough. You could take the chance- what the hell? But I know what you mean..and why you're nervous. I dated my best friend and it didn't end up well, so yeah.. okay, so that was completely unhelpfula dn probably made you feel (if anything) more confused. Sorry love

Right so....I was woken up about 12 times this morning by my parents. Ugh. And I went to the hospital to visit Tara. Which was scary. She looked horrible. Blah. I don't really want to think about it. I went to Tati's house later (David is in Canada, lol) though and baked cookies, watched movies, and such. So I got to spend V-day with 2 of my besties. So that was fun :] but now I'm tired and feeling kind of crappy. Valentine's Day is a bit of a bummer when you're single.

Hope y'all had good days though!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3