Chapter 7: Unexpected

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 7: Unexpected

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. (For those who have not had children): If you were in a committed relationship with someone nearly as perfect as Edward, how would you react to an unexpected pregnancy?
I love kids and if I was with someone like Edward and I knew I would be with them for a long time, I wouldn't mind being pregnant.

2. Was the pregnancy as unexpected for you as it was for Bella and Edward?
Yes, but I wasn't in as much shock as either of them was.

4. Both Bella and Edward act fiercely to protect the ones they love. Do you think it is right for Bella to protect her baby before considering Edward’s needs?
I hate to point this out but blood is thicker than water meaning that the relationship she shares with Renesmee is thicker than the relationship that she shares with Edward. My mom is the same way to a certain extent. She loves my Dad, but I think she'd go through more for me, her only child than for him.
dragonrider713
Wandering Through Town

Post by dragonrider713 »

1. (For those that have already had children): Before you had children, what were your thoughts and feelings about child bearing? How are these thoughts similar and different to Bella’s thoughts? Did those change when you learned you were pregnant like they did for Bella?

I guess I'm skipping this one.

2. (For those who have not had children): If you were in a committed relationship with someone nearly as perfect as Edward, how would you react to an unexpected pregnancy?

I would probably freak at first, but if I was in a realtionship like Edward and Bella's, I wouldn't be too worried.

3. Was the pregnancy as unexpected for you as it was for Bella and Edward?

Hell yeah it was! None of us ever thought that a vampire could empregnate a human.

4. Both Bella and Edward act fiercely to protect the ones they love. Do you think it is right for Bella to protect her baby before considering Edward’s needs?

I think Bella's protectiveness of the baby was instinctive; she didn't really give it much thought.I couldn't say whether or not it was right.
azerigold
Settled in Forks

Post by azerigold »

1. Guess I am the oddball. I have 3 kids. Before I had kids, I never saw myself as a mom. I enjoyed working whatever hours I wanted at my job, hanging out with my friends when I wasn't working, and the freedom.
BUT, when I had my oldest daughter, my life forever changed. There is NOTHING in this world I would want to trade them for, nothing. I'd die to protect them if it came down to a life or death decision. I would definitely have done the same as Bella.

2. I'll answer this one anyway... If I were in a situation just like Bella, I would have acted the same way as her. Everyone gets scared in pregnancy, but for most I believe, we all feel that connection, we gain that instinct, and once the baby is more 'real' to us in our womb, the instincts flare, and you feel more protective than ever. So really in a situation with someone like Edward, or even just a boyfriend who isn't as great, for me, I would feel the same way. That is my baby, a new page in my life :)

3. My pregnancies were all unexpected, but I wouldn't change a thing. I had different problems with each one, well not problems, but obsticles, and they all required c-sections so I guess I can relate to Bella on that one! Of course after you've had 2 c-sections you can't ever have a natural birth, and as my luck goes.. my last would have been the only one I could have had naturally...

4. YES! Of course I do! I would have acted no differently! Again, I would die for my kids if that is what it came down to. They are my whole world. I am lucky to be a stay at home mom with my youngest, we are together every single day, and I can't imagine being away from her more than a few hours.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. (For those that have already had children): Before you had children, what were your thoughts and feelings about child bearing? How are these thoughts similar and different to Bella’s thoughts? Did those change when you learned you were pregnant like they did for Bella? Have to wait a few years for this one.

2. (For those who have not had children): If you were in a committed relationship with someone nearly as perfect as Edward, how would you react to an unexpected pregnancy? I would have the baby. I love babies.

3. Was the pregnancy as unexpected for you as it was for Bella and Edward? YES!!!!

4. Both Bella and Edward act fiercely to protect the ones they love. Do you think it is right for Bella to protect her baby before considering Edward’s needs? Yes, she should protect that baby!! It's her baby!! I mean come on!!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. (For those that have already had children): Before you had children, what were your thoughts and feelings about child bearing? How are these thoughts similar and different to Bella’s thoughts? Did those change when you learned you were pregnant like they did for Bella? N/A

2. (For those who have not had children): If you were in a committed relationship with someone nearly as perfect as Edward, how would you react to an unexpected pregnancy? Well considering I don't believe in abortion & would only be married to ever get in that situation I would be happy & extatic about a baby coming a long.

3. Was the pregnancy as unexpected for you as it was for Bella and Edward? YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't believe it at first. I was like what the?

4. Both Bella and Edward act fiercely to protect the ones they love. Do you think it is right for Bella to protect her baby before considering Edward’s needs? Of course it's right for Bella to protect that baby that's what she wanted, but she didn't know what Edward was thinking & him her & that this pregnancy could be dangerous for her. But I think if Edward talked to her about his fears & what Carlisle said he wouldn't have to find out from Rosalie that she wanted it. I found it interesting they didn't really talk about it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

1. (For those that have already had children): Before you had children, what were your thoughts and feelings about child bearing? How are these thoughts similar and different to Bella’s thoughts? Did those change when you learned you were pregnant like they did for Bella?

No kids yet!

2. (For those who have not had children): If you were in a committed relationship with someone nearly as perfect as Edward, how would you react to an unexpected pregnancy?

I would be thrilled =) Of course, I'm 29 this year and I want to be pregnant soon, so I might be a bit biased. If I was 18 like Bella, I would probably be a bit freaked out at being pregnant so young.

I kinda saw it coming, with her throwing up and eating habits.

4. Both Bella and Edward act fiercely to protect the ones they love. Do you think it is right for Bella to protect her baby before considering Edward’s needs?[/b]

At the same time that I understand Bella's instinct to protect her baby, I wish she could have been more considerate towards Edward's feelings. I wish she could have talked to Edward more and explained to him why she feels this was the right thing to do, rather than just stubbornly refuse to even hear him out. When she said her wedding vows, I expected her to put Edward first in everything, even before herself, that is what marriage is about. So even if she does not agree with him, she should have made more or an effort to make Edward suffer less.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
chirogirl
Settled in Forks

Post by chirogirl »

I wasn't sure if I really wanted to have children, but after I met my hubs, he wanted to have at least 2. When I got pregnant the 1st time (I have 2, my son is 5 and my daughter is 20 months) I was so excited and knew at that point that I couldn't wait to see my baby! So I can relate to her, she wasn't sure about having kids at 1st and then when she found out that she was, she was immediatly feeling a connection to her and Edward's baby!

No, we were actually trying.

I think that they are both very overwhelmed. Edward knows something that Bella may not at this point...It is very strange that she would have a "bump" and feel movements already. Edward seems to worry about Bella's safety, and what this baby may do to her. Bella is feeling a connection to the baby, so I can understand her wanting to protect it, she may not know what she is getting herself into....can't wait to see what happens next!
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I haven't had children yet so I wouldnt know

-IF and only if I was in a relationship like the one Edward and Bella have, I probably wouldn't be as upset, or scared/nervous/flipping out and I would probably be happy right away.

-YES, yes yes !

-I think that maybe Bella should've at least thought and considered Edwards thoughts a tiny bit more, but either way her desicion wouldve been the same.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Alphie wrote:1. (For those that have already had children): Before you had children, what were your thoughts and feelings about child bearing? How are these thoughts similar and different to Bella’s thoughts? Did those change when you learned you were pregnant like they did for Bella?
Sorry. No kids here. :)
Alphie wrote:2. (For those who have not had children): If you were in a committed relationship with someone nearly as perfect as Edward, how would you react to an unexpected pregnancy?
Hmm. Well I would probably freak out, because this would mean I got her pregnant... :oops: But hopefully it'd turn out well.
Alphie wrote:3. Was the pregnancy as unexpected for you as it was for Bella and Edward?

No- I was already expecting it since the previous chapter. :)
Alphie wrote:4. Both Bella and Edward act fiercely to protect the ones they love. Do you think it is right for Bella to protect her baby before considering Edward’s needs?
I don't think it was a matter of right or wrong. A mother's love for her child is a force of nature- she will do anything and everything for her child.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I don't have kids so I'll answer the next one.

I think it would be perfectly fine for her situation because she doesn't necessarily have to worry about a job or doing anything with her life because she is going to eventually become a vampire. But in the real world I would be kind of upset with the fact that it would ruin any future for the rest of college and beyond because I will have to take care of a kid. I feel that since I was in a committed relationship I would be able to handle it better than I would though if I didn't have such a relationship.

I had my suspicions like I said before, but kind of? I was shocked at the pregnancy but I could see it coming.

The baby is a part of her and I really was on the fence about whose side I was on about keeping the baby the whole time so I'm not exactly sure I can answer this that well.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.