Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Aro

Post by Twilight<3 »

The wives aren't as important as the main three. They don't have much power - they were only brought along to be protected rather than be left unprotected in Volterra.

So, have you two decided who is the bigger Aro-lover yet? Alcylone and Tegan, that is.
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

Alcyone wrote:
Tegan wrote:I wish that Stephenie had talked more about the wives. It's almost as if they were just shadows. There was no real point to them in the story. I wouldn't have thought that she would have mentioned them unless they were important.

Same here. I imagined that, due to their being mentioned, they would play a larger role in the end. At least have them speak. Marcus spoke to everyone's shock. Why not them? *sigh*

Sigh indeed. They're meant to be part of the Volturi, the most powerful coven in existance, and they didn't even get to voice their opinions. I wonder if they would have joined the fight if their mates had been injured?
...If there had been a fight, that is.

Twilight<3 wrote:The wives aren't as important as the main three. They don't have much power - they were only brought along to be protected rather than be left unprotected in Volterra.

So, have you two decided who is the bigger Aro-lover yet? Alcylone and Tegan, that is.

Stephenie shouldn't have even created them if they weren't going to be anything other then meaningless, gliding figures. That way, we could have simply assumed that they were mateless, and be left with a clear concience. Then again, I want to know everything, down to the smallest detail, about the Volturi. Decisions are hard :/

And you know that you ship Aro and I, Evey ^^
Last edited by Tegan on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
anoreth
Settled in Forks

Post by anoreth »

Could you please tell me where you read about Didyme, Marcus, and Aro?
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

It can be found on the Breaking Dawn F.A.Q. on Stephenie's site. Here is a link.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

I thought the purpose of the wives was just to add to the Volturi's relatability. Aro, Caius, and Marcus are the "villains" of the story- they're cruel monsters. I think giving them wives makes them not so heartless in a sense, they are at least dedicated to one other person they may consider more important than themselves. I think a character becomes more endearing when you know they love, or at least committed to, someone else and vice versa. I hope someone gets where I'm going with this...
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Tegan wrote:Lunna-san (why not chan?), are you a collector? My dad collects coins (ooh, pretty shiny), and some people would think that he was mad for buying something that's worth added up to $3.85 for over $80. On the other hand, my dad probably thinks that $80 is a perfectly reasonable price for a 1975 (or whatever. I don't collect coins) mint set.

I don't know if this counts, but I skip my lunch every day at school in order to hoard up my money so that I can spend it on nice things later.

A collector may do crazy things in order to add to their collection, but never unreasoable.
I'm not a collector, but I think I got what you said. Very interesting. In fact, your comment just made Aro look even creepier than he already was to me. He enjoys collecting vampires, I mean, people. He surrounds himself with gifted vampires and is always looking for more, a new aquisition to his overpowerful army.I think, for him, everyone is part of his collection. He doesn't see them as people. Okay, vampires. But even normal vampires have feelings. Aro knows them probably more than anyone and still, their lives are something dismissible. It's scary.
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

CantBreathe wrote:I think giving them wives makes them not so heartless in a sense, they are at least dedicated to one other person they may consider more important than themselves. I think a character becomes more endearing when you know they love, or at least committed to, someone else and vice versa. I hope someone gets where I'm going with this...

Hmm, yes, that does make sense. Knowing that a character has a weakness also makes them more relatable, I guess. I've loved Aro since way before Breaking Dawn. It's hard to see things from other people's points of view sometimes.

Lunna-san wrote:Aro knows them probably more than anyone and still, their lives are something dismissible. It's scary.

Haha, it is very scary. I find that intriguing , however. Without those certain traits, Aro wouldn't be Aro, and imagine how horrible the world would be then!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i love Aro, with all his creepy-ness. he is quite interesting actaully. I love to hear about him
Does anyone know how old he was when he was changed into a vampire? :D
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

malaz wrote:Does anyone know how old he was when he was changed into a vampire? :D

Hmm, I'm guessing around 25-30. It doesn't really mention it anywhere. ^^
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Okay, I have a question to get the conversation going...

Do you think Aro is the hero or the villian and why?