Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Target

Post by Jadey »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was?
When it wasn't a scent that Edward knew, I thought it was probably a newborn. Not sure who made it though at the time. At first I thought it was Victoria.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
No, ofcourse he would freak. Im glad he apologised though.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
Edward was doing it to keep Bella safe. He was being selfless. Jacob did it so he could see Bella. He was being selfish.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation?
Shocked. But I would start hyperventilating because to get a Vampire and a Werewolf working together then the situation must be pretty dangerous. Dangerous because of me.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I thought it was Alice at first, but when Bella found that her things were missing I figued it was either Victoria or someone working for her.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
Yes, I think he was a little hars on her. I knind of think she should have been watching out for things that might hurt Bella, especially since she knows Victoria is looking for her. However, Alice already has so much to keep on eye out for that everything can't be her responsibility.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?

I'm not surprised they decided to work together. They both have the desire to keep Bella safe, and the warewolves are really the only others, besides the Cullens, that can keep Bella safe. It is sort of sad that Bella has to be in real danger for them to get along, but it's good that they are trying.

I'd probably feel like a small child that they were trying to look out for. I'd probably be greatful they were trying to protect me and at the same time worried for their safety.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I thought it had something to do with Victoria. Not that it was her since Edward didn't know the scent, but something connected to her.

Yes, he was. And he also admitted that and apologized for it. Og course he was so freaked out by Bella being in danger that he probably wasn't thinking straight. Like Alice said, he has her watching a lot of things and she may begin to slip. And she can't see something she doesn't know she should be looking for.

I think it's good that they could set their personal differences aside and cooperate to protect Bella. It shows just how much they both care for her. They saw that they needed to work together to stop whatever was after Bella.

I would be happy that they were trying, but also a bit scared since it had to be something big to make them work together. They weren't likely to become friends at this point, them working together was just a necessity.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was? I figured it out right away that they took her clothes for her scent

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not? At first but he was upset he did calm down didn't he?

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together? ABOUT TIME!

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation? ABOUT TIME! Then I would have been disappointed when Edward insisted on leaving when Jacob got there because I'd allowed myself to hope that they could actually be friends.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

someone from the voltui, probably someone caius sent, to see if bella was human.

yes, but i dont blame him. he was worried about bella adn just took it out on alice. :lol:

interesting. it was weird to see how jacob was willing to work with edward. but, since it was for bella he probably didnt care.

i have no clue!! :lol:
Betting on Alice.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

A vampire who wanted to know why the Cullens were always around her.

Yeah, it's not her fault that she missed something.

It was nice, Bellas love and best friend working together.

I would feel weired out.
**Kathryn**
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I didn't really know. I thought it might have been Victoria, but then Edward said it wasn't her. So I was confused!! :lol:

He was a bit yeah. But it was only because Bella could have gotten hurt. And he did apologise to Alice so that made it a little better.

I thought they were both being very mature by puting their differences aside to work together. It must have been a relief for Bella to not have to worry about them arguing with each other.

I would have felt a bit left out! :lol: But glad that they were getting on with one another (and maybe a little supsicious about why they were suddenly getting on together... :lol: )
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Um, I wasn't really sure. My predictions are usually off, and it was two years ago when I first read this. Gosh, I'm helpful. :roll:
Yes! I can understand that he's really worried and angry, but it's not her fault. She doesn't always see everything, and it was planned perfectly so that she wouldn't see it. Having the entire family rely on your inaccurate talent must always be very stressful for Alice.
They work together because they both want the same thing: Bella to be safe. They still don't like each other, and they disagree on pretty much everything else, but they both realize that the vampires and the werewolves can do different things to protect Bella, and leaving out the werewolves would be dangerous.
Surprised, and kind of confused. I mean, they always hate each other, and now all of a sudden, they're like, "Oh, let's work together on this." Where the heck did that come from???!!
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

I thought possibly the Volturi,.. wasn't really sure about Victoria though.

Pretty much yeah,.. He relies too much on Alice,.. and she can't see everything. He knows she is already keeping an eye on so many things. I can imagine he was pretty stressed out and peole tend to take things out on people.

They both love Bella,.. so I wasn't completely shocked by it. Edward knows Jacob would do anything to keep Bella save, just as much as him.

Maybe relieved that this could be the beginning of something new.. working together; even being able to talk on the phone.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I went with the Volturi.

Yes, he was too harsh, it wasn't fair of him. I could understand his frustration though.

It felt sudden, but logical.

I wouldn't be too happy with it all going on without me having a say in it.