General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by CantBreathe »

Oh boy, so many good ones listed here, but I have a new one!

Twilight, pg. 314
"You were very deeply asleep; I didn't miss anything." His eyes gleamed. "The talking came earlier."
I groaned. "What did you hear?"
His gold eyes grew very soft. "You said you loved me."
"You knew that already," I reminded him, ducking my head.
"It was nice to hear, just the same."
I hid my face against his shoulder.
"I love you," I whispered.
"You are my life now," he answered simply.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

CantBreathe wrote:Oh boy, so many good ones listed here, but I have a new one!

Twilight, pg. 314
"You were very deeply asleep; I didn't miss anything." His eyes gleamed. "The talking came earlier."
I groaned. "What did you hear?"
His gold eyes grew very soft. "You said you loved me."
"You knew that already," I reminded him, ducking my head.
"It was nice to hear, just the same."
I hid my face against his shoulder.
"I love you," I whispered.
"You are my life now," he answered simply.
OMG I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a few more of my favs
"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason....And then then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there as no more reason for anything."

Here is one that is a little more funny then romantic but still romantic
"But if you ever bring her back damaged again-and I don't care whose fault it is; I don't care if she merely trips, or if a meteor falls out of the sky and hits her in the head-if you return her to me in less than the perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs. Do you understand that mongrel?"

"I'd never seen anything more beautiful---even as I ran, gasping and screaming, I could appreciate that. And the last seven months meant nothing. And his words in the forest meant nothing. And it did not matter if he did not want me. I would never want anything but him, no matter how long I lived."

New Moon quotes are some of the most romantic ones even though that was like the saddest book ever and I cried pretty much during every chapter (like I've said I'm a wuss and a softy for romance =])
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I dont have my book with me right now...it's not the most romantic but one of my fav romance-ish parts is their first lunch together. =]] soo cute!
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Heidi
Settled in Forks

Post by Heidi »

There are so many but one that stands out in particular for me is in Eclipse, which comprises most of chapter 20 "Compromise", when they are spending their first night alone together, at his house. He lifts her into his arms from the truck and begins kissing her without pause, while taking her bag and carrying her into the house, along with him adding his "representation" to the bracelet Jacob gave her, then her attempt to seduce him.
Heidi~*bringing new meaning to the words "fisher of men"*~-"Call me for your Volterra vacation - Castle tours offered daily! Meet the ancients,they would love you stay for dinner!"
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

There are several scenes in the series that are down right romantic but the wedding ranks up there in my top five.

All I saw was Edward's face, it filled my vision and overwhelmed my mind. His eyes were a buttery, burning gold; his perfect face was almost severe with the depth of his emotion. And then, as he met my awed gaze, he broke into a breathtaking smile of exultation...............then Edward's hand reached up to cradle my face, carefully as if it were delicate as the white petals swaying above our heads. I tried to comprehend, through the film of tears blinding me, the surreal fact that this amazing person was mine. His golden eyes looked as if they would have tears, too, if such a thing were not impossible. He bent his head toward mine,..... He kissed me tenderly, adoring; I forgot the crowd, the place, the reason...only remembering that he loved me, that he wanted me, that I was his.

Breaking Dawn pg 48-50

As I read this for the first time, I remember smiling like a moron because I was so excited for her. Then the way he looked at her was so beautiful. A truly breathtaking scene.

Lol :lol:, Heidi, love your signature.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Heidi
Settled in Forks

Post by Heidi »

Kachiti wrote: Lol :lol:, Heidi, love your signature.
Thanks! I'm thinking of having a shirt made...heh
Heidi~*bringing new meaning to the words "fisher of men"*~-"Call me for your Volterra vacation - Castle tours offered daily! Meet the ancients,they would love you stay for dinner!"
Nala
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nala »

edward x lover wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:
"I'd never seen anything more beautiful---even as I ran, gasping and screaming, I could appreciate that. And the last seven months meant nothing. And his words in the forest meant nothing. And it did not matter if he did not want me. I would never want anything but him, no matter how long I lived."
*sobs*
how long did we have to suffer (with Bella) while we read new moon to get to this passage...

yes, definitly ... true and unconditional love...
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!
Puppy_cakes
Settled in Forks

Post by Puppy_cakes »

Ok, I cant quote or write the page number or anything, but this is my FAVORITE part in the whole book of Breaking Dawn, No, the WHOLE series!

It's when Edward falls in love with hiis child. I think there is no more intimate moment between a man and a woman then when they realize that they are parents. I think it is the strongest bond and it is unbreakable. (....until you get divorced.) I was so scared that he was going to hate his own child, that I almost didn't read it. Thank God Edward came to his sexy, vampy senses!

What can I say? Im a sucker for good Fathers!

(First post woot!)
Help Me Find the Godiva Twilight Chocolate! I looking EVERYWHERE! I need to serve it at the Twilight Movie premiere party! Whatkind of hostess would I be? Thanks!
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Kachiti wrote:There are several scenes in the series that are down right romantic but the wedding ranks up there in my top five.

All I saw was Edward's face, it filled my vision and overwhelmed my mind. His eyes were a buttery, burning gold; his perfect face was almost severe with the depth of his emotion. And then, as he met my awed gaze, he broke into a breathtaking smile of exultation...............then Edward's hand reached up to cradle my face, carefully as if it were delicate as the white petals swaying above our heads. I tried to comprehend, through the film of tears blinding me, the surreal fact that this amazing person was mine. His golden eyes looked as if they would have tears, too, if such a thing were not impossible. He bent his head toward mine,..... He kissed me tenderly, adoring; I forgot the crowd, the place, the reason...only remembering that he loved me, that he wanted me, that I was his.

Breaking Dawn pg 48-50

As I read this for the first time, I remember smiling like a moron because I was so excited for her. Then the way he looked at her was so beautiful. A truly breathtaking scene.

Lol :lol:, Heidi, love your signature.
oh god....i just choked up SO MUCH right now XD
how sad is that even though i've read it A BILLION TIMES!? lol oh SM....getting me every time :roll:

That was one of my favorite romantic parts from BD but from per book...
as someone mentioned before in Eclipse the first night they spend alone- i swear i was swooning so bad when Edward takes Bella from the truck & doesn't stop kissing her... :oops: and i also melted when Edward gave Bella the crystal heart to add to her bracelet...then of course died pf laughter at her sad attempt to seduce Edward XD

From New Moon definitely the part where Edward explains to Bella how much he missed her...and Bella's realization that he DOES love her...*sigh*

From twilight- definitely the ENTIRE meadow scene chapter, including their first kiss!!

*wow...im sucha sap!*
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

miola619

I laughed at Edward's comment about Bella trying to seduce him too. :lol:
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.