Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by ringswraith »

Thanks Jazz Girl! Much obliged. :)
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

(I also posted this question in the Carlisle and Esme threads, about them of course, haha)

What part of the Saga would you like to read from Alice's POV? Why? (and I mean of what goes on in the Saga... I would automatically answer that I want to hear about how she turned and finding Jasper and finding the Cullens, etc... but that didn't happen in the Saga... ;) )
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

roseaurora wrote:(I also posted this question in the Carlisle and Esme threads, about them of course, haha)

What part of the Saga would you like to read from Alice's POV? Why? (and I mean of what goes on in the Saga... I would automatically answer that I want to hear about how she turned and finding Jasper and finding the Cullens, etc... but that didn't happen in the Saga... ;) )
That's a good question, but a hard one because I would like to read ALL of the saga from Alice's POV. A few parts I think would be particularly good:

In Twilight:
When Bella ditches them in the airport in Phoenix. Did Alice know Bella was going to ditch them and let it happen? If so, what were her thoughts? If not, what was she thinking?

In NM:
When Edward decides they should leave Forks. I'd like to see Alice's reaction. Did she fight him on it at all, since Bella was her best friend and she knew Bella would be miserable? Or, did she just accept it and know that eventually they would end up together.
When Alice sees Bella jumping off the cliff and decides to return to forks. I'd like to see Alice's thoughts immediately after seeing that as well as when she sees that Bella is alive.

In Eclipse:
When Edward asks Alice to "kidnap" Bella. Did Alice do it because of Edward or did she agree that Bella was in danger with Jacob? What were her thoughts when Bella left school with Jacob. Did she consider going after them?

When Alice warns Edward that Bella is going to see Jacob and Edward proceeds to disable Bella's engine. What were her thoughts? Was she torn between loyalty to her brother and her best friend, or was it an easy decision to tell Edward? Did she honestly think Bella was in danger and she was saving her, or did she just think Edward would want to know?

When they were discussing strategy for the fight with the newborns and Jasper was giving instruction. I'd like to see Alice's thoughts with regards to Jasper, i.e. pride that he's so strong and brave, fear that he will get hurt, annoyance that he feels the need to protect her. I'd also like to see what she was thinking when she told Bella that she would tell Edward if Bella's plans got any more defined.

In BD:

I'd really like to see the time her and Jasper spent away from the others. I think it would show us more of their relationship. They are more private than the others and we might see another dimension if it were just them.

Obviously, that's a lot and a really long answer. If I had to choose just one book. I'm really torn between NM and Eclipse. I'm going to say Eclipse
MaryAuksi
Settled in Forks

Post by MaryAuksi »

What part of the Saga would you like to read from Alice's POV? Why?

I'd love to have her POV in almost all the books (the exception would be Eclipse)

Twilight:
The time when Bella leaves Alice & Jasper in Phoenix. I'd love to know if she saw that coming (in my opinion, she did).

New Moon:
Starting from when she sees Bella jump off the cliff and ending when they get to Volterra.

Breaking Dawn:
Starting from when she drags Jasper out of the house till the time that she comes back. It would be great to know if she dragged Jasper out because she already knew what was coming along or if she really couldn't see anything because of Jacob & Renesmee. And all the planning that she did for Bella would be awesome to read about as well.

But if I had to pick one book, then it would be Breaking Dawn.
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Alice question:

Alice had been Bella's best friend throughout the series. Alice told Bella she was like a sister to her. Alice had looked out for Bella numerous times, protecting her and helping her. Alcie had taken Bella's side over Edward's, i.e. when she voted in favor of Bella becoming a vampire. Then, in BD, Bella gets pregnant and calls Rosalie, who neither Alice nor Bella seemed particularly fond of. After this, Alice and Bella barely interacted during her pregnancy. The Alice we all know and love, was somewhat MIA. Based on previous books, I would have imagined Alice giving pregnant Bella makeovers so she looked good even though she felt awful, choosing a maternity wardrobe and cute little baby clothes, talking to Bella about the future, trying to help choose baby names. But we didn't see any of that. What was going on? Were Alice's feelings hurt since Bella kind of chose Rosalie over Alice, as a confidante and protector? Was Alice simply avoiding Bella because she got headaches from Renesmee? Did Alice disagree with Bella's decision to keep the baby against Edward's wishes, and therefore she avoided the situation? What does everyone think? Am i the only one who noticed this?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

eclipseRox, I don't think at all you're the only one who noticed. I know I did. I can't say I was disappointed in Alice's role in BD, but I was a bit peaved at first. But, the more I read BD, the more I really attribute Alice's "absence" to two primary factors, both of which really make me empathize with Alice. First, as you pointed out, being around Bella gives Alice headaches. As a vampire, I can imagine it is pretty frustrating feeling any sort of physical discomfort at all, as they are most likely not used to feeling any kind of weakness. Also, I am willing to bet that vampire headaches are a little more intense than the ones you or I would get. And, Alice has shown us before how much she hates feeling like a weak link. Add in that I am pretty sure that, as soon as they got back to the house, Bella and Edward and Carlisle were probably all asking her how things would work out, if Bella would live, what the baby would be and so on. Not being able to see, to fulfill what she saw as her role in the family would be infuriating to Alice, particularly because she couldn't make the ones she loved most feel better. So, even though she wants to be there to help her sister as much as she can, she can't stand to feel weak and useless, so she removes herself from the situation.

The second and most important factor is her feeling about Bella's decision. Alice clearly agrees with Edward as far as what "the...fetus" is going to do to Bella. And, I think she more than anyone else realizes what that will do to Edward, too. She sees losing her favorite brother and sister in one fell swoop because Bella is being her normal crazy, stubborn self. But, in this case, the consequences are going to be devastating. And, a part of her cannot watch that.

I think there are a few minor factors, as well. If you notice, Jasper is never a part of Bella's bedside contingent either. I think the tension and anxiety in the house is driving him a little over the edge as well, so she is doing what she can to comfort him, as well. And, I honestly see Alice resenting the hell out of how Rosalie is behaving, coming between Edward and Bella with the lame excuse that she is protecting Bella. She can't stand to watch Edward in so much pain, particularly at the hands of another family member. But, she knows, again, there isn't a damned thing she can do about it. So, she becomes the "vampire bat in the belfry." At least, that's how I see it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

roseaurora wrote:(I also posted this question in the Carlisle and Esme threads, about them of course, haha)

Twilight & New Moon.

Because we get a taste of that in MS and I really want to know what was discussed while Carlisle was stitching up Bella. What the conversation was between her, Edward & Jasper. The arguments against Edward leaving and how, I think, it tore Alice up to leave Bella, too. The vision of Bella jumping off the cliff - just all of it.

But mostly those two books from her POV.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Which part of the saga do I want fr Alice's POV?

Lots! I agree with what everyone has said. But if I had to choose one, I would have to say BD, this way we can see the interaction between Alice and Jasper outside of the Cullen family. It would be similar to their lives before they went to find the Cullens, this time they are looking for another hybrid. It would be a more private and intimate look at their relationship.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

MaryAuksi wrote:What part of the Saga would you like to read from Alice's POV? Why?

I'd love to have her POV in almost all the books (the exception would be Eclipse)

Twilight:
The time when Bella leaves Alice & Jasper in Phoenix. I'd love to know if she saw that coming (in my opinion, she did).

New Moon:
Starting from when she sees Bella jump off the cliff and ending when they get to Volterra.

Breaking Dawn:
Starting from when she drags Jasper out of the house till the time that she comes back. It would be great to know if she dragged Jasper out because she already knew what was coming along or if she really couldn't see anything because of Jacob & Renesmee. And all the planning that she did for Bella would be awesome to read about as well.

But if I had to pick one book, then it would be Breaking Dawn.

i totally agree. it would be so awesome to read that espicially breaking dawn.
i love alice she has all the best qualities compared to the other characters
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Does anyone has any theory on who might the old vampire that transformed Alice might be, and why SM has decided to make her fate this way, and yet not develop this part of the plot?