Awkward Moments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Awkward Moments

Post by rain.on.me »

Whenever i go to babysit my 2 year old cousin, my aunt or uncle will come to my house to pick me up, and then take me home afterwards. Well, the babysitting is fine, but the car rides inbetween are soo awkward. they both try to make conversation with me but because i am so socially inept and shy, even around my own family, its just extremely awkward and eventually we just sit in silence. i can only imagine what they say about me when im not around :shock:

Sorry its not funny, but its awkward, like it should be.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

rain.on.me wrote:Whenever i go to babysit my 2 year old cousin, my aunt or uncle will come to my house to pick me up, and then take me home afterwards. Well, the babysitting is fine, but the car rides inbetween are soo awkward. they both try to make conversation with me but because i am so socially inept and shy, even around my own family, its just extremely awkward and eventually we just sit in silence. i can only imagine what they say about me when im not around.
Hahaha. Oh, you poor thing. I totally know what you mean.

There was an awkward moment today at work. One of my friends was in the back crying because the manager basically told her that she was too fat for her shirt and I didn't know what the hell to say or do. I'm terrible around crying people because I'm not good at giving them what they want to hear. I usually just end up telling them to get over it because seriously, what else can they do?

:?
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Omgawd, you guys.

I was just getting my clothes out of the dryer and I started belting out the end tune of the 1982 movie Annie. Together at last! Together forever! We're tying a knot they never can sever!

And all of a sudden I hear "Really." coming from my mom's room which is right on the other side of the door.
I thought she was in the living room! :oops:
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

Black wrote:Omgawd, you guys.

I was just getting my clothes out of the dryer and I started belting out the end tune of the 1982 movie Annie. Together at last! Together forever! We're tying a knot they never can sever!

And all of a sudden I hear "Really." coming from my mom's room which is right on the other side of the door.
I thought she was in the living room! :oops:

HAHAHA I've done that before, with some really crazy songs too. But anywho my story. I was six years old, it was a typical day at my private school (the alice christian school) and it was just getting to be the end of lunch. I needed to go to the bathroom, so I head on up to do just that, minding my own buisness. I step into the bathroom and head over towards a stall. Just as I was about to enter it, these two girls came in (i forget their name now) but I hated them, hated them because they were notorious for turning off the lights in the bathroom. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but the bathroom got pitch black when the lights went out, and it scared me. Bloody pranksters. They see me and act all innocent like and say "Oh were not going to do anything O=)" and I tell them they better not or I would hit them. So I go into the stall apprehensivley and do my buisness, just as i was reaching for the toilet paper BAM the lights go out. It scared the living crap out of me and I dash out of the stall pants down and all, and shout at those girls "TURN ON THE LIGHTS YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T DO IT!" and after their giggling fit, they turned on the lights....only to see me. With my pants down. Standing there, not moving. And they just turned RED in he face and I realized I had totally over reacted. And now was standing in the middle of the bathroom with my hoo hoo on display. We stared at eachother for a while longer, I was simply too shocked to move XD! But when my senses returned, I quickly hobbled back into the stall and the pranksters ran out of the bathroom, still red in the face! XD aah funny now
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Hahaha!! Oh boy. I was laughing out loud from the minute I started reading. I'm totally one of those turn-off-the-light people so I feel kind of guilty, haha. But anyway, your story reminds me of the time my sister saw me in all of my glory...

It was a few years ago and we had been getting some really bad power-cutting storms and I wanted to take a shower so I asked my sister to sit on the toilet while I was in there so I wouldn't be alone when/if the bathroom suddenly got pitch black. Well, I was about halfway through when the power went out and we were all like "Aaaahh!!" and for some reason I jumped out of the shower and as soon as I did, the lights came back on. And we were just kind of looking at each other like, "Eheh... "

And then I think I shooed her away. ^.^;
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

@Black-
Ha I completley understand why you would turn off the lights >.> its fun. No grudges here I promise, though it would be funny if I were one of those "trigger word psychos" HAHA! But I eventually forgave those girls, when I could get them to look at me without turning red that is XD!

Anyway with the singing, I was caught singing the theme to Soul Train, you know it? XD if not here is a link http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x48f04 ... 1982_music You better believe I sang the Souuuuul Traaaaain part >_>
And also Black velvet and Runaway train, some of the most embarrasing ones.

But with soul train, I totally thought my mom left for her meeting! But she was down the hall and I was singing LOUD! Hahah aaah good times
P.S. No I do not have a fetish for train songs, thats a coinkydink.
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

A couple weeks ago I had a creepy, hippy-looking guy come up to me in drive-thru. He freaked me out right from the off by using my first name (damn nametags) and then when he went to drive away he was like:

"You have a nice day, Miss Sarah."
So naturally I'm all like: "You too!" freak

And instead of leaving like normal customers do he looked at me and said:
"And hey, Miss Sarah... watch out... because you never know."

And I'm just like, Uh.... and then laughed and drove away. I was scared, lol.
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

And that ^^^ is why I will never work at a drive-thru.
Creepy guys in their cars makes the 100X's creepier, imo.

That also reminds me of a story...
I was out to dinner with my friend and her mom a few weeks ago at this bar/grill place and there's this trivia game that the have going every Thursday night (we kicked butt at it, btw, we actually have the high score for all of Texas in it) and we were sitting there playing, when we can't figure out the answer to this question about some old music, well her mom see this guy who looks hippy-ish and she calls him over to ask if he knows, keep in mind we had never met this guy before, and he goes on and on about how the band we asked about is great and everything, but it's not his type of music, ask about metal instead and he'd know, played in a metal band in NYC for a few years, blah blah blah.
Whatever, moving on.
Her mom notices his jacket has a patch for the Steelers on it, and she goes, "Oh, you're a Steelers fan?" and they start arguing about their teams, and I mention I'm a Steelers fan as well (only because my dad rubbed of on me, he's a die-hard Steeler), well he starts throwing me these glances, that I think we meant to be flirty, at me, they finish the convo and he goes off back to the bar.
Well about 15min later I get up to go to the bathroom and on my way he gets in front of me, introduces himself, and holds out his hand for me to shake, saying how it's always nice to meet another Steelers fan. I shook his hand to be polite, but it was seriously creepy, I gave him a fake name.

One thing I hate about going to that particular place is old guys hit on me. Everytime without fail.
I don't get it, I'm 16 and I look 16, it's not like I look 20 or something, they have to know they're being creepy. I actually made a t-shirt to wear the next time I go there that says "Jail Bait" on the front in big letters to hopefully ward them off a bit.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
abunai.rikuro
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by abunai.rikuro »

Haha good idea with the Shirt.

I have quite a few fun stories like that from when i worked at the mall. (EWWW WORST IDEA EVER!)

5 years ago when I was working at one of those carts you see in the middle walkway of malls (a kiosk) and I was about 14 at the time. (My brother owned it so I was able to work underage) This guy who looked about 20 walks up and pretends he's interested in the what is being sold. He proceeds to ask me how old I am and I told him I was 14. His eyes widened and he said "woa jail bait" and laughed. He told me I looked about 18. I was super shy back then too.. I felt extremely awkward.

Another time, at the same kiosk I worked at, this creepy 50 or so year old man would always come around where I worked and just look at the stuff and kept eyeballing me and try to start a conversation. He was sooo disgusting. From then on, I wore a fake engagement ring.

So many creepy guys hit on me when I worked at the mall.. It was awful. The only decent guy that hit on me constantly was this guy who worked at a sunglasses mini store kiosk thing right next to me and he was about 6 years older than me. I beleive his name was Justin. He always called me a tease which was actually nice to hear in a weird way.
Twilight Mafia: Rin
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

:lol:

*In the Science classroom*

[Kid named Josh growls at Chandler]
Chandler: That was sexy. *looks at me* But not as sexy as Natallie.
[Natallie laughs]
Chandler: No, I'm serious! You're sexy! No joke!
Natallie: :lol:

[For the record, I am Natallie. Just to clear up any confusion. :)]
List, Gnat ♥