General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by Adrienne »

Also, in BD Carlisle says that Renesmee's gift is like the opposite of Edwards in which she can show her thoughts to others. When she falls a sleep in Bella's arms, Bella can see all the colors and subjects of her dreams.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

ringswraith wrote:Yes. We see an illustration of this in Midnight Sun, when he passes by Charlie's room and is able to catch the edge of his dream.

(SPOILER ALERT!)
Charlie's snores were loud and even. I could almost catch the edge of his dream. Something with the rush of water and patient expectation... fishing, maybe?
To add to that a little, I think that if a normal person was dreaming, Edward WOULD hear all of it. Just as if they were awake. But with Charlie, Edward was never really able to fully hear all of his thoughts - just the emotion or "feel" of them. Charlie + Renee(super intuitive) = Bella -> the most unique mind he's ever encountered.

Image Image
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, so going off of the whole "dream" conversation...

Since Bella can put Nessie's hand to her cheek and see Nessie's dreams, then Nessie doesn't have to send her thoughts to others? If Nessie didn't want to share her thoughts but someone grabbed her hand anyway, would they see what she was thinking?

Thank you Naureen!!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

fanMNM wrote:Ok, so going off of the whole "dream" conversation...

Since Bella can put Nessie's hand to her cheek and see Nessie's dreams, then Nessie doesn't have to send her thoughts to others? If Nessie didn't want to share her thoughts but someone grabbed her hand anyway, would they see what she was thinking?
I'm guessing that Nessie requires some effort to "push" her thoughts into someone else. She has to touch someone and think about the images she wants the other one to see. The dreaming thing was perhaps an unconscious action- Bella did say there was little rhyme or reason to the images.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

good point....otherwise, Charlie would have been able to accidently see images from Nessie's mind when he held her, right? that makes sense, ringswraith....thanks!

Thank you Naureen!!
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

So, does it mean that Charlie would have seen Nessie's thoughts if she was sleeping and he touched her?
I mean, if she's sleeping, she's unconscious, so, she would not really be able to control it, right?
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Probably only if he did what Bella did, and held Renesmee's palm to his neck or face.

But why would he do that? :)
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

chowzinha wrote:So, does it mean that Charlie would have seen Nessie's thoughts if she was sleeping and he touched her?
I mean, if she's sleeping, she's unconscious, so, she would not really be able to control it, right?
Her power is in her hands, so he'd have to put her hand to his face. I think when Bella did that, and she saw...blurry things with no rhyme or reason, that was either because that is what Nessie was dreaming about (dreams don't make a lot of sense sometimes) or because Nessie wasn't controlling it. I think the latter makes more sense. Everyone else controls their gift, more or less. Edward less - it's harder for him to tune things out, but he can do it. Alice's gift is like a radio - somtimes things just come in when they cross her frequency, but she can also tune it to whatever station she wants. I think Nessie's gift is kind of like that - always present to some extent, but much more potent when she is controlling it.

Image Image
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Okay, sorry for interrupting, but does anyone knows how old Seth looks? Because Jacob matured after the changing, but did Seth change as well?
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

I'm under the impression that they all did. I believe Bella states that Seth is fourteen in New Moon, but Jacob looks to be in his early twenties due to his size. So Seth is probably in a similar situation.