Blood and Chocolate--the book

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Artemis Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Blood and Chocolate--the book

Post by Artemis Cullen »

I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA wrote:Is it a good book?
I am thinking of reading it.

I.want.to.be.bella, It's a really good book. So I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it, it's a really exciting read ... At least it was for me. :mrgreen:
Mafia Name: Medea Ariadne Artemis DeMarchi Image

^^^Link to my FanFiction.net profile...
Avi is original DigitalArt called The Oracle by 'Blackeri
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

I liked it until I got to the end. I didn't like the end.
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I LOVE BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE! I hated the movie because they messed up the ending. I mean throughout the whole book we already knew things with Vivian and Aiden weren't going to work out of course Gabriel was perfect for her. Viv's strong, she was going to lead the pack one day and Gabe has baggage to match hers.

The movie irritated me so much, Romania??!!! I mean yeah Bucharest is beautiful but they are supposed to be high school students from Maryland. And also the film completely ignored Viv's relationship with the Five. Astrid as her aunt?

But I just love the book, there's so many themes and it's really great for anyone who is studying English seriously because you can go back and look for the themes of literature and foreshadowing and such while enjoying a good read. Yeah I love this book. It's higher than Twilight on my list.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

JoanneMaria wrote:
I liked it until I got to the end. I didn't like the end.
Same here. It was ok up to the end, then I got really irritated.
So, Vivian's in love with Aiden, then he gets freaked out by her being a werewolf, so he avoids her, then she decides she's in love with Gabe? What?!

I guess I was just expecting something more like Twilight, a true love conquers all type thing. I'll probably read it again later to try to see it as its own thing and try not to compare it to Twilight.

I really want to see the movie, though. See what they kept the same and what they changed.
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

I've got mixed feelings about the end. I think I would have liked it more if she actually mentioned having feelings for Gabriel earlier. As it is, it seems like she just settled.
Even though I wanted her to get with him, I wanted her to 'fall' for him.

There's a movie? :shock:

I don't get why they'd make a movie, I mean it was an okay book; nothing special though.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

It was a quasi indie film. Pretty good but instead of a gritty grunge teenage angst feel it was more of a romanticized bohemian style movie...and they made Vivian stay with AIDEN! I mean from the third chaper of the book you can already tell she's meant for Gabe, it's all over there subtly the way she acts around him, and trusts him, and second guesses what she does around him after it's too late to do anything. And she's always been dissatisfied with Aiden's kisses but whens he kisses Gabe on the bike it totally moves her.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.