General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by pennybug84 »

I liked some parts of Jacob's book but didn't like others. I agree the chapter titles were hilariouos & he was pretty funny with his blonde jokes w/Rosalie and the interaction there. it was kind of nice to see his perspective (especially the relationship with Leah & good old Seth.) and I got to understand him a little better.

but the end where after Bella has given birth to Renesmee and she's unresponsive Jake totally just gives up and walks out of the room :evil: . "oh the girl I supposedly love is dying but I'm not going to do anything to help her. I'm giving up. let me walk out of the room & the house now." but yet Edward is still their trying so hard & valiantly to save Bella and make sure she's not going to die & leave him. he never gave up on Bella at all & was able to save her life! so this showed me that yes Bella & Edward are meant to be together, and that Edward loves and cares for Bella MUCH MORE than Jacob ever did.

also I actually didn't catch on at first that he had imprinted on Renesmee. I felt like such a dork later when Bella figure it out & that's when I realized that's what had happened. and to me that's just so weird.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

Hey!
So, first, I think no one else could have told the whole story like Jacob did. Even though he was in pain, he could still look around and register all that happened. After all, he was the one that needed answers. I imagine what that part would've sounded from Bella or Edward's perspectives - they were both consumed by the fact they made eachother unhappy and that they might have to part soon, even though Bella tried to convince herself everything would work out fine. We would have missed a lot of things, not to mention Jacob's struggle to put the past with Bella behind. 'Sides, where would the suspense be if we knew nothing of his intentions - I really hoped he would not run away again and every time his thoughts returned to that I got butterflies in my stomach.
Then, I thought the tone in which it was written was very suitable for Jacob. It was nice to see how he reacts, to know him the way Edward does...
He had to go through a huge transformation - breaking away from the pack, finally defeating his fears of being responsible for others, forgeting his prejudices about Leah... I think this was the step he needed to take to be able to move past Bella. I doubt he would have ever imprinted, if he did not truly make peace with himself first.
And I'm never going to stop laughing everytime I get to the part where he throws the bowl and hits Rosalie - he lightens up the athmosphere when it needs to.
Well (as you might have noticed ;) ) I really liked Book 2, as well as all the parts of BD. It was a huge part of the plot and I doubt I would have enjoyed the book as much if this part was left out. I'm not sure if it changed my feelings toward Jacob, as I already felt I had a bound with all three characters, but it was definatly worthwhile! :D

Okay, that's it ^_^ Thanks for reading this far!

SilentHeart
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

SilentHeart, I agree that Jacob is the only person who could really have told the whole story. He had a bit more perspective and could observe things sort of from a distance instead of being depressed and guilty like Edward or in pain like Bella. It was also interesting knowing how the pack's minds worked.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
loveuccs
Wandering Through Town

Post by loveuccs »

Jacob's book is so heartbreaking, I can't even put it in words.
He's so cute, has a way very different of thinking, so funny at times, mature and inmature at others.

I would never pick a team. Edward is the love and Jacob is the friendship, I've always see it that way and no matter what is not going to change. They're too much different, they can't be compared and it's absolutely clear that Edwars is the one.
Jacob is kind of an angel, well... he's an angel, ang he would have a chance with Bella if there is not an Edward breathing out there. BUT he is, and what a stupid world it would be without his existence.

So, I love Jacob and I love Edward, the same but in different ways.

SM is a genius, Jacob's book is easy to read and very helpfull, and adorable, and as I said Heartbreaking.
It's too green. An alien planet!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

The best part of Jacob's book would have to be the chapter titles. Gotta love them; they're just so practicle, it's hilarious. :] It was nice to see everything from someone's perspective other than Bella's.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

When I ended Bella's first book, I was really disappointed. So I searched for the second part of Bella's book, when I read the first page of it, I realized I had to read Jacob's book first.
I didn't like that in the beginning, because I thought Bella wouldn't come back in his book. But then I read about Bella again. Then I was convinced it was nice to read.

I didn't like it that it was só hárd to imagine how Bella felt. I didn't like it, because I wanted to know what she was feeling, what she was thinking. I didn't like it that Alice couldn't see something either.
But I liked it. Besides this points, I liked to read about Jacob's pack and I loved it when he was talking with the pack.

Yeah, I didn't like it at first sight, but after all it was nice to read. I prefer Bella's books though.
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
BrokenDreams
Wandering Through Town

Post by BrokenDreams »

I actually liked Jacob's book. I was surprised because up until I read his book, I never really liked him. But after I got to see how he mature he was, I realized that I sort of liked his character. He was really funny and sweet and the chapter titles were hilarious. I still like Edward better, but reading Jacob's book made me finally appreciate his character a little more.
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

It was definitely a plus for the book!
Even though I could have used less of his opinions and more of his observations about the situation, I still think it was very enlightening. After all, it is a book on his POV, no way he could have done it without sharing it!
What I really liked about Jacob's book are the Leah and Seth part. If it wasn't for Jacob, we wouldn't have known and loved Seth the way we do. And the best part is that Jacob did such a good job that we pretty much know what we have to know about Seth! :D
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I hate Jacob, but reading from his POV made me understand him a bit better..
Yeah, hes funny, but hes still an annoying, immature pup.

And I only started to like him once he left Bella alone... by imprinting on HER daughter..

Gosh
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

I so agree with you! (I forgot your name, but I mean the one who posted above this post)
I hated him too. And I felt a disgust when I read he was imprinting on Renesmee, I hated him more than I already did.

But when I finished his book I understood him a little bit better. But I hoped; please don't let Jacob has a second book in BD. :lol:
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!