General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Chapters of the Series

Post by addictedbooklover »

pennybug84 wrote:anytime Jacob is being a jerk & trying to get inbetween Bella & Edward :twisted: .
Haven't you read the site philosophy? Obviously not, because then you'd know that Jacob is not a jerk, he is not trying to get between Bella and Edward at all.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

Okay so here are my favorite, but there might be more than one:
Twilight: Confessions and Phenomenon
New Moon: Vote and The Truth
Eclipse: Compromise and Fire and Ice
Breaking Dawn:
Book 1- Big Day and Isle Esme
Book 2- Sure as Hell didn't see that one coming and What do i look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go Ahead. Take Mine. Take everything i have.
Book 3- Burning and Travel Plans (i really like the part about Fates Loom)
For Breaking Dawn i could say all but these are like the ones i need to keep reading.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

Ooh great topic!
Favorite: Big Day, in BD: Stephenie did a perfect job, in my opinion, writing this chapter! It was so beautiful and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy that my favorite couple, in any form of entertainment: book, movie, etc., finally are binding themselves together. I think it's adorable when Bella wants to sprint down the aisle!
Least Favorite: The End in NM: For obvious reasons. It was just so sad!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Anarane
Wandering Through Town
Location: In Greece, longing for the true winter temperatures....

Post by Anarane »

Least favorite chapters: ALL the chapters that Jacob is narrating in BD -except the last one-, PLUS the chapters with the Quileute legends in Eclipse and the part where Edward was gone in NM (What can a do, I'm a Team Edward die hard :P )

Favorite chapter: Fire and Ice, Eclipse. I absolutely loved that chapter, as well as the next one (Monster)

And even though I'm Team Edward all the way, I thought that the part where Jacob narrates about imprinting to Renesmee -with the wires and how he was now connected to her- was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. And I've read A LOT. This narration left me pretty much with the mouth open like this :o I LOVED IT.....
Grab your tissues.... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5004980/1/The_EndEdward

Chapter 3 of nm from Edward's pov...
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

My favorites are all the chapters with Edward of course. The only chapter I skipped reading the second time around was in Eclipse about the 3rd wife. Don't really remember it b/c I only read it once. That is the only chapter I can remember not liking besides parts of Jacob's book in Bd and only b\/c it dragged out.
Last edited by Edwards Ragazza on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
izzie
Settled in Forks

Post by izzie »

sweetpea wrote:Will my favorites are all the chapters with Edward of course. The only chapter I skipped reading the second time around was in Eclipse about the 3rd wife. Don't really remember it b/c I only read it once. That is the only chapter I can remember not liking besides parts of Jacob's book in Bd.
Yeh I totally agree with this - it's my least favourite part of the book. It was interesting the first time round but I just got bored second time around so skipped the chunk til she fell asleep.

My favourite bit - is in Twilight and Edward is listening to Bella through Jessica's thoughts. It makes me feel good!

I also like the tent scene in Eclipse - it lets us into an insight of Edwards head.

Plus i like Breaking Dawn right up until she realises she's pregnant. I didnt like the whole bella pregnant thing but i guess it was showing how selfless bella is. again.
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello everybody! This is a very nice topic. I'm new in the forum and I have several favourite chapters in each book of the Twilight saga,so it's impossible for me to choose only one... sorry if I'm writing too much :oops:

Twilight:
chap 5 Blood type, chap 13 confessions, chap 14 mind over matters, chap The Cullens, chap 24 an impasse

New Moon
Chap 3 the end, chap 17 visitor, chap 20 Volterra, chap 21 verdict, chap 23 the truth, chap 24 vote

Eclipse (my favourite book above all):
chap 2 motives, chap 8 temper, chap 13 newborn, chap 22 fire and ice, chap 27 needs

Breaking dawn:
book 1 all!, book 2 chap 18, book 3chap 20 New, chap 22 promised,chap 24 surprise, chap 39 the happily ever after

Least favourite chapters:Eclipse 11 legends....
look after my heart, I've left it with you
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

wow, difficult....

I think I have to slipt it....

Twilight:
Fav: Confessions....the meadow is just great.
least fav: I don't know the name or number, but the baseball chapter... just the introduction of james...I didn't like him

New Moon:
Fav: the truth, I thought it was named... When Edward and Bella are in her room, and Edward is explaining why he left.
least fav: the end....no need to explain that one....

Eclipse:
Fav: I love the chapter when Bella stayed with Edward alone and discus the future...
Least: The chapter where Bella kisses Jacob...

Breaking dawn:
fav: Burning and Ilse Esme.....
least: Travel plans
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
r_godsey
Settled in Forks

Post by r_godsey »

I just have to say I really enjoy all of the characters in the Twilight Saga. But nobody in the entire series infuriates me more than Carlisle.

Carlisle is the son of a preacher man, heart of gold, father figure. He is self deprecating, and tortured because of his vampirism. He knows that life is so sacred, and is yet forced to kill. We know that the grief from his changing, led him to attempt suicide several times.

And yet he is lonely. And yet he requires a companion, and a partner. So he changes another human, into the supposed monster he believes himself to be.

If Carlisle believes he has no soul, how could he take that of another?
How could he take that of at least 3 more?
Doom them to the same fate as he?

I hated Carlisle so much for putting Edward through his dilemma.
I believe that Bell and Edward were soul mates. And that they did belong together.
And that Carlisle changing Edward allowed their meeting. If Edward had did of the influenza, he would not have been around when Bella was born.

But, if Carlisle had not changed Edward, he would not have been a vampire at their meeting.

Edward would not be driven to kill the one he loved the most.
Forced to abandon the one he loves, for her own protection.
He would not be forced to choose whether he should turn Bella into a monster as well.

So much turmoil was inflicted on these characters because of Carlisle’s loneliness and selfishness.

If we can believe in a world where vampires and shape shifters and soul mates exist, cannot we not also believe in a world with reincarnation?

Of course without Edward’s vampirism we probably wouldn’t have a series.
But when I read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, my heart truly hurt for the dilemma Edward was forced into.
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

Ok, I'll do my favourite and least favourite chapters in each book. It's hard but I'll try and keep the amount of favs as small as possible. :P A good rule would be to keep the same amount of good vs bad.

Twilight
Best:
I first think of Blood Type. Edward really brought on the charm and he and Bella started getting on so well. Confessions because of the lovely meadow scene. And The Cullens because we got to meet the awesome family.

Worst:
Not that these aren't good but I just have to choose them as I didn't enjoy them as much against the rest. Impatience because I felt as anxious as Bella which is good for the book but still, it was so hard with nothing happening! I don't know why but Scary Stories is down here. Maybe the legends were slightly boring? Sorry. And I'll put down The Game. It actually didn't come off as very cool and exciting in the book for me. And James arriving was all a bit sudden and confusing the first read through for me.

New Moon
Best: Waking Up with the emotional turmoil of Bella. Visitor because I was so happy when Alice was back. And Volterra because of the awesome chasing down of Edward. :)

Worst: The End because Edward slowly detaching himself was upsetting. Cult because I hated Jacob leaving Bella after becoming this new bitter Jacob.

Eclipse
Best: Compromise because of the bed scene. Fire and Ice for Jacob's and Edward's conversation. And Snap Decision as it provided the best action sequence from the series. 8-)

Worst: Hard as usual but I'll put Legends there because I just wasn't as interested in the wolves as the vampires. I'm not going to add any more because they all have great bits in them as well as bits that aren't as great. Hehe, I wasn't enjoying picking whole chapters to say I didn't like. :roll:

Breaking Dawn
Best: Isle Esme for the honeymoon. New because Bella is now a vampire and it's so darned funny. :D And The Happily Ever After for the heart warming end to the series.

Worst: Harder to find without Jacob's Book having a contents. I guess I liked his book less because as I guess you can now see, I don't like Jacob as much as Edward and Bella. But there were also the chapters with the collecting of the vampires that got kinda boring.

Phew that's all of 'em. With each book I became less enthusiastic about explaining my choices. :P