Stereotyping

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Stereotyping

Post by Jadey »

The thing I absolutely HATE is people stereotyping Twilight fans..(sorry to mention Twi, but had to)

Um.. ever since the movie came out, people think Twilight fans are over-excited 9 year old girls who love high school musical and the Jonas brothers..
I'm afraid to admit (in non Twilight places) that im absolutely in love with.. more than in love with anything to do with Twi..
cause people will just see me as some immature, kiddy movie lover who has just jumped on the bandwagon cuz of the movie.. add about 10 years onto the 9, add the fact that i've never seen any High school musical movies, absolutely hate these 'jonas brothers' and I rarely get over excited.

It irritates me.. and the people stereotyping it, have never even read any of the books..

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

^I know how you feel! SO annoying.
The other common Twilight stereotype is: shallow teenage girls who only like Twilight because Edward's hot, and care about nothing else in the books.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Jadey

Post by Jadey »

^ EXACKERLY!!!
Guh
:cry:
It's like we're being punished.. for loving something :?
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

^^ I know what you mean, it's very true, but was it necessary to include the Jonas Brothers? :cry: :lol: Jonas Brothers and Twilight are VERY separate issues. :]
List, Gnat ♥
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

That is so annoying. Especially the fact that people tend to disregard fans that were fans BEFORE the movie. They act like since the movie came out, they are hardcore. It's annoying to no end.
ImageImage
E<3B
addictedbooklover

I'm a relatively new fan... August last year.
Practically all movies based on books convert new fans to the books, but people seem to think it's only because of the movie that people read the book!

Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Jasper<3 wrote:^^ I know what you mean, it's very true, but was it necessary to include the Jonas Brothers? :cry: :lol: Jonas Brothers and Twilight are VERY separate issues. :]
Yes, I had to include them, when PEOPLE think they're similar issues, and think Twi fans like them?!?!?! I mean what. the. HELL!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I mean.. ive gone into twilight fan's youtubes (which is twilight based - twi background - avatar - vids - blogs etc.. and then under their fave music its like: OMG LIKE THE JONAS BROTHERS AND MILEY LIKE OMGOMG

Which goes back to me saying that people think all twi fans are like that ^
:evil: :evil:
I try to not involve those little tween magnets - but it's hard. Also I feel they dumbed down the movie - and added unfunny jokes - to pull in the tweens...

WHICH DOESN'T MAKE THE WHOLE SITUATION ANY BETTER!!!!!!!!!
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
addictedbooklover

^The whole 'tweeny' thing is probably cos there's not a huge range of Twilighters... I mean, they tried to get guys in by putting lotsa action in the trailer! Needless to say, the guys who went, expecting a bloodbath, went home disappointed :lol:

Jadey

Post by Jadey »

It's weird, cause when there was no mention of a movie - the only people I knew who had read and loved the books were people like, 16+?
Ever since the movie, you get 9 year olds going mental over it..
Wha.. how.. did it attract people that young?
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Jadey wrote:
Wha.. how.. did it attract people that young?
Their names are Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner.
Sad to say, but it's true. They saw poster and saw an amazing guy and since HSM3 was out of theaters, they saw Twilight. They're like sheep really. One of them freaks out and obsesses and the rest of them do too.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com