General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by navarre »

Adrienne wrote:So if technically they would only drink their own venom if they let it spread before devouring their victim, what was the flammable substance that the bodies were found after being burned in Eclipse? I know the article Bella read said that they were burned with something flammable that they couldn't identify and I was assuming it was their venom. Or did they maybe use their venom afterwards to burn them?
The flammable substance had to have been an accelerant of sorts, because it takes quite a while for the venom to spread and not that long for the person to die of massive blood loss. The heart has to keep pumping in order for the venom to spread quickly enough & since we are dealing with newborns with an unsatiable thirst, they would be feeding rapidly with no chance of enough venom to burn them with.

You can burn at high temperatures without accelerants - the dumpsters would have plenty of plastic which is highly flammable, of course - alcohol, cardboard, the clothes they were wearing. Surrounded by enough of any of those, I would assume would make for very, very hot conditions. Who knows.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
purple_panda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by purple_panda »

ok so vampires dont go to the bathroom because they are frozen in time and get their energy from blood, but what about shapeshifters, they have to eat but they get their energy from sleep, so do they go to the bathroom? and, why do shapeshifters have a pulse? they are frozen in time as well, but their heart still beats, im confused.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

purple_panda wrote:ok so vampires dont go to the bathroom because they are frozen in time and get their energy from blood, but what about shapeshifters, they have to eat but they get their energy from sleep, so do they go to the bathroom? and, why do shapeshifters have a pulse? they are frozen in time as well, but their heart still beats, im confused.
Shapeshifters aren't frozen- they just have incredible regenerative properties.

Much of aging is cells dying and not being replaced. For the shapeshifters, their cells are able to regenerate (witness their very rapid healing abilities), so as long as they keep up the phasing, they will continue to regenerate. They only look like they're frozen in time.

Compare that to the vampires, who do not undergo any kind of change on the cellular level, and are truly frozen.

And yes, I'd imagine the shapeshifters go to the bathroom. They're still essentially human.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Ringswraith can I get a copy of you to put in my bag? You know too much ;)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Jadey wrote:Ringswraith can I get a copy of you to put in my bag? You know too much ;)
:lol:

Haha, thanks Jadey. :) That made my night.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Do you come in paperback yet?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Do you come in paperback yet?
The way my mind works? It'd probably more like an ebook, so it'd keep updating. :lol:
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

You're a freak of nature. You'd fit right in with the vamps and shapeshifters. You are kind of like Mr. Manhattan in a way. (Seen/read Watchmen?)

Image Image
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

ringswraith wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:Do you come in paperback yet?
The way my mind works? It'd probably more like an ebook, so it'd keep updating. :lol:
Can I have the link? Then I can just keep refreshing the page for updates! ;) :lol:
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:Can I have the link? Then I can just keep refreshing the page for updates!
Has anyone been able to stump Rings or Who_needs_fangs?

Just out of curiosity...how many times have you read the books? Do you have a photographic memory?????

LOL! :lol:
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."