Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Baby Boomer Lexiconers-- The 40 + thread

Post by navarre »

JoanneMaria wrote:I too am going away this weekend My parents are sick and in Florida, I must go help for a few days. I am going to bring my laptop with me.Don't know how much time I wil have.

I am sorry to hear about your parents. I hope everything will be okay. Have a safe trip and keep in touch when you can.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Hey all, I saw this thread come up last week and didn't get a chance to post. Hope you all are doing well. Did any of you get a chance to buy the DVD yet. I'm going to Target this afternoon since I heard there is an extra that has a Midnight Sun vibe. I stayed away from the midnight releases since I had to work this weekend.

When you all get back from your trips, I have a question for you. I need some advice. Chat later.
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

Hi everyone.
I'm back from Denver and only have a couple of minutes before heading out to run around and get things caught up here. I had a good trip at times kind of depressing due to having to move and housing prices in Denver. I am on my way to pick up my Twilight movie that was reserved for me though Boarders here. The gals there always take good care of me there.

JoanneMaria- Sorry to hear about your parents my father is having some serious health issues so I know that is. I hope all goes well.

Navarre- I wasn't able to take my lap top but will give more details later. Brief- Dinner in Vail, Glenwood Springs stay and lunch in Aspen. Some nice times.

Bewitched- Glad to see you on and shoot with the question if you like.

I'm very happy you ladies have joined me here on the "old timers" thread. Lets have some fun! :D

Gotta go I have so much to do today... hopefully I'll be able to get on again later.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
navarre

Post by navarre »

Kat -Glad you're back safe & sound. I look forward to hearing more of your trip.

Bewitched, nice to meet you, I'm Navarre. Look forward to posting with ya. :)

JoanneMaria, hope everything is okay.

Talk at you soon. ;)
Katwomankath

Post by Katwomankath »

Happy Wednesday to everyone.

I spent yesterday taking my daughter to the Dr. and tending to her along with working on costumes for competition dance this weekend.

I picked up my copy of the Twilight Movie from Barns and Noble the other day but have yet to have time to even break into the plastic around it yet. Has everyone seen the movie? I have several times. I have to admit that when it was mentioned they were making a movie I was afraid it would not be very good as history tells me the movies made from books never are as good as the book itself. I still think that is true with this movie but I did enjoy it. I decided I had to separate the two and take each for separate experiences. I'm curious as to what they are going to come up with for New Moon. I think there will be a fine line between showing the characters with all their colorful personalities and strengths and making them look like jokes. I guess time will tell.

I saw two movies while in Denver. Watchmen and Knowing. I enjoyed them both and they both gave me food for thought which I haven't had much time to explore yet.

The trip was fun over all and I had a few relaxing days just reading while my husband worked. I met his boss who was very nice and was treated to a few nights out in resort towns. We looked at houses in the Denver area and I was depressed at the fact that we are in such a depressed market here in So California while the market in the Denver area is still pretty strong. So we are looking at less house for more money. Selling our house for what we owe here is going to be almost an impossibility because of the amount of foreclosures on the market here.

I'm thinking of reading the Twilight series again so that I can refresh my memory for conversation on here since my last read was a few months, and several other book series ago.

I'm off to get started on the million things I need to do today. I hope everyone has a happy safe day.

Kat
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
navarre

Post by navarre »

Good luck on the housing situation. I decided a long time ago that selling mine would be out of the question - I have a lot of work to do on it.

As far as Twilight the movie - I saw it in the theater and was horribly disappointed. Catherine Hardwick & Melissa Rosenberg completely butchered the book for their own purposes, telling the story through the lens of "teen angst" and dark indie crap. They have no clue on this genre. Basically they looked at the books and said "These are great, now let's change everything." No meadow scene, no blood typing scene, no conversations between Edward & Bella in the cafeteria, Bella not cooking?! No development of the love between E & B - this movie SUCKED!!!! :evil: :evil:

Twilight was a romance between a vampire & a human - not a teen anger fest with remnants of "13" & Lords of Dogtown. I'm glad CH was canned - too bad MR was no sent out the door, too. :evil:

Oh well, to each his/her own. We will see what Chris Weitz will do with New Moon.
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

Thank you all for your kind words. I am back in NY and trying to catch up.
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
navarre

Post by navarre »

JoanneMaria wrote:Thank you all for your kind words. I am back in NY and trying to catch up.

Glad your back safe & sound. Let us know how everything went in Florida.
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

Everything went well, thanks for asking.

How is everyone here doing?

Has anyone read any good books lately?
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
navarre

Post by navarre »

JoanneMaria wrote:Everything went well, thanks for asking.

How is everyone here doing?

Has anyone read any good books lately?
I'm fine. As far as books, I'm still trying to find something new, but for now I am in Breaking Dawn.