^ Me too!! I'd be there with bells on!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by Jazz Girl »

pennybug84 wrote:I was just thinking about how in Twilight they didn't explain Carlisle's history at all. And a thing I like in Eclipse is getting to hear Rosalie & Jasper tell their stories to Bella. And it got me thinking that they probably won't put their stories in the movie! Now to help explain the army of newborns they would have to explain Jasper's a little bit. But how much would they cut out & would the do it like it is in the book? More things to think & worry about when it comes to the movie.
PennyBug84, I honestly don't think there would be a way to do Eclipse without Jasper's story and Rosalie's story. They are just such pivotal points in the plotline. I can see them possibly trying to move Rose's to Breaking Dawn, but there's no way they can not include Jazz's story in Eclipse. It just wouldn't really make sense, unless they totally fracked up the storyline in rewriting that Edward is the one they turn to for understanding of newborns and battle plans. Gods, the thought just makes me shudder!! :evil:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I think that they will mention them, but that they will be very brief in the story. Very, very brief.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
TwilightFan86
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightFan86 »

To be honest, I can easily see them doing away with the whole Jasper-backstory. I think it would be really easy to cut out. They can easily just show the Cullens strategizing about defeating the newborns and any one of them can throw in some comments about what newborns are like and how they fight. There really is no backstory required. And the Rosalie-backstory is even easier to cut out.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing those parts cut out because there's only a limited amount of time, and I'd rather they use it for Edward-Bella-Jacob things.

Of course, I'd rather they make the movie 3+ hours and include EVERYTHING, but if they have to cut stuff out I'd rather it be Jasper or Rosalie stuff than any of the good Edward/Bella scenes.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I would actually say that Rose's story is more important than Jasper's. I mean, Jasper's story was a way to explain the vampire wars from a first-person POV and to see how other vamps are.
But Rose's story is more pertinent for BD. It's the reason Bella went to her for safety, that knowledge that Rosalie would help her save her baby, because that was what she wanted more than anything. If they don't at least try to tell her story, however briefly, it wouldn't make any sense for Bella to go to Rosalie in BD. It would make more sense, in the movie, for her to go to Alice or Esme. Also, the whole Nessie situation clears up the air between Bella and Rosalie.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I agree with debussygirl. I think it would be impossible to make a believeable story in a movie of BD if they don't include Rosalie's story in Eclipse. It is vital to understand why Bella chooses to turn to Rosalie for help. They have to explain why Bella would turn to the one Cullen who isn't crazy about her. And I also think that it is so important to understand Rosalie's behavior towards Bella. Rosalie wants nothing more than to be human again, and Bella throwing it away upsets her so much. And Rosalie wanted a baby, so she would do anything to protect Bella's baby. That is so important information.
I think it would be easier to cut some of Jasper's story, since knowledge about the newborns could come from anywhere. But I hope they don't. That is always the thing that disappoints me when my favorite books are made into movies; that they cut vital parts of the story just to make the movie short and actionpacked enough. I would happily sit through 3-4 hours to get the complete story. I understand that they have to try and accomodate everyone, not just the true fans, but I don't like it.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I think they owe it to Jasper's character to have his story in there...I feel like there was a lot of him lost in TW, especially since they left out his power altogether...so I am hoping they decide to make him a more integral part of the next movies...

I really liked seeing Bella's connection to the other Cullens...so I hope all the background info is included...

Thank you Naureen!!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I may be alone in this, but one of, perhaps THE, best aspects of Eclipse was all the backstory we learned. Also, Summit seems to be more about the quantity of the cash than the quality of the movie, Jasper has a very large fan-base, so people would not be happy to see his moment in the spotlight taken away from him. I know I wouldn't... *grabs pitchforks and torches just in case*
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I may be alone in this, but one of, perhaps THE, best aspects of Eclipse was all the backstory we learned. Also, Summit seems to be more about the quantity of the cash than the quality of the movie, Jasper has a very large fan-base, so people would not be happy to see his moment in the spotlight taken away from him. I know I wouldn't... *grabs pitchforks and torches just in case*
Who_Needs_Fangs, I am with you, carrying my own torch and pitchfork. I will be one pissed puppy of they do not include Jazz's and Rose's backstories. I think Jazz's is so important to the action in Eclipse. They could easily pawn off the dialogue to someone else. But, they absolutely should not. And, I agree with DebussyGirl that there isn't anyway they can pull off a believeable story for Breaking Dawn without Rose's backstory. Though, as I said, they could insert that in BD and get away with that as long as they tell it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Jazz Girl wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:I may be alone in this, but one of, perhaps THE, best aspects of Eclipse was all the backstory we learned. Also, Summit seems to be more about the quantity of the cash than the quality of the movie, Jasper has a very large fan-base, so people would not be happy to see his moment in the spotlight taken away from him. I know I wouldn't... *grabs pitchforks and torches just in case*
Who_Needs_Fangs, I am with you, carrying my own torch and pitchfork. I will be one pissed puppy of they do not include Jazz's and Rose's backstories. I think Jazz's is so important to the action in Eclipse. They could easily pawn off the dialogue to someone else. But, they absolutely should not. And, I agree with DebussyGirl that there isn't anyway they can pull off a believeable story for Breaking Dawn without Rose's backstory. Though, as I said, they could insert that in BD and get away with that as long as they tell it.

I agree.
Jasper's fanbase is huge and they are going to make alot of people angry if they cut out his part to shine.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!