General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Imprinting

Post by Nena »

General Imprinting discussion thread. You know the rules! please be respectful to other people's opinions :)
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Imprinting

Post by AliceLauren »

I was like the only one of my friends who actually understood what Imprinting is. I think that imprinting is awesome. And it's also just one of those confusing wolf things. lol.

But I think that it was a really cool touch in the book, like Quill imprinting on Claire, and the whole Sam, Emily, and Leah love mess. It was sad, but it was a really cool thing.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I agree with you^^^^^

I also think that it was a great way to show how different love's can actually be just as strong(imprinting vs. "true" love thread)

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I love the idea of imprinting.... I think it doesn't mean that their love isn't "true" love... It just confirms it. Like you don't have to worry "is she the one?" You know she is the one!!! Then you get to spend time developing your love and getting to know each other instead of trying to figure out if this is the person you want to spend your life with.
I am not freaked out or weirder out by the fact you can imprint on a 2 year old or newborn!! I think it is sweet, you can spend that child's whole life figuring them out and learning to love them. They will share a stronger love than anything anyone can imagine!! I wish that imprinting was possible!!! I wouldn't mind having some one imprinting on me... then I would know their love was true. It is a guarantee to fidelity and love!!!!
ImageImage
AD523
Settled in Forks

Post by AD523 »

When we first learned about imprinting, I thought it was romantic. The way it was explained was beautiful, with the gravity and all. But the more it was explored in the story, the more I felt bad for the wolves. I mean, they don't get a choice in the matter and they more or less wait until they find their imprint. They don't get to experience being in different relationships and looking for the right person themselves.

In BD, I decided I didn't really like it when Jacob imprinted. He described it as COMPLETELY changing him. All the ties that held him to his old life were severed and replaced with a consuming love for Nessie. I, too, don't mind the imprinting on youngsters and all that. I just don't like that imprinting changes the individual and their priorities that much. The imprintee literally becomes their whole life. I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something or overanalyzing.
Kieuemo
Settled in Forks

Post by Kieuemo »

I always knew the term by it's biological meaning (in terms of animal behavior, you know, an adolescent bird learning birdsong by listening to an adult of the species at a critical period of time, or a bird imprinting on its mother soon after hatching) before I read the books, so I was pretty confused by its use by the werewolves.
Ms.BelleFlanders
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ms.BelleFlanders »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this but I have some question marks in my head about this whole imprinting thing.

1- If Rennesme was never born, would Jacob be able to imprint on someone else?

2- Is it possible that a werewolf imprint on a same sex person? I mean, like a "homosexual" imprint?

Do you guys have some theory about these??? :?
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Imprinting is something interesting. When a person imprints on another person, how will that person feel? Will the imprinted person fall in love with the other?

Example:
Alex imprints on Chloe. Will Chloe fall in love with Alex the same way? What if she doesn't fall in love with him?

It somehow worked in a way with Sam and Emily.

Kinda confused.

I won't mind if someone imprint on me. True love overcomes everything.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

Ms.BelleFlanders wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this but I have some question marks in my head about this whole imprinting thing.

2- Is it possible that a werewolf imprint on a same sex person? I mean, like a "homosexual" imprint?

Do you guys have some theory about these??? :?
Nessie was destined to be born

as for the same gender imprint, ask SM lol
Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rose »

Ms.BelleFlanders wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this but I have some question marks in my head about this whole imprinting thing.

Do you guys have some theory about these???

I don't think that it's possilble that a werwolf imprint on a same sex person because the whole imprint-thing is about finding the one who would accept the werwolf-thing and have children with him, so that the pack live on and on!

Rose