A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 20 ~ Volterra

Post by Stacia »

1. What did you think of Alice's bribe? What does it say to you that she not only had that much cash handy, but that she thought it would take that much money to bribe the officer?
She was prepared for whatever may happen. She wasn't going to take the chance on someone telling her no.

2. Did you ever think Bella wasn't going to make it in time to save Edward?
At first, I was worried. My heart was racing and I couldn't read fast enough to find out if she did or not!

3. How did you respond when Edward assumed they were both dead?
I laughed! It was cute! Funny!

4. Edward pretty much gave up the moment tiny, little Jane approached. What was your assumption about Jane when you first saw her - be honest!
That she had some sort of power that trumped everyone else.

5. Bella assumed that Edward was being nice, but not romantic, by protecting her as they made their way down the tunnel. What did you think of the way he was holding her and protecting her?
I thought it was romantic! LOL! I felt bad for Bella, that she does always believe the worst and that she can't see herself through Edward's eyes
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. It didn't surprise me. I had already known that vampire's do illegal, or odd, things, so my reaction, or what I thought, wasn't surprising.

2. Ya. Edward wouldn't be killed off.

3. I thought he was crazy, and I wanted to jump in the book and tell him he wasn't dead.

4. I didn't think about it. It took me a couple times to read and understand what was going on. I just thought she was more powerful than the rest of the vampires, something along those lines.

5. I thought it was weird. But I guess since the Volturi eat like normal vampire's, and Edward doesn't, he would get worried.
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

OK. I'm not going to answer the posted questions, rather I have a music/vision of how this chapter looks/sounds in my head.

Que music - Muse - Blackout

Scene no sound - only music- Edward see's Bella jump from cliff through Alice's premonition. He call's Bella's house and Jacob tells him that Charlie is at the funeral. He hangs up,.

Break in the Music - Alice is with Bella, sees Edward going to Voltura to ask to die. we hear this discussion.

Music - Muse Blackout starts again

Slo - mo girls get on the plane, driving through Italy, Edward totally wrecked, tearless sobs getting robe on, walking to the square. Pale stone courtyard, red scarfs flying in the wind, people dressed in red celebrating. Edward int he shadows. Bella running through courtyard - you see her screaming for Edward but can only hear the music. At the end of the song Bella slams into Edward, trying to drive him back into the shadows.

Sigh. They should hire ME to art direct the next film.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

1. What did you think of Alice's bribe? What does it say to you that she not only had that much cash handy, but that she thought it would take that much money to bribe the officer?
I thought she thought it was normal for her. I think that amount of cash would have bribed the guard easily.

Oh yeah, but I knew there was Eclipse, so I changed my mind.

Was gonna throw my book away(just kidding). Felt weird without Edward in it.

4. Edward pretty much gave up the moment tiny, little Jane approached. What was your assumption about Jane when you first saw her - be honest!
I thought Jane was a baby witch look-alike thing. Freaky.......

5. Bella assumed that Edward was being nice, but not romantic, by protecting her as they made their way down the tunnel. What did you think of the way he was holding her and protecting her?
I think that he did not want the Voulturis to eat her up. If I was Edward, I would do the same thing
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i don't know .lolll

yes, but i had my doubts

it didn't surprise me

she was a freaky little woman. lol

i thought he was scared..and that he knew something bad was going to happen.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I never had a doubt in bella. I knew she'd make it!

I didn't think they were dead.

5. Bella assumed that Edward was being nice, but not romantic, by protecting her as they made their way down the tunnel. What did you think of the way he was holding her and protecting her? He was prtecting the think he loves most
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

1. I didn't actually think about it at all. But now that you mention it, I think she just was making sure she wouldn't have to give him another set of money and waste time.

2. I already read the blurb of Eclipse as well, so I knew she would get there. Didn't stop me from dropping the book and running outside screaming when he took that step forward though . . .

3. I giggled hysterically. And wanted to shout at him and slap him (not that it would make much difference).

4. I thought Jane must be some ancient seven-year-old with a terrible power and got really worried. You know how in horror movies there's sometimes a really sweet, charming blonde kid that turns out to be a zombie or something? I thought she was something like that.

5. I knew he loved her (probably had something to do with the way i read the blurb of the third one before I started reading any of the series :roll:) and I felt like hitting Bella and shaking her and yelling for goodness sake woman! dont you remember him saying he loved you?. :D
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
edwardlover13
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardlover13 »

1.What did you think of Alice's bribe? What does it say to you that she not only had that much cash handy, but that she thought it would take that much money to bribe the officer?
I thought it was a pretty normal thing for her to do. I think she didn't have to give him that much money though. lol but whatever, money is like nothing to the Cullen's.

2.Did you ever think Bella wasn't going to make it in time to save Edward?
No, I always knew she was going to make but I was still like "HURRY BELLA!!!" I just like could not wait till Edward came back into the book :) <3

3.How did you respond when Edward assumed they were both dead?
Omg I thought it was so funny and cute!!! I was like "awww!!". Like he thought he was in heaven or hell with her, It was adorable. But another part of me was like "come on your not dead! hurry move away from the sun!"

4.Edward pretty much gave up the moment tiny, little Jane approached. What was your assumption about Jane when you first saw her - be honest!
I thought maybe they were involved once. i dont know why! But then I was thinking that probably wasn't true because it seemed like he really disliked her, so my second thought was that she had some kind of really awesome power.

5.Bella assumed that Edward was being nice, but not romantic, by protecting her as they made their way down the tunnel. What did you think of the way he was holding her and protecting her?
At first I thought he was doing that because she was alive and he knew she was ok, but then after awhile I finally realized he still loved her <3.
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

Honestly, I didn't think too much about it. I was to worried about them getting to Edward in time! ;)

No. I remembered her dream in the beginning and I thought it would come true and he would step out into the light. I was horrified!!

I was still worried he was going to step out into the light!!!

That she was very powerful and Edward knew it was useless to fight.

I knew he still loved her and I was just so happy!!! LOL!! I was surprised he didn't just pick her up and carry her!
ImageImage
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

If you offered me a Porsche i'll hold anyone hostage. meh, when you've lived that long, than i guess you lose the significance.

I sure hoped so or that would have been a book that ended in the bin.

Ohh, the pain he must been through.

WTF! Why is he scared of her. Man up damit MAN UP!

Ohh, i didn't know what to think i was still rejoicing that edward was back.