General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by ringswraith »

We actually went over the whole pregnancy belly thing before.

Basically, Bella (before they figured out what worked) was actually losing weight.

When they finally figured it out, she started getting back to her normal weight, but she didn't have time to actually gain more weight before the accident that necessitated the C-section.

As for the distended belly... We don't really see what happens after Edward injects his venom and bites her. Perhaps he cut off the extra skin? /shrug
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Sorry...couldn't remember if it had come up before or not...
I figured there was some explanation.

The other question I've been mulling over the past couple of days is about Alice's creator...the one who turned her. From reading Twilight, we learn that he meets Alice in the asylum. Why do you think he was there? Was he a compassionate vampire like Carlisle? Why would he take a special interest in Alice? I mean, I guess it could only have been for her visions, but he protected Alice...and didn't turn her until she was in danger from James. (Sorry if this was discussed as well...but I was just curious on everyone's thoughts)

Thank you Naureen!!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

fanMNM wrote:Sorry...couldn't remember if it had come up before or not...

The other question I've been mulling over the past couple of days is about Alice's creator...the one who turned her. From reading Twilight, we learn that he meets Alice in the asylum. Why do you think he was there? Was he a compassionate vampire like Carlisle? Why would he take a special interest in Alice? I mean, I guess it could only have been for her visions, but he protected Alice...and didn't turn her until she was in danger from James. (Sorry if this was discussed as well...but I was just curious on everyone's thoughts)
I took it that he worked there and took to Alice - developed a fondness for her. James even stated he could not understand the obsession some vampires form with humans. Yes, the old one decided to turn Alice when he realized she was in danger. He obviously was a compassionate individual, showed mercy by not killing her himself; giving in to his natural food source and by saving her from that fate by James.
I also believe that if James had not killed him, he would have stayed with Alice and 'trained' in this new life, but as it was, that ended up not being necessary. She seemed to have managed just fine and found her Jasper.

That's how I saw it.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

navarre wrote:
fanMNM wrote:Sorry...couldn't remember if it had come up before or not...

I took it that he worked there and took to Alice - developed a fondness for her. James even stated he could not understand the obsession some vampires form with humans. Yes, the old one decided to turn Alice when he realized she was in danger. He obviously was a compassionate individual, showed mercy by not killing her himself; giving in to his natural food source and by saving her from that fate by James.
I also believe that if James had not killed him, he would have stayed with Alice and 'trained' in this new life, but as it was, that ended up not being necessary. She seemed to have managed just fine and found her Jasper.

That's how I saw it.

I've wondered about it before and had a brief discussion here. From my perspective, I think that we can relate this old vampire to Carlysle, if we look at how they treat humans. Fact is that we don't know this vampire to be sure of anything, but he was fond enough of Alice to want to save her, and by doing so, I think that he really showed that he liked humans and cared for them, as oppose to the thought of human being just food. ;)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

this is like a totally random question and it's kind of silly. but for some reason it popped in my head :? do you think the Cullens would wear socks? They wear shoes (probably as part of keeping up appearances) but wouldn't necessarily need to wear socks since they don't sweat. (totally random I know) And the nomads are barefoot so we know vamps don't need to wear shoes.

and then I also was thinking about the ambiliocal cord (?sp) from when Bella was pregnant w/Renesmee. It seems to me that since the sac & what not was so hard that you wouldn't be able to just cut it w/scissors. So would Edward had to have bitten that too? It's just so gross to think about and I don't know why I did or where it came from!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Hmmm...well, I think that they would to keep up with appearances again, just to keep up with the tiny details. And personally, I think that wears shoes without socks feels yucky.
And I guess Edward had to bite through the umbilical cord too, that would make the most sense.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'd think they wear socks for the same reason they wear shoes...the appearance issue. I doubt Alice would allow them to go around without socks on :) No socks would kinda look silly in they weren't in open toed shoes...so I think Alice would lay down the law there.

As for the cord, I would assume that Edward would have to have bitten thru that as well. And yes, it is kinda gross to think about but I don't think it's any more gross than the idea of his having to bite thru the sack to get Nessie out. The whole thing is kinda bloody and yuck...

Thank you Naureen!!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I think they wear socks. They have to wear a full outfit to fill the part as humans, I think. And wouldn't not wearing socks in your shoes be uncomfortable even for vampires :)
I assume he bit over the cord. Don't really want to think about that.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Hi everyone~ its been awhile since I posted!

I was reading some fan-fic, and started thinking about this question: Does the venom have any taste? IIf it does, when Edward and Bella kiss, can she taste it since it is basically like their saliva and his teeth are covered in it?
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

I never thought about it, but I think that it does not have a taste.
If it had, I bet Bella would have been careful enough to notice.
I think it simply acts upon contacting the blood stream, then, when it spreads, the body feels the pain.
But no, I don't think it tastes. Bella would most definitely had said something about it after the first kiss.