Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by older_twilight_fan »

akire wrote:
elizabella wrote:Actually Edward/Rob doesn't flip off Emmett/Kellan he snaps
There's actually been some debate about it round these parts... there's a YouTube that slows the whole thing down and shows Rob pretty much does flip Kellan the bird (who's got the link?). I myself prefer not to think about it. ;)
I also saw that youtube video somewhere on these boards. Kellan was up on a stage and one of the people in the audience asked him about the infamous bird-flipping. Kellan said that when they were filming that particular part of the scene, he had just called Rob a *ussy (another name for a cat) :lol: , and that's why Rob gave him the finger (or something along those lines). I remember it being very funny and Kellan's story getting a big laugh from the audience. Sorry I don't have the link, but you could probably search on youtube (Rob Pattinson flipping the bird or giving the finger, etc.) :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I like that part. I think it's cute.
sooo not Edward-like, but it was cuuutteeeeeeeeee.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

here's the vid of rob and kellan and the whoe did he flip hm off? thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0tAYbY7Rpw
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

i think its great!! it made me love rob and edward even more lol.. him flipping the bird just makes him more "human" and shows that they pick up things from every year they live through. but its also wretchedly hillarious.. also if you watch that part and then rewind it i think you see it better
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

I don't know whether this has come up before but... did anyone else notice that during Edward's 1918/hospital flash-back that he's wearing a ring?! :shock:

It makes me think they were nodding at his mother's ring, since she'd just died and why else would he be wearing a sparkly (obviously non "Cullen") ring during that scene... just me?!

Check it out:
http://everglowmedia.net/gallery/albums ... VD_009.JPG
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

It's probably a nod to his family's status. They were rather well-off during the time, his dad being a lawyer (if I recall correctly) and very business-savvy.

Good catch, though! :)
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I think the ring is both of those things, definitely. Maybe not intentionally for CH, but there were a few other things that fell into that category, after watching the commentary. Anyway - I agree that it was a status symbol, and also a mark of his ties to his previous family. In immortality, the Cullen Crest is a mark of their bonds to each other...in the movie. If he was wearing a period-specific status symbol in his human life, perhaps it stood to illustrate how he had once belonged to another family - and wasn't just floating around out there alone. Or at least, he wasn't alone before his parents died. *tear*

It freaked me out the first time I realized that Edward is standing against the wall when Bella opens up her bedroom door when she's running away from Charlie. I was like, "he can see you if he just peeks his head around the corner!" I realize what they were doing and all...and that makes sense, but it would have made me feel better if he hid in the closet or something. lol silly, I know.

Image Image
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

Anyone else notice that the link above the one Bella clicks on when searching for Quilute Legends on google is "heathcliffe.com"? :lol:
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Yes. That page is so random - I still want to know what the Slapping Beaver inside joke was. I mean I "understand"...but I wonder if it had anything to do with something that happened while filming.

Image Image
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

So I think I'm probably nuts but I thought that the deer at the very beginning of the film could have been interpreted as Bella. She's in danger, she's fragile, she alone and she's lost and then Edward "Catches" or rescues her.

I know that's not the main intent...but do you think it could be a possibility?

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.