America's Next Top Model

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

America's Next Top Model

Post by Alphie »

We had a request for a thread on this reality show. It's a guilt pleasure of mine, so I couldn't say no! I've watched it since it's second season and was very surprised when I found out that Stephenie loved it, too!

So who is your favorite this season? Or better yet, who has been your favorite from all the seasons? Personally, Eva will never be topped. She was the best they ever had.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: America's Next Top Model

Post by Jadey »

We've just finished cycle 10 in NZ
My favourite from that season would have to be.. Katarzyna

My favourite overall... Nicole (cycle 5 winner) or Caridee (cycle 7 winner) OR Joanie (runner up cycle 6)
Can't choose :P But I think Jaslenes the prettiest out of everyone :lol:

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Haha! My guilty pleasure. Every sunday I sit myself in front of my TV and watch the marathon they have on Oxygen. :lol:

I LOVED Caridee. She is most definitely my favorite.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I used to watch this show all the time, but after a while it becomes more ridiculous each season. Tyra talks about embracing natural beauty and loving yourself in your skin, when she freaked out when she was photographed in that unflattering bathing suit and immediately went to the gym..I don't think there should be a show telling young women that they are perfect the way that they are, and then turn around having contestants who have to have certain specs in order to even be considered for the show.

who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I adored Joanie and Caridee, does anyone remember Melrose or Jade?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^oh yes, I remember those two-especially Melrose. I'm so glad Caridee won that one. I did not like Melrose at all.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I didn't even see Melrose as just overly ambitious, I saw her as plain old mean. When she was talking about Anchal behind her back, I really wanted to slap her or something. And when she came back to teach the girls about nicknames... grr, there are no words.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

ahh yes, I remember Jade.
She was a biyotch? :lol: I thought she was funny.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Yay Alphie for making my thread suggestion come true! You're the best!

Yoanna from cycle 2 is by far my favorite winner, followed closely by Jaslene from cycle 8. Love them both! :D

Favorite contestants in general would be Kahlen (cycle 4), Joanie and Danielle (both on 6), and Jessica (9). I definitely prefer the earlier cycles over the newer ones, but I've still watched all 12 seasons faithfully.

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, it's saved on my DVR though. This cycle I really like Alison and London, but I have no idea how far they'll go. Alison has been in the bottom quit a few times, and the judges made a comment about London putting on weight, so who knows what will happen.
Image Image
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I love this show! My favorite part is seeing the photographs that come out of it. I loved the season that Naima won - she was my favorite, but I also loved that blonde chick that was the runner up. I thought she was so likeable - the way she didn't really think of herself as sexy and got all embarrassed with the guys. It was amazing how she came alive when modeling - she looked so fierce in her photos and she was totally creative. I can't believe I don't remember her name.

I liked Caridee, too. She was just quiet and sweet and doing her thing the whole season. Some of the others get so crazy in the head from all the stress, and she just kept her eye on the prize and loved life.

I thought Jaslene was a sweetheart - she was always honest but never two-faced. She was a little too skinny for me, and I really didn't think she was good as a spokesperson, but her pictures were awesome and she really was likeable.

The only winner I didn't like was Whitney. I really liked her in the beginning of the season, but as it wore on, she just became so fake and beyotchy. I HATED that Cover Girl commercial that they shot, where she had that fake "snooty beyotch" smile the whole time, looking down her nose. Ulgh! I think she seriously won just because Tyra was trying to prove a point that it's possible for a plus-sized girl to win - because Whitney has the most potential out of any of the plus-sized girls that have gone before her. They probably figured they might not find that again, so they gave it to her.

Image Image