A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 17 ~ The Game

Post by darkrider »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response?
i don't recall their first conversation much...sorry lol

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?
no, i thought he could ave been a bit nicer.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?
i do

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.
no, not at all! loll

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?
no, i liked her more actually
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Billy had good intentions. I think he was only trying to look out for his friend's daughter, because he didn't want Charlie involved with the vampires, too. More than he already was, anyway.

Bella handled herself well, although she could have been a little more polite to Billy.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?

Yes, I did. I saw nothing wrong with the way Charlie treated Edward.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?

Sometimes he's too hard on himself, but then other times I don't think he is.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.

Yes, I was a little bit, but then I realized that that's just the way Edward is.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?

No, not at all.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I think her response was exactly right. It was in no way Billy's business.

I think he could have been a little nicer.

Yes, I do. If Bella didn't like it, or didn't think it was worth it, she wouldn't be there.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost offhandedly.

Not really. She already knew.

No, I love Esme.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

I think she handled it right. I know Billy was just trying to protect her, but he should stay out of her business.

I think he reacted like a normal dad.

Yes. But then that is Edward! ::sigh::

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost offhandedly.

A little. I expected Bella to react a bit more to it as well, but I guess they already knew how the other felt. It's just different when you hear it out loud. I felt it was glossed over a bit.
ImageImage
krissf
Settled in Forks

Post by krissf »

I think that her response was appropriate.Its not his business at all.

I think that it was the usual response that any father gives to a first boyfriend.

I think that he is too hard on himself for sure,but also he has justification for the turmoil and fears.

I was not disappointed.I think it was sweet.He said it like it should be an obvious thing,but bella never having to hear it in the proper way, only hearing it in ways like 'you are my life now', it was a joy for her to hear it stated plain and simple.

It didnt change how i thought of her at all.I lways looked at her as the mother and sweet loving parent and I still felt that afterwards.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response? Billy truly, I believe, has Bella's best interest at heart. Bella has only seen the good side of vampires; she hasn't met the evil ones yet, so I have to believe that her view is a bit one-sided.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home? Well, yes! Charlie knows of the Cullens in a round-about way; he mentioned before that he had never had any trouble with the kids and that they stick together like a family should.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself? Yes, because he isn't intentionally putting Bella in danger... no, because the danger is inherant to the creature that he is; the Cullens are the exception to the rule of vampire life, and Edward is trying to shield Bella from the evil of their world.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly. Well, a bit, yes. He has had these feelings for a long time, and I think he's probably said the words to her in her sleep, too.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her? I like her even more that she is so positive of Bella and Edward's love for each other; I was sad to learn that she had tried to commit suicide after her baby died- truly tragic!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Well, obviously bella was upset that billy was trying to undermine her relationship with edward, and billy was scared that one of his best friends daughter was running around kissing vampires.

It's to be expected, which dad would be delighted at their daughter's first boyfriend

Yes, i think edward is quite the pessimist and i wish he'll take it easy on himself.

No, i think it made it even more romantic.

I always loved esme, i thought she was just so loving and warm, i think learning more about ehr made me just understand her more
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

I think that Billy was just trying to protect Bella since Charlie has no idea what the Cullens really are.

Yes, I approved. He was nice and thats how I think he should be.

Edward is always hard on himself and he should ease up a bit.

He should of said it earlier in the book. Like after Bella said he loved him for the first time, but he just says "you are my life now" or something like that.

I always thought she was caring and loving and the motherly type
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

well of course Billy would try to warn her, try to do what he thought was best for her, they are like family. i think Bella was right with her response. it should be her decision to tell her father or not though. and it was good for Billy to admit that too.

haha i thought it was funny the way they both acted around each other. Edward acted more gentleman than he regularly does and Charlie acted like the normal, typical dad, skeptical about him. it was funny to read.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is too hard on himself?

i think he is a little too hard on himself. but thats just the way he is. he hates what he is and wants so very much to be human. he hates that he is putting her in any kind of danger at all. but its all worth it if you ask me.

it was soooooooo cute! awww. he was trying to make her understand that even though he hates that he puts her in danger, he loves her.

no not at all. she was just as caring and loving and able to love Bella as i had suspected. i wish she was a more prominent character in the books. i felt like we didnt get to see much of her.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I think Billy should have minded his own business. I know that he was trying to help Bella because Charlie is his friend but honestly us girls usually find out our lessons. And even though Bella was a little nasty with her response I think that she should have been a little nicer so that Billy knew she understood where she was coming from.

Yea, I mean he told him to sit down and to get his girl home safe. If my father was actually a nice guy I would want him to be like towards my first boyfriend at first.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself? I dont think so. He has never been in that position before so he isnt sure on how to act himself. I am sure it must have been soo hard for him to finally realize all these feelings he was having inside.

Uh no.

No not at all. I think she is a great character!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3