Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by twilightmom »

DG: EXCELLENT memory! BTW - your "spoiler" font worked fine. It's going to be different than before b/c the LEX colors have changed. Great job with the excerpt, thank you!!

When I hear Lover Mine - I think of how possessive all of the Brothers are - MINE they always say. Well, JM never really felt like he belonged anywhere - he always felt off - first as a young boy - not knowing he was a vampire (pre-trans), then as a member of the group - he felt distanced because of his past. He has trouble with intimacy... I see the title as a reflection of his finding is soul mate - finally finding himself and what is his in the world. He's discoved what is his and his alone.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Good call TwiMom, it will be about him really coming into himself and being who he was meant to be. Part of his triumph I think will be claiming his "territory." :twisted:

Good memory Dragon-Girl, I thought that quote sounded familiar - no wonder I knew it was Rehv, but I couldn't understand why I was convinced!

Thanks for posting the link. *Sigh* Nice excerpt! I just LOVE the line, "Even the powerful needed protection sometimes."

*screams* Is it the 28th YET?!!?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

Conzoni al vento wrote: And I completely agree about the titles. The one I enjoyed most just for the lol-factor was Lover Unbound. hahahhaha. Oh, V.
*feeling like a complete idiot* You know, I completely missed that. How could I miss that?!? I'm now rolling around the floor laughing :lol: :lol: I love V. I really do.

Also, amazon UK is now saying that they will be releasing the hardback on the 28th, they just don't have it in stock at the moment. I'm going to hold off ordering for a few more days, just in case they change their minds again. :roll:
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Your quote of the day!!
  • 4/16/09: "Can I say I'm sorry again?" (To Rehv.)
Sorry it's late...work is crazy today.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Holy crap new thread! I had to hunt to find this. :p I have no theories for today's quote, but I AM happy tradition is being thrown out the window. (Referencing back to the quote to the Scribe Virgin) I would love to see Xhex and Payne in the brotherhood. Except, Xhex is a Sympath. (As is Rhev) How is that going to affect things?

Dammit! I read the excerpt and now I think I'm stuck getting the stupid hardbound book. Or I may duck off the radar for a while when it comes out so that I'm not tempted by your discussion to go out and get it. Grr. Ward. Grr.

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

I'm not sure Xhex would want to be in the Brotherhood, really. She seems to like her privacy, with always going home etc, and it just seems to... controlling, tbh. I think she likes her freedom too much for it. She fights the lessers on her own terms though, doesn't she?
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

DG: I can see your point, however, I can't picture Xhex staying home while her other half is fighting. She doesn't seem like the other shellans we've met so far.

I wonder if this quote takes place where Bella get upset and argues with Revh after finding out that he's a sympath and knowing what really happened to her father?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una

Post by una »

I'm not sure Xhex fights the lessers unless they corner her or something. I think she is more of the bodyguard (and friend) for Rehv (almost like a sister) and maybe an assassin. Maybe the blackmail has something to do with her killing someone and the princess holding it over her head (along with her being half-sympath). I'm not sure....I do want to know more about her. I also cannot see her as a brother or a soldier.

Today's quote:
  • 4/17/09: "I just... needed to hear your voice." (To Ehlena.)
Ahhh....
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, so that new quote would definitely be a romantic (or at least emotional) moment for Rehv and Ehlena. I think that softer side of Rehv will be sooo sweet to see!!

I'm giving in and ordering the hardback copy today...the books won't all match but, ugh, I have to have it! :D

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I called the library today and requested that they order the book. Since it is hardcover, there is a better chance, even though they don't have any of the other books. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!