Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by ringswraith »

Myself, when I read, I imagine the actors are performing as if the book was the script, so I ruin the movie for myself, instead of the other way around. ;)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

cassis_rose wrote:
Jadey wrote:The movie screwed up the whole story.
So it screwed up the book for me.

Now when I read Twilight, I get the crappy movie scenes in my head. Grr
The movie is stuck in my head whenever I read Twilight.
Now, I can't read the lines Edward spoke in the book without the crappy scenes with awkward lines in the movie popping up in my head.
Thankfully I don't have that problem! I can read it and enjoy the book w/out seeing any of them and nothing from the movie coming in my head.

I totally agree w/not mentioning Bella's sleep talking (they had the perfect opportunity to mention it when Edward shows up in her room & they have the kiss.) And also not mentioning Jasper's power was so sad.

Did the climbing up and through the trees bug anyone else? I don't know why but I just don't like it. I remember when I first saw it in the preview I was like what the? It just looks really funny and weird to me. They could have used that time to show the devlopment of their relationship instead of climbing stupid trees.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

pennybug84 wrote: Did the climbing up and through the trees bug anyone else? I don't know why but I just don't like it. I remember when I first saw it in the preview I was like what the? It just looks really funny and weird to me. They could have used that time to show the devlopment of their relationship instead of climbing stupid trees.
I didn't like it either. It made it seem like Edward could fly or something when he launched himself from tree to tree. And I doubt that Edward would take Bella tree climbing. It would be dangerous with clumsy Bella in a tree top... They should have spent that time on creating a real meadow scene, true to the chapter Confessions. I missed the development of their relationship so much. I wanted it to be so much more than: Ok, so he's a vampire and I love him. And ok, I wanted this girl's blood, but now I'm madly in love with her . That's almost the way it felt. It was all so rushed.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

CatherineH was weird. It's like she didn't take this project seriously.

"okaay guys, lets just doo this, thiss looks coooool yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
It seemed like a huge joke, and something to just have fun with.
And like she didn't capture the true point to the story.

There were so many things wrong with it. Gah.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

Jadey wrote:CatherineH was weird. It's like she didn't take this project seriously.

OMG that is sooo fuunny!! lol and totally the way she talks.. like shes zoned out.. it just amazes me that steph m thinks its good and thought CH's ideas were good!! if i were SM i would be horrified that someone took something so beautiful and pooped on it lol.. like throwing paint on the sistine chapel! i mean SM seemed to be a big part of making the movie so what the ** was she thinking!?!? :shock:
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

pennybug84 wrote:Did the climbing up and through the trees bug anyone else? I don't know why but I just don't like it. I remember when I first saw it in the preview I was like what the? It just looks really funny and weird to me. They could have used that time to show the devlopment of their relationship instead of climbing stupid trees.
Yes! It really bothered me. I hate those scenes and I cringe whenever I saw Edward climbed the trees. It looks so fake and weird, and reminds me of a spider.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:CatherineH was weird. It's like she didn't take this project seriously.

I have never heard a grown woman (not sure how old she is) who sounds more like some silly girl...She says "cool" so many times in the course of an interview that it makes me sick. I was listening to a podcast interview with her and Rob, and I was annoyed almost everytime she spoke. She was just so loud, and "coool, yeah" all the time. And she's overly enthusiastic about the movie she ruined. I can't take that woman seriously at all. And how could she not understand the viewpoints of the fans? It seems like she thought it was a great movie and wouldn't change a thing almost. She could at least admitted that the meadow scene was crap, since that was obvious to everyone who even just skimmed through that chapter in the book.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

I couldn't agree more with you. CH must be on Pot or some other mind bending drug. Her actions and word choice often left me thinking who in their right mind would let this person be in charge of anything. It's was amazing to me that we got anything worth watching from her. Creativity would be in bringing the book to life not going on tangents that eat up time and took away from the story. Several times I wonder if CH understood this was a love story or not.

Talking about the meadow scene, I have to say that she really disrespected it totally. After all, the meadow scene was the birth of this whole series and it was filmed poorly and with no concept of how important it is to the story. It felt more like an after thought. No dialog, no making this a special moment in time, no falling in love for the first time was conveyed.

How about the two kisses that B&E had? The one at the truck where she jumped him and the next one at the bottom of the stairs where she passed out because she forgot and held her breath. These where important steps in their relationship that explained how they came together and the power of their growing love. How on earth did she think she got it?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

In a lot of interviews, CH says "I stayed true to the book, and gave the audience what they wanted yeaaaaah"

:shock:
If I met her, I'd punch her.
Good thing I live nowhere near America.

But remember, it's not completely CH fault. Its mostly stupid Melissas fault.
I cannot believe she is doing New Moon. :l
I'd punch her too.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:In a lot of interviews, CH says "I stayed true to the book, and gave the audience what they wanted yeaaaaah"

:shock:
If I met her, I'd punch her.
Good thing I live nowhere near America.

But remember, it's not completely CH fault. Its mostly stupid Melissas fault.
I cannot believe she is doing New Moon. :l
I'd punch her too.
I know...I bugs me that she is doing NM. But at least, now she wont have all-excited CH there with her. So hopefully CW will be able to give her a reality check, and save the movie.
The Dark Knight wrote: Talking about the meadow scene, I have to say that she really disrespected it totally. After all, the meadow scene was the birth of this whole series and it was filmed poorly and with no concept of how important it is to the story. It felt more like an after thought. No dialog, no making this a special moment in time, no falling in love for the first time was conveyed.

How about the two kisses that B&E had? The one at the truck where she jumped him and the next one at the bottom of the stairs where she passed out because she forgot and held her breath. These where important steps in their relationship that explained how they came together and the power of their growing love. How on earth did she think she got it?
The two of them were so sweet in the meadow. Edward listening to her heart and just holding her in his arms. A true love relationship being formed. And everything they told each other in the meadow. The completely honesty they had was crucial for the path of their relationship. And I missed it in the movie.

I agree with you about the kissing. I loved the one at the bottom of the stairs. She actually passed out. That is saying something about what she felt for the guy. What did he say..Something like: The first time I kiss you, you attack me. And now you pass out on me. (paraphrasing). It would have been good in the movie. And it would have been time for a kiss or two more.