Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Soubiluv98
Wandering Through Town

Re: Special Effects

Post by Soubiluv98 »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:Oh, help us! That scene makes me weak in the knees, my eyes water, and get goosebumps! The way he looks at her when he says that!!!
Here's the link to the article in the Newsblog section for today. Rob talks about the CGI effects to make him sparkle... I'm kinda glad they are doing it CG. He said that they tried many things, and I bet they weren't very comfortable... http://movies.about.com/od/twilight/a/t ... 3108_2.htm
I know!!! It makes me want to die!! Just his voice alone kills me!! <3
But yea from what i've seen it looks good. The speed and stuff... it's kind of what i expected it to look like, which is good!
My only concern is of course.. the sparkling. @____@
God, if it doesn't come out right, that would really suck, but i think i could still enjoy the movie. :)

thou shalt not eat of it
thou shalt surely die
Kate Johnson
Settled in Forks

Post by Kate Johnson »

Special effects form a very important part of any film. Usually heavy investments are done on special effects to
enhance the beauty of the film. I personally feel that there were lot of chances of improvements in editing,graphics and special effects. Screenplay and direction is also a matter of concern. Lots of sparkling
and glitter is really making the film awesome.
-----------------------------
Kate Johnson

Guaranteed ROI
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

I think I read somewhere that one of the vampires took a week of ballet to get the graceful walk down, but I can't remember where or who it was. Sorry! :) But the thing I'm most worried about is the sparkling. I know they've decided to use CGI, but I just don't want the shot to come out and all you see is sparkle sparkle sparkle! I just don't want that to take away from all the emotions and tension that's going on. Especially for those who haven't read the books (those crazies...) I'm scared the sparkling is all they're going to get out of the scene, which is not good obviously considering the heavy material that comes from the meadow and what a beautiful scene I'm sure it will be. Hopefully it will turn out well.
ImageImage Image
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I like how they make James, Victoria and Laurent walk on that little carpet thing. It looks so cool :)

But they better make him sparkle. And make it look real. Ha ha. That was pretty funny. But still you know what I mean...

And yeah. The movie better rock :D
Or else... dun dun dunnnn.
HA ha. Just kidding. :lol:
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

BroadwayAmanda93 wrote:I think I read somewhere that one of the vampires took a week of ballet to get the graceful walk down, but I can't remember where or who it was. Sorry! :)
i DEFINATELY read that somewhere...so now worries everyone she's not crazy haha it's true! they really did!

*dies of laughter at thought of Kellan in tights*

bahahaha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

The great thing about Twilight is that the special effects are secondary - if the story isn't there, it doesn't matter how good the special effects are. And it's nice, because the story itself doesn't call for much that doesn't happen in real life as far as effect go. I mean - there aren't any dragons or magic or anything like that. I like that about Twilight - it boils down to the characters and wonderful they are instead of depending on shock and awe tactics to entertain the audience.

And I'm sure the sparkly sparkly is going to be just perfect. *crosses fingers*... Ok, maybe I'm not that sure. Ha.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

mlola619 wrote:i DEFINATELY read that somewhere...so now worries everyone she's not crazy haha it's true! they really did!
Haha! Thanks. :)
ImageImage Image
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

OoOoOoh, I wonder if they did any behind the scenes stuff for the ballet lessons. That would be very funny. Haha. I can't wait to see all the special effects they put in to the film. I just hope everything is true. No cheepy or cheesey things. Haha.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote:OoOoOoh, I wonder if they did any behind the scenes stuff for the ballet lessons. That would be very funny. Haha. I can't wait to see all the special effects they put in to the film. I just hope everything is true. No cheepy or cheesey things. Haha.
yeah, like on a bloopers video or a behind the scenes look. I'm so stoked for anything they put in as extra stuff once the DVD comes out! Hopefully they'll put Rob's original Lullaby on there....*sigh*
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

mlola619 wrote: I'm so stoked for anything they put in as extra stuff once the DVD comes out! Hopefully they'll put Rob's original Lullaby on there....*sigh*
ohmygosh! that would be so awesome!! i'd love to hear his lullaby even if it isn't in the movie. and! i can't wait for the movie to come out, but i feel like it's going to be even worse waiting for the DVD! i'm already addicted to the behind the scenes stuff on youtube, so i can only imagine how awesome the actual special features will be on the DVD. yay!

oh and i just read in some article that they reshot the meadow scene to make the sparkling better. so at least it sounds like they're trying to make it as good as possible! ::crosses fingers::
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3