A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Melarian
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Post by Melarian »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
Well, I guess it is the attraction they feel for each other. Sort of a chemical reaction to each others presence.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
Maybe books are something he is interested in as well or he feels that books are important to Bella. I guess the kind of books you like also show what kind of a person you are, so maybe Edward tries to find out what kind of person Bella is (as he can't read her mind, he must think of something else to get close to her thoughts).

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?
She probably mentionned Jane Austin. I guess she likes romantic novels, classic stuff, maybe also a bit of fantasy.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires?
I felt a bit sad actually. I was wondering about the fact that after so many years as a vampire, twilight is still something remarkable for Edward, something that makes him stop for a moment and think about how another day has come to an end. It made me wonder a bit, though, because I would have expected twilight to be a good time - because it is safest for vampires. The way Edward says it, it sounds more as if it was something incredibly sad.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
i think it was just their awareness of eachother

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
because the type of books people reads tell a lot about them

wuthering heights?...etc. loll
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Lust.

Hm... It would probably tell him a lot about Bella. Why would someone reading something they're not even remotely interested in? Someone who likes mysteries is intelligent and loves to solve a puzzle. Someone who likes romances is... romantic!

She probably mentioned classics, like Romeo and Juliet, and things by Jane Austen.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.

It made me sad for him.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is? Physical attraction.... hmm, and when it happens with 2 humans, it usually has to do with hormones and such... do vampires have hormones? :) ... I think that between Bella and Edward, it had more to do with their powers; rather HIS power and her POTENTIAL power. Think about it, all the couples have powers or traits that balance each other:
Carlisle- compassion, and Esme- passion; Alice- seeing the future, and Jasper- emotion-manipulator that no doubt helps her deal with the emotional stress of the visions; Rosalie- extreme beauty, and Emmet- extreme strength; Edward- hearing thoughts, and Bella- secure mind.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books? Edward came from a time where there was no tv or radio (or just barely beginning); I imagine he was an avid reader, too.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions? The classics.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires. I thought by "the easiest time" he meant that they didn't have to put on the human charade, that they could be themselves at home. By "darkness is so predictable," I thought he meant that no matter how hard they try to fit themselves in the human world, they are NOT human, they are dark creatures by nature. By "saddest" and "end of another day," I thought he meant that it was the time he wouldn't be spending with Bella awake.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?Their love?

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books? Midnight Sun spoiler, he sees those books in her room her want's to know what they were.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?Jane Austen

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires. Awesome
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I think it has to do with how aware she is of Edward being right beside her.

Because, you can tell quite a bit about a person by the books they read.

Wuthering Height...

That it makes sense, and was a good idea. But it made me think, because he still thought it was amazing, even though after so many years of seeing it.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. Maybe she has a crush on him. I never really found out what that was....

2. She does seem to read some pretty heavy stuff, so maybe he is curious about that. Also, the same thing that Krystal stated above.

3. No idea, I am not really into her type of ooks, and my Twilight copy is on the shelf, far away. Otherwise I
would look it up if there was mention of a book.

4. I guess it is just easier for them to blend in, so they seem to like it. I never even caught on that he was reffering to himslef and twilight.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

Passion

Because he is an avid book reader himself. And what types of books a person reads tells a lot about them.

Wuthering Heights, Sense and Sensibility...

It made me kind of sad. The way he said it.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Chemistry. Ahh, sweet chemistry.

Because the things that she reads have such meanings behind them and he probably wonders how she interprets them.

Pride and prejudice, sense and sensibility, wuthering heights etc.

It sounded sad, the way he said it, there was nothing happy about it, like recognition of something that just is.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

haha physical attraction! and their love for each other. the passion there.

maybe he thinks that the books are the best way to get inside her mind. at least the best way he can. he so desperately wants to hear her thoughts. hes probably read like every book ever too. haha.

the romance books she read. maybe if she read thrillers or fatasies, those too?

its the oppisite of how the 'typical vamp' is. myths say that they cant wait for the sun to go down. well the Cullens are not typical in any way. they go against their nature so i guess everything would be in reverse. that twilight is the saddest time of the day for them.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.