Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by skylarblue »

Well, I got Rehv on Friday and I am half way through it but of course I have it hear at work and I plan on reading more today.

On the subject of audiobooks, I agree with what everyone has said. It all depends on the reader. When I first purchased Twilight, I found the ladies voice annoying but I got use to it. My Harry Potter audiobooks, I just love. I think I've listened to them at least 5 times, Jim Dale does a wonderful job.

Can't wait till May 12th, so we can dish on Rehv. This will be exciting since we haven't had any discussions in ages it seems.

Welcome roseaurora!
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I am so sad. To those in the St. Louis area - I'm very sorry to announce this from the WARDen care of one of her site administrators, regarding the book signing:
  • Hi all--

I have some very unfortunate news regarding the St. Louis signing for tomorrow. At this point the signing has been canceled.

J.R. has come down with a virus and is not only very very ill but has been put on bed rest by her doctor and advised not to travel. She is of course devastated that this has happened and feels absolutely awful but this is the best thing for her health and we have to make sure we take care of our WARDen.

I know that many of you had plans to attend the signing and I know that this is a huge disappointment. Please know that if there was anyway that she could have pushed through and made it, she absolutely without a doubt would have done so. She is crushed just as much as all of you, if not more so, that she won't be able to be there.

As of this time, the signing for the 9th in Radcliff, KY is still on but we will be sure to let you know should anything change.

Please send get well vibes and healing thoughts to our WARDen. Thanks so much,

LeE
I hope this doesn't break any rules of the board - I just wanted to give you the update.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Welcome roseaurora.

I just went ahead and bought LA today. Gonna go read.... :ugeek:

Hope the WARDen feels better soon!!!!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Oh Addicted, YAY for you!! Hope you enjoy!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Welcome RoseAurora! Love the name. My daughter loves all things Disney right now! Good luck on those exams!

I recently downloaded the free application for Kindle on my iPhone and I'm totally addicted, too! Unfortunately, I can't just put it away b/c it's my phone! I'm reading all of the time now! The other day I got 4 free books when I bought the Lords of the Underworld series. Don't know anything about them, but hey, they were free!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

Started reading last night, eehhhh, I forgot how much I love these guys :D
Didnt get too far though, too tired. Hope to finish today, but Im going to a Kings of Leon concert tonight so we'll see.
una

Post by una »

Okay, here is the update from the WARDen, she is actually sick with the (regular) flu:
  • I got test for Swine Flu yesterday afternoon and absolutely positively do NOT have it. That was what took me to the doctor's actually because I was like, right, I can solider on if this is just a cold, but if I have that swine thing I'm absolutely NOT going to spread it to readers by going to a signing with it.

So the doctor comes in and is like it's defo not swine and I'm like, hot diggy, I'm going to make it to St. Louis- and she said, oh, you're going absolutely nowhere, doctor's orders. She was like you're sick and you can't travel, go to bed and shut up.

Turned out she was right. However badly I felt yesterday, I'm far worse today so far.
I know we all wish her well and so I did pass on the get wells. At least she did want to try and still make the St. Louis signing but that is a no-go. Oh, well, maybe next time.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

una, can't thank you enough for how great you are about keeping us all updated about Ward! I appreciate it very much

I can't wait for the next week to pass so we can all discuss Rehv together!! :D

Thank you Naureen!!
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Oh. My. Gosh.

I just finished about an hour ago (I got it on Thursday and wasn't able to read most days since due to work). PLEASE, someone PM me so I can unload about a certain "wahlker" (spelling is an issssssue, i know. hahahah) and ... yeah, the rest of what happens.

I am cringing at the thought of having to wait another year (who knows how long, actually) to get my hands on the next one.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

*covers eyes*
i didn't finsih Rehv's book yet. i'm up to chapter 22.
Lena, you finished?!?! you need PM me ;] but not to spoil the book for me, eh? =P

i am LOVING the book so far, btw. i just read where Rehv "visited" the princess and called Ehlena and made plans to hook up later. i'm excited! i'm off to do homework so i can read.
love you ladies. <3
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3