Dating Thread

Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Dating Thread

Post by Pel »

This is a thread to discuss dating and relationships.

This is not a thread for IMing use the PM system for that.

Stay on topic... (this means things pertaining to dating. And general relationship dating like topics.)

Keep it PG

Discuss all things Dating related

Seek advice for the newly dating teenager

Bond over the lack of promising relationships in your school.

Edit to add User generated thread guidelines. These guidelines are fully supported by the Lexicon administrators.

We all know this thread was locked because of IM and chat like posting and were devastated by it. Lovemesomecullensss and I have decided to make some things clear on this thread to prevent it from being locked again. The only types of posts allowed here are

a) Posting of a dating related problem

b) Advice to those seeking

c) A dating related question that can be answered by anyone on the thread

d) Posting of an event you would like to share with the whole group that happened in your dating/love life

e) Past dating experiences.

Anything else non-dating related will be prohibited and should be posted in a different thread. There will be a ‘three strikes you’re out’ rule. If you post something that is not from the above list and is not dating related one of our thread moderators will PM you and tell you so. Each post that is non-dating related will count as a strike and once you hit three strikes, you cannot post on the Dating Thread for a week. We know it may seem harsh, but it is mind-numbing to read all those posts that have no content and we hope to make our thread a better place.

Our thread Moderators are lovemesomecullensss, a_n_n_a, and me (simplymortal314). We also have back-up moderators who are StupidxLamb and Conzoni al Vento. This new system has been approved by Cocoa and she will be around to help us. If you have any questions feel free to PM one of the thread mods.
tiffi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Dating Thread

Post by tiffi »

UPDATE!!!!!
omg where to start?????
-BG asked me out
-i say yes
-me and BG text a ton
-BG comes back from vacation/camp and doesnt ask me to go any where
-we kinda mutually decide to "break up" no biggy
-my flirty friend (FF) says i hav a sexy *butt* and encourages me to break up with BG before it happens
-FF asks if he'll ever have a chance with me (hes asked me out multiply times and the answer has always been no)
-i say maybe, but i wanta be single for the begining of school, he agrees no drama

OMGGDGG there is wayyy too much to tell (and yes simplymortal they ARE legit) this ^^^ isnt even half of it. but ill post more later. luv you guys!!
~TIFFITIFFITIFFITIFFI~ :mrgreen:

ill tell ya what was missing from Breaking Dawn! a full paragraph... page... CHAPTER of edward cullen naked!!!

splenda is splendid........:D
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Wow, Tiffi! You've been busy! What else has happened that you haven't shared yet?

My update:
Noah is at Duke.
He has called me twice, in the past two days (since he moved in).
He's attending his first college party tonight. There will be drinking, but, according to Noah, not by him.
I'm worried about him spending his time with partiers though. Bah.
He's coming back for Labor Day weekend.
I asked my parents if I could go out with him that weekend (since I'm technically not allowed to date until my birthday in October...)
My mom said yes, but in a public place (jeez), and she still has to talk to my dad.
I already told Noah I could.
Bad move.
I really hope the parentals approve.
I am pretty confident that my dad will be OK with it.
He's more lenient than my mom.
I miss him so very much. :[ It's getting worse, too. Haha. I want him right now.

Oh. Apparently some of my friends trash talked me at a sleepover that I couldn't make it to. One of them, the most gossipy, said that Noah and I are stupid, because of the distance and because he's always surrounded by girls. And then she called me desperate. I'm not sure how I'm desperate, because desperation implies the act of settling. And Noah is NOT settling. So whatever. I was really upset when I first heard about it, but not really surprised because I know this girl pretty well and she trashes everyone behind their backs. I'm OK now.

How's everyone else?
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Nothing exciting for me. Except I atill seem to have a creepy stalker-ish person. :/ Ever since I few years ago (more like as far as I can remember) this neighborhood kid always stares at me when I'm outside in front of my house. It is quite unsettling. It feels like I'm foregetting something. Oh yes, late one night while on the phone with one of my friends we were each on our computers and we found a website to play MASH. I filled it out for her on my screen and she did the same for me. Every almost every single time my "husband" was Bus Boy. It was pretty funny and annoyed my friend. So that would be my pathetic dating life thus far.
Now for the juicy stuff. *rubs hands together*

SxL, sad he left for Duke. Though extreme yay that you guys can out on a date. He is staying in contastant contact with you, which is very happy-making. I smiled at your post. I wish I posted more on OAL, but I have been keeping up with your story. Here's to your first offical date! cheers! *passes around sparkling apple cider to everyone*

tiffi, I don't doubt anything you said. If I don't have much of a dating life and am less social than everyone else doesn't mean that I want everyone to be the same. I'm just going on trust here. Anyone can lie on the internet if no one knows who they really are outside of the computer. Also when have I ever told you that I questioned your updates? If I didn't comment on them it would be that I had nothing to say. I'll stop here and PM you the rest I have to say. As for the dating, as SxL said you have been busy. Is there a reason as to the "break-up"? I agree whith the being single for school starting, it leaves more room for shamless flirting. :wink: As long as it's done tastefully and not throwing oneself at the guy. Explainations would be good, of course with more events.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Oh gosh... well...
Im so glad this thing is back up.

I went to Lu's house.
to shorten it up from my allready posted on the other thread..
he sat on me, hugged me, grazed my thigh with his kness,sang to me..etc.

I'll post more when i have time but i cant wait to see all of you guys agaiN!

Tiffi-
who is FF????? is he someone that is liked? and so does that mean that you broke up with BG?

SxL-
he called you. Good! i think things will work out. =] i ahve all the hope for you two to work out!!!

OOOH!!! and Virginia has to finish her stories about camp!!!!! and her hottie conselour guy.
ill post more later.
( iknow this was a terrible post but i am doing five things at once and just had to say hello to everyone again.)

Edit:
Thanks Pel for putting this back up!

GUYS!!!!!
from the old lex.. I'm still me, Conzoni.
So that day i DID go to Lu's party.
i'm pretty glad i did because it was alot easier than i thought it would be,really.
And i found out that he hadnt gone to the club, as i suspected.
and he sat on me, hugged me, and rubbed high knees up against my thigh, and talked to his mother about me (previously so that she knew about the concert situation!) and none of it bothered me. yay!
tiffi

Post by tiffi »

SxL-yayyy!! it looks like you and luke could work....someday but im happy that your relationship is easier now (or so it sounds like) as for your friend just ignor it. my suggestion have a gay guy as a close friend. lol i loooove them. they wont hit on you, tell you what color to paint your room, shop with you, and they arent -for lack of a word that the lex wont allow-beaches....

conzoni- girl i love man hores! i mean i dnt consider them bf material because itd be umm....hard on them to stick to one woman. lol but it sounds like your having fun.

okk some little things i need to tell ya about:
-i got cut from my team :(
-the lex was closed on my birthday :(
-and i pole danced then got chaced down by drunks

more detail......
-my crush on BG kinda faded, and i was becoming less and less intrested and more and MORE guys kept showing up in my life. and people trash talked me for going out with such a geek (if you really like the person, you wouldnt care what other people think -SxL knows what im talkin bout- but i cared) so the desision was pretty much mutual.
-as for FF, theres no drama. i care about him, yes. but someone needs to. hes had a surprisingly hard life, and he has a future unlike some of his friends. we're friends still but he hasnt been nearly as flirty since i told him i wanted to be single. maybe a bit jealous, but he'll move on.

-ahhhh theres SO much more!!!!! but my post is getting too long

ill tell ya what was missing from Breaking Dawn! a full paragraph... page... CHAPTER of edward cullen naked!!!

tiffi

Post by tiffi »

ok so i decided to double post because i dnt kno when ill be on again. so here is the outline of everything else:
-i meet ANOTHER older guy at a festival hes really flirty to me
-i flirt back
-he gets my number
-i find out hes a druggie (so lets just call him drugg)
-hes still really cute..... but i shall use him for my flirt needs only. no bf's of mine are gunna be druggies
-another older guy is talkin to me and my friends
-he doesnt look at anyones faces
-i say "heyy up here!!!" LOL no joke!!!
- i add a guy on facebook, whos name looks really familiar
-turns out he goes to my school but i never met him
-hes EXTREMELY flirty. tellin me that im hott like every time the convo draggs
him: ur rele hott btw
me: uhhh thanks
next time:
him:wow ur like rele rele hott
me: how do you kno you never met me!
him: ur pics. so hott....
next time:
him: ugh ur so damn hott!!!
me: yea i get that a lot
LOL!!!!!!
-i ask FF about him, and he tells me that flirty facebook guy (FFB) just wants to get in girls pants. no surprise there.

yesterday:
-spanish teacher asks us to pair up boy/girl (she says it in spanish!!! :( )
-THREEEEEE guys wanta be my partner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I tried the whole dating thing. But I hated it. Yeah, I'm crazy, but I hated it. When I'm older I will probably start dating again.

I get stared at a lot thought. Like anywhere all these older guys stare at me. I feel like telling them something like "wait for another year." or something like that. My friends are jealous that I am the one that everyone looks at and they are just strange... lol.

OOO! I have a good story! STORY TIME!
okay, so I was in the airport waiting for my plane and there was this kinda cute guy sitting like 4 rows away from me, but he was in my direct line of sight. I looked up from my book (i was reading Breaking Dawn for the 2nd time) and he caught me looking at him... So like 15 min later I look up again and he is gone! *gasp* ha ha. But then I looked over at my brother sitting next to me, and I see that guy sitting two seats next to me! It was so funny. I started cracking up. He looked at me strange. :]

Lovely story. Oh, but then when he was getting on the plane, I was already in my seat and he just kept staring at me when he passed me.

Hmm. kinda creepy. He was probably like 5 years older than me. Ha ha.
tiffi

Post by tiffi »

hey alicelauren (AL?) are you a newbie to the thread? and did you talk to airplane boi?

simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Sooo...
Conzoni, Will Lu ever change? I can tell at heart he is a good kid. It's great that you're over him. So going in single for school? keeping open the prospects?

SxL, Has Noah called today? And have your parents offically approved the date? I can't wait to hear how it goes! Oh and since we lostthe link to the countdown, here it is again: Countdown

tiffi, you attract the strangest guys. For FF just be a good friend for him and listen to him. Try not to flirt too much and end up leading FFB on. That would be bad, and it ucks being let on. Then it would cause problems.

AliceLauren, welcome aboard! You'll date when you're ready. That sounded like a great story. Why must some guys be so creepy? :roll:

Well, some of us have already started school and some of us are about to, I was wondering: Do you think it would be wiser to start school single, or something else?
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.