General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie's Story

Post by AliceLauren »

I almost started crying when I found out what Rose had to go through. I mean, all she wanted was to be loved, and normal. Shallow but true.

I never truly understood her, but I found that she is sort of like all of us. Isn't that what we all secretly want? To fit in and be loved for who we are? I think so. Now that she showed that she has a heart in there somewhere, I love her. She is one of my favorite characters, and I think that she has her heart in the right place, just that she doesn't exactly know how to get to that right place.

Maybe after some more time of being a vampire and learning to live with people, she will become a little less cold (not physically anyway).

I also love her name. It's so pretty. It's very classy. I promised myself that my child will be named Rosalie :)

Lol.
the.slayer
Wandering Through Town

Post by the.slayer »

i acually really liked rosalie's story and started likeing her a bit more after i read it. i think i also started likeing her more because i think she did what i would do. i mean just imagine that you've been betrayed by someone you loved and thought loved you, then he rapes you. and you wake up all strong and powerful and full of anger. so what do you do? get a wedding dress and kill the bugger that did it to you and eveyone that helped. so i kinda hope you see my point of how someone could relate to it....

Edward Cullen is staring at you...
- Jessica Stanley Twilight

Wanna be a vampire??
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Rosalie's story really changed perspective of the story.

First, it would be about Bella. She didn't want Bella to be like her, to be unable to conceive the child she always wanted, live the fairytale dream. To be unable to have human experiences, like what Rosalie wanted, to have beautiful babies,etc etc.

When Bella became pregnant, she knew she had to save the baby because she did not want Bella to be just like her, unable to have a child anymore.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

the.slayer wrote:i acually really liked rosalie's story and started likeing her a bit more after i read it. i think i also started likeing her more because i think she did what i would do. i mean just imagine that you've been betrayed by someone you loved and thought loved you, then he rapes you. and you wake up all strong and powerful and full of anger. so what do you do? get a wedding dress and kill the bugger that did it to you and eveyone that helped. so i kinda hope you see my point of how someone could relate to it....
I absolutely agree with you. If that happened to me, I would have murdered those men and slept better at night because of it. Well, not slept, since I would be a vampire, but you know what I mean.

I definitaly don't like Rosalie in the sense that she is exactly the type of girl I don't like in general. However, I do think there is more to her than everyone thinks. She's who she is and she doesn't bother to hide it. Alot stems from what happened to her, but it was also just how she was. Edward even says "I wonder what she would've been like if she hadn't always been the most beautiful."

As far as the pregnancy is concerned, I think Bella knew exactly what she was doing when she got Rosalie's help. She knew that Rosalie wanted a baby more than anything, and that she would give up Bella's life in a heartbeat in order to save the baby. Bella was counting on that. She wanted her baby to survive no matter what, and Rosalie was the only one who was willing to allow that to happen.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

Mrs.EdwardCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mrs.EdwardCullen »

I was actually suprised, how instead of Alice knocking on the door, *expected*, it was Rosalie. When I read that, I was like, :o ! That's a shocker But I really liked Rosalie's story because it made me feel like I understood her a little more, and why she hated Bella at first. And I repeat, AT FIRST. Anywho, once the incident in Port Angeles, and Rosalie's story, I compared the two and obviously, they are a lot alike. No wonder it was ment to be. :lol: Now, instead of hating her, like she hated Bella, I really like her. I really really like her.
Here's the code:
Jacob: "I told you so."
Bella: "Did you know that I told you so has a brother? His name is shut the hell up."
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^i know. its like, once i saw into rosalies mind, it all made sense. everything in her life that she had to go through was just...ugh. i can't believe it.

i've always liked rosalie, but the story clarified everything. i'll always protect her because i think she deserves it after all she's been through.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I don't think that what Rosalie has been through justifies her personality and her selfishness.
I'm pretty sure that Rose was always self centered, even before her very unfortunate expirience.
ColormeBSG
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

she was selfish BECAUSE of her past. she was always pretty, and always treated like everything was in her hands. she got what she wanted all the time, BECAUSE of the way she looked. when you are raised that way, you can't help but act like that. once she was changed, all of this was multiplied because vampirism enhanced her features.

from what rosalie has been through, not just the rape and stuff, but her WHOLE past, you can't expect her to be all happy all the time. gah. at least she has emmett, or else i don't think that she'd make it. but thats for another thread. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

^ which is why I can't stand her. she is just too thouroughly self- centered.
I don't care if it was her parents' fault, if it was her accost-er's fault, or her great-great aunt's fult- she is too vain and selfsish and concieted for me to stand. This is why I dislike her characher.
and, she is so unreachable in her vortex of ego and vanity, that Carlisle and Esme, the two kindest, most compassionate, most selfless people that Rose will ever meet- even THEY are unable to influence Rose.

EDIT:
One more thing I'd like to add. actually a quote from holdingoutforjacob:
no one's upbringing gives them an excuse to be selfish. edward was raised a certain way too. he was raised with the thinking that women were helpless creatures, that needed to be protected, that couldn't vote. that segregation was okay. many many things that just aren't good. however, is edward a sexist racist pig? no. he is not. he may have been when he first met carlisle, though i doubt racism really caught on with edward, but he learned from his surroundings and the people around him and his experiences. rosalie has spent enough time not being the most beautiful pampered pretty girl in the world that she should know better by now. but she is essentially a self-centered creature, and she doesn't give others enough thought to consider how they feel, how she is treating them, how they should be treated, etc. and she's too arrogant to believe she's wrong
what more can I say? genuis! *round of applause
ColormeBSG
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

Lioness Rampant wrote: she is so unreachable in her vortex of ego and vanity, that Carlisle and Esme, the two kindest, most compassionate, most selfless people that Rose will ever meet- even THEY are unable to influence Rose.
carlisle and esme dont try and change rose to be a selfless creature, they accept her for who she is and understand why she is the way she is, rather than trying to make her into someon she is not.
sure, they have probably influenced her in many ways over the decades. she may have been more selfish when first changing into a vamp. - we, as readers cannot see this, as the book only goes for the space of a year or so, and the only brief history we delve into is character storytelling.
no one's upbringing gives them an excuse to be selfish. edward was raised a certain way too. he was raised with the thinking that women were helpless creatures, that needed to be protected, that couldn't vote. that segregation was okay. many many things that just aren't good. however, is edward a sexist racist pig? no. he is not. he may have been when he first met carlisle, though i doubt racism really caught on with edward, but he learned from his surroundings and the people around him and his experiences. rosalie has spent enough time not being the most beautiful pampered pretty girl in the world that she should know better by now. but she is essentially a self-centered creature, and she doesn't give others enough thought to consider how they feel, how she is treating them, how they should be treated, etc. and she's too arrogant to believe she's wrong
what time has rose spent NOT being the most beautiful creature in the planet? when she became a vampire she was even MORE beautiful than before! and rosalie is not racist either....so i have no idea where this argument is heading. Edward can be argued by some (not me!)to be very anti feminist with his treatment towards bella, and arrogant also, so he too, brought his old life experiences with him to vampirism.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis