Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Cassandra Claire: Mortal Instruments Series

Post by debussygirl »

Well, maybe they decided to keep the covers about the people that Valentine had either fathered or raised. Like Jace, Clary, and Sebastian/Jonathon were all related to Valentine in some way.
I really don't know, I'm just guessing now.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I agree Debussygirl, it's either that or they are the three pivotal characters for the trilogy overall.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

debussygirl wrote:Well, maybe they decided to keep the covers about the people that Valentine had either fathered or raised. Like Jace, Clary, and Sebastian/Jonathon were all related to Valentine in some way.
I really don't know, I'm just guessing now.
hmm thats probably true...
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

That does make sense, debussygirl, I have to agree . . .

But the angels wings??? That bugs me . . .
And the fact that he has rune marks on his arms -- wouldn't something happen to him if he tried to get rune marks, like burn him or something that would give him away as a half-demon??

Sorry, people, it's pretty particular of me -- the person that did the cover art probably didn't think of these things (which baffles me, but oh well). :?
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Perhaps Sebastian could put runes on. Maybe the shadow hunter part of him lets that happen. Or, if nothing else, he could draw scars to look like runes so that people aren't suspicious of why a 18-year-old shadow hunter didn't have any runes on him.
I have no idea about the angel's wings though. :?
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I'm just coming in here really quickly and not looking at anything so I don't get any spoilers. :lol: I've finished City of Bones and I'm going to order City of Ashes and Glass from amazon. The library is taking way too long!

I got the ones with the UK covers on, like on CoB is a face (I think it's Clary)
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Well, the wings could be because the artist got confused about Sebastian being part-demon and not part-angel like Clary and Jace so she put the angels wings to show how different Sebastian was (and to give us the clue that it is not Alec).

It could also be the foreshadowing of how angels play a role in the end along with Sebastian. If you notice, Jace glows on the cover of City of Bones, Clary has the mystical "moon" power swirling around her (and the cables from the bridge almost look like they could be a steel) and then you have Sebastian with a sword and the angel's wings. Each cover could be giving glimpses of important elements to each story. Jace was critical to the first book, Clary was critical to the second with her ability to create ruins (note the boat) and the final book is Sebastian, the sword and the angels.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

SPOILER ALERT.

It could also be their way of misleading readers into thinking Sebastian is a good guy.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

ringswraith wrote:SPOILER ALERT.

It could also be their way of misleading readers into thinking Sebastian is a good guy.
That could be . . .

And by the way, does anyone have any thoughts about whether he's alive or not??

I had a hope that he could somehow be alive and defeat the demon side of himself and become good. But then I always hope that everyone will be good in the end, sometimes it just doesn't happen. :(
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:
And by the way, does anyone have any thoughts about whether he's alive or not??

I had a hope that he could somehow be alive and defeat the demon side of himself and become good. But then I always hope that everyone will be good in the end, sometimes it just doesn't happen. :(
I thought he was dead...?
I thought that Jace killed him. And the series is over, so I don't think he'd be alive. And to me, it sounds like Valentine already tried to make something human out of him, but couldn't succeed. I mean, Valentine admitted that Sebastian was much too evil.