Adult thread -- The Summer House

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Adult thread -- The Summer House

Post by ringswraith »

Dovrebanen wrote:Ladies and rings - I just have to get this off my chest. I'm going to Venice, Italy!!! 4 days, starting Sunday. We just bought the tickets on the spur of the moment. I'm so excited! Venice.
Congratulations! Lucky...

Maybe you can pick me up one of those "Learn Italian" things so I can give Giovanni more character... ;)
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Gen - sure. Just tell me if you have a picture/theme preference.

Seriously...FML! Today is the failiest of fail. I HATE Lotus Notes with the fiery passion of 10,000 burning VDs. It is THE WORST email program ever. Not only is it not user-friendly...it's not even ADMIN FRIENDLY!! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and configured this stinking piece of vomit program 4 times for the same client today!!!!!! Exactly to the region's specs. But NOPE, this festering turd of an application refuses not to purge all of it's bile onto itself every time I think I'm done. SPORK YOU, LOTUS NOTES! *stabs program through the eye socket with a rusty metal rod*

Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

David - That must have been really difficult. To write an Italian character and not know the language. But I think you did it perfectly. Giovianni is such a great character.
I'll see if I hear some good lines in Italian. Though I won't know what it means :D It could be really bad...
I really hope I can get by with English down there. In Norway you can basically count on everyone to speak English more or less. At least most people will be able to understand you. Not sure what it's like in the rest of Europe :?

Julie - Sorry about the fail day. I don't use an e-mail program at all. Just gmail.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Dovrebanen wrote: David - That must have been really difficult. To write an Italian character and not know the language. But I think you did it perfectly. Giovianni is such a great character.
I'll see if I hear some good lines in Italian. Though I won't know what it means :D It could be really bad...
I really hope I can get by with English down there. In Norway you can basically count on everyone to speak English more or less. At least most people will be able to understand you. Not sure what it's like in the rest of Europe :?

Julie - Sorry about the fail day. I don't use an e-mail program at all. Just gmail.
Trust me, Trine - if it were up to me, my workplace wouldn't use Lotus either. It's kind of essential to have some kind of email server for us, though. I just wish they would move to XChange like the rest of the sporking world. But...the government moves SLOWLY, and they always seem to work with the most archaic programs. Before they can move ahead, they have to do all this testing and documentation and passing and whatnot. By the time all that is taken care of, THAT program has almost become obsolete as well. Srsly, FML hard.

Congrats to you, though - Italy should be amazing. Props to you for being spontaneous - have a great time!

Image Image
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

I had help. I took a basic Italian class in college (admittedly, did not do as well as I would have liked) and had a friend who is fluent in the language help me with some details.

I really do want to learn the language, though. Wonder if there's a product I can buy for it...
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Rosetta Stone.

Image Image
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Ah. I've heard of that. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Yes, I've heard Rosetta Stone is amazingly simple. Now you can go on their website and get a demo CD to see how you like it before you spend the couple hundred bucks for the program!

I have a quick, funny story for everyone... :D

My son just came into the room and said "Oh my God, you are still on that forum??? When you get up, I am going to sneak on there and tell those people that you are totally obsessed and can't do anything else!! :evil: "

I just looked up at him like this... :shock: and then said "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" :lol: "THEY ARE EXACTLY LIKE ME!! HELL, SOME ARE WORSE!!! :lol: THEY WILL LAUGH AS HARD AS I JUST DID!!!" :D

I, by the way, LOVE the "Rob just got his backside kicked" pictures. It just makes me see how much more I can take care of him...laying him down and rubbing...*eyes glaze over and I start to drool*... :? Huh? Wha?...Oh! uh...rubbing cream all over his wounds and cleaning him up from....head....to....toe.... :oops: Sporking Lovely! :twisted:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Trine, Venice! I'm so happy for you! Just watch out for really beautiful pale people offering free exclusive tours.

Julie, shhh, shhh, Look at some Rob.
He will make everything all better.

Rob can't stand Lotus Notes.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

On second thought, while I'm sure Rosetta Stone is an amazing program, I just don't have that kind of money. :(

The search continues...

In Rob-related news, I just asked my coworker if she saw all the pics of RP getting beat up, and she just about freaked before realizing it was for a movie. :lol: