Cullen Cars

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by vampirenerd »

I noticed that also. I don't know that this is the reason but in a lot of movies one car company will pay to have their cars in the movie. I'm assuming that since Carlisle's is a Mercedes and eventually their will be a Mercedes S600 Gaurd that it was cheaper on them to have it be a Mercedes.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

vampirenerd wrote:I noticed that also. I don't know that this is the reason but in a lot of movies one car company will pay to have their cars in the movie. I'm assuming that since Carlisle's is a Mercedes and eventually their will be a Mercedes S600 Gaurd that it was cheaper on them to have it be a Mercedes.
I didn't notice. But then again...Cars are not my thing :)
But I would assume it has something to do with what you said. Maybe Mercedes payed good money for the use of their car in the movie. It can be great advertisement. I remember one movie where all the main characters were driving Mini's. In my opinion, mainly for the purpose of advertisement. I sadly missed the Vanquish in the movie. I wish they would have taken that to prom.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

OMG!! when ever im in the car on a road trip i play this game with myself. i count how many of the cullens/jacobs cars i can find!! its soooo funny! :lol: i usually only find 1 yellow porsche and like 14 black mercedes!! (i cant spell) my friend's neighbor owns a silver volvo and he's a football player in high school... so its pretty funny every time i go over there!! :D
Betting on Alice.
Iroc24
Wandering Through Town

Post by Iroc24 »

I like all the cars but I'm fond of the jeep. The off roadness is cool and in the movie I love how Emmett jumps off the back in the parking lot.
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I'm most fan of the Vanquish. I have always loved Aston Martins. I always wanted one ( even though I know I'll never be able to pay one), and then I found out that my favorite fictional character owns a Aston Martin Vanquish. I was like, freaking out.:D I also loove Alice's cars. I like Porsches, especially in bright,special color. And omg she owns a yellow Porsche :D I loved it.
I also think Emmett's car fits him so good. :D I wonder why Jasper doesn't own a car.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Jasper now has the Ducati motorcycle (I hope that's how it's spelled). Esme doesn't have a car we know of either. I guess they just run wherever or borrow one of the many vehicles in the Cullen garage when they need to get anywhere.

I didn't imagine Edward getting Bella a Ferrari as her 'after' car. It's a bit flashy for her style and I imagined maybe a Lexus convertible.
Iroc24
Wandering Through Town

Post by Iroc24 »

While each car is referred to with an owner in mind, they all drive all the cars. I mean, Edward took Carlisle's car to Alaska, Alice took it to Arizona. Edward took Emmett's jeep during the baseball scene. In the movie, Jasper drove the jeep to school and Emmett road standing on the back.

So the fact that Jasper and and Esme don't have cars wouldn't stop them from driving if they needed to go somewhere.
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

EMMETT HAS ZEE BEST CAR.
Honestly, I've always wanted that car, and I didn't know what it was called, and THEN HE HAD IT and baym true love even more xD
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I love Alice's yellow porsche. There's a porsche dealer on my way to work and every time I passed by that store I always look at the canary yellow sports car...
katie
Settled in Forks

Post by katie »

I've always been into cars thanks to my dad and i loved that they all drove awesome cars in the books, it's exactly what I would do if I had lived for so long I had masses of money in the bank!!! I actually also loved Edward's Volvo in the film, I love that car! I think my all time favorite though is Alice's Yellow Porsche!