A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 3 ~ The End

Post by vamps4evr »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?

I was taken by surprise. complete surprise, I thought no way would he leave..permentantly...and take all the stuff she had to remember him I was.....in...awe......

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
absolutly!! subconscious can be a strong thing!

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I knew he loved her, I knew this wasn't he wanted for him, but I did beleive he would go and for a while! He made himself clear and loving her and her loving him - he had always said wasn't good for her...and that was how much he loved her!

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
I wasn't sure about him, I couldn't put my finger on it...maybe mad it wasn't Edward saying he was stupid and would never EVER leave

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
a statement, well gotten..heartbreaking!
VampyreChica
Settled in Forks

Post by VampyreChica »

1. Edward leaving tok me by suprise completly! I cried when he said that he didn't love her anymore. It nearly killed me, when I read it I threw that book across the room. It was horrible. Like Bella, I fully beilved he didn't want anything to with her. I'm glad it didn't turn out that way though. :D

2. Who hasn't felt that.. something you desperatly want and it's ending to soon. Been there done that. I felt for Bella.

3. His speech was extremly harsh. More cruel than anything else. I wasn't expecting him to run back to her but i wanted so bad that he would. I beilved it like Bella did. It was horrible.

4. I didn't know what the "animal sound" was, but i figured it out when i found out about the werewolves.. or shapeshifters.

5. it was just horrible. terrible. ughh
As i love you-- Edward Cullen
emilyenrage
Settled in Forks

Post by emilyenrage »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?

I completely expected it. Reading the words "THE END" as the chapter title and how Edward had been acting before hand I knew something bad was happening.

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?

Yes. This chapter is so real to me. I can feel every emortion Bella feels because I've had the closest person to me leave. It wasn't by choice, but the feeling of still wanting that relationship is still there even when the relationship is gone.

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?

I didn't want to believe it but I did.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.

I don't really remember that.

It was like reliving a part of my life.
As I would flip through those pages I could get the sense that obviously Bella wasn't getting any better. But without reading what Bella was like makes it seem unreal. You never really get the feeling that Bella is depresed until after she starts getting better.
ImageImage
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

Alphie wrote:Questions prepared by Cocoa

1-i hated this chapter so much. i was literally crying in my bed when i read it. but i think i knew it was coming when it described the look on edward's face

2-YES YES YES!!!i felt this in real life, but it was different in the book. i felt my heart eaching for edward when he turned away as my tears were running.

3-i grasped me, but i didnt really like it. it was like a slap in the face and i wanted to comit suicide, but i guess he was thinking that too because he said not to.

4-i thought that my life was over and that i was a senceless as bella at the moment. my reaction was the same as hers. but when he came with her to charlie and she thought that she would recognise that voice anywhere, i thought that it was edward.

5-it felt like months were going by as i turned each page, and was sad that he hadnt come back, like, the next day.
Edward can bruise me anyday.

MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

No, I did not feel a sense of foreboding. I knew something was coming, and that it was pretty close from the way Edward was acting, but I had no way of knowing when. Even though I knew it was coming, it did take me by surprise when it actually happened, especially Edward breaking up with Bella. I did not see that one coming at all.

No, not really. I'm not that type of person. For one, I haven't had a boyfriend (and I'm seventeen, ode to being picky). Number two, I love my space. I'm not clingy at all, and I tend not to... commit all of myself to something if I think it's not going to work.

Besides, I would never stop someone from walking away from me. If someone didn't want me as a friend, or a girlfriend, I wouldn't force my company on them. Why fight for someone who obviously does not want to be around you? It's pointless.

I knew it was real, and that it was happening. I was hurt for Bella, but I knew Edward wouldn't do it if he didn't have to. I didn't expect for him to run back, he has great self-control. No, I did not believe it as readily as Bella. Reading it, I was mentally screaming at the book, "NO! No, Bella, don't listen to him! He's lying! Why can't you see that he's lying?! DO something about it, Bella! Call him out!"

I was surprised. Why was Sam there, helping to look for Bella? What was going on? I was surprised and confused.

Again, I was confused. I kept flipping back and forth through the months pages, thinking, "What the heck? Did I get a defective book, or something? That would be just my luck..." Finally getting bored of flipping through the months, I turned to the next chapter. "Oh, well... If I did, the next chapter will let me know. If I'm lost, I know why."
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

yes. I knew that that was coming, but it still took me by surprise at the same time. I sensed that because he was quiet toward her that the end was coming.

yes. Once.

I believed him completely. I was in shock, but I absolutely believed him. And his speech, it made reality come crashing down after living in a dream with Edward.

I was terrified of him. He was just so big. But I never expected him to be a wolf.

It made me feel depressed and hopeless for Bella, like she would never be happy again.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

It kinda took me by surprise... I was expecting something bad to happen, but honestly not that... or at least not like that...

Yes, yes I have.

No. There were a couple times I thought it was hard for him too. I thought for a few minutes that he would have at least come back to lead her towards her house. He would have to have known that she would get lost. No, I did not believe him as readily as Bella did. He loves her too much.

I thought "Who is this?"! Couldn't remember him at first... Did wonder what the "snuffling" sound was though...

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages:
I was sad for Bella.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

Yes and it was killing me the whole time! I knew he was going to leave, but I really hoped I was wrong. My stomach fell when it actually happened.

No.

I knew he was doing it because he loved her so much. When she said his harsh face would change for a split second, or she would see a flicker of something in his eyes, I knew he was lying about everything. I thought that when she was wandering into the forest after he left he was still there making sure she was safe. I thought he would at least come back and take her home...

When Bella said she heard something like an animal sniffing around her, I knew it was the werewolves. And then when it was Sam that found her, I knew he had been the one that had turned into a werewolf to find her.

Sadness. Time was passing without Edward and it was horrible!
ImageImage
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

Took me by suprize, a horrid crushing aching kind of suprize...
I followed Bella thoughts, and thought Edward would get over the Jasper thing and every thing would be normal again....

Um no not really, I wanted to grasp my Beautiful Edward as he slipped into that unbareable silence..., does that count?

i was, .....i was.... crushed, I didnt believe what he said about not wanting Bella, course he wanted her...,
I expected him to come back, soon like. O god I read this last night and I cried soo bad, no Edward, no no nonono, why Edward why? Why did you do this to me? Edward!

I sooo knew he was the animal snuffing around when that happened and then he appeared

O that freaked me out, but i understood , it was what it was, no Edward equal practiacallly comatose time
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
krissf
Settled in Forks

Post by krissf »

I could kind of see what was coming from the beginning when he left the room to go after Jasper.I wasnt suprised at all.We all know that this is Edward and he cares for Bellas safety first and foremost so this is exactly what he would have done.

Cant say I have

I didnt expect him to run back immediately.I did think that it would take along time and he would eventually come back for sure.If Bella truly remembered everything he had ever said to her(which is impossible so i dont blame her at all) then she would have remembered that he had said to her before "If leaving you is the right thing to do,then I'll hurt myself to keep from hurting you,to keep you safe'.I knew that this wasnt what he wanted to do and that it must have been excruciating for him to leave her.Thats how I got thhrough the book.I knew he would come back at some point but it was reall killing me to wait that long for it.

I had no idea who Sam was really so I didnt think much of it.

My jaw dropped to the floor and tears that were already in my eyes spilled over to a steady flow.It was heartbreaking!!!